Intel Broadwell-E Core i7-6950X, Ten Core Processor Rumored To Cost $1500 US

Mr_Troll

I'd love to use this as an argument for why competition is necessary but I almost never believe rumors until it's proven.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

i hope zen...

but knowing amd and their budget... RIP PC INDUSTRY 2016

But they have done amazing things with there gpus. and have INCREASED cpu development. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Pie-chart_AMD_gets_a_bigger_market_share

what does this graph represent

I'd love to use this as an argument for why competition is necessary but I almost never believe rumors until it's proven.

That price would still be just as high. It's an incredibly niche need. If you people think for one second AMD won't be pricing right up there with Intel if they get a competitive line of chips out, I have a bridge to sell you. Intel knows it's markets, and rare is the bird capable of using that chip to its fullest extent, hence the price.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

zen. 

AMD hasn't done jack shit to compete with intel in the CPU market for ages, I don't expect Zen to be anything new.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Oh come on intel!

...hopefully we'll get a 6930k or whatever with 8 cores at the usual 500 bucks

Same here but no doubt that Intel will screw us over. I was interesting in the Core i7-6900K but now I'm not so sure.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Same here but no doubt that Intel will screw us over. I was interesting in the Core i7-6900K but now I'm not so sure.

"screw us over"

Yes you're right, they should give us 10 core 20 thread CPU's for the same price AMD sells their shit for, despite it being 2-3x faster.  They should let all the money they spent on R&D go down the drain so they can make all the people that don't need these CPU's happy for $200 a pop.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

"screw us over"

Yes you're right, they should give us 10 core 20 thread CPU's for the same price AMD sells their shit for, despite it being 2-3x faster.  They should let all the money they spent on R&D go down the drain so they can make all the people that don't need these CPU's happy for $200 a pop.

Wow your sarcasm knows no bounds :P

$1,500 for a CPU is gross. They should keep it at $1,000 and follow the pricing of the current lineup, 6900K should be around where the 5930K is or maybe a little more.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

"screw us over"

Yes you're right, they should give us 10 core 20 thread CPU's for the same price AMD sells their shit for, despite it being 2-3x faster. They should let all the money they spent on R&D go down the drain so they can make all the people that don't need these CPU's happy for $200 a pop.

Don't bother. Most people here don't even realize how much power their current Haswell and Skylake CPUs have and how much goes unused by modern software. No non-workstation, non-server user needs more than a 6700K. Software needs to get better at using available resources, period.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That price would still be just as high. It's an incredibly niche need. If you people think for one second AMD won't be pricing right up there with Intel if they get a competitive line of chips out, I have a bridge to sell you. Intel knows it's markets, and rare is the bird capable of using that chip to its fullest extent, hence the price.

not what I was getting at but ok

Wow your sarcasm knows no bounds :P

$1,500 for a CPU is gross. They should keep it at $1,000 and follow the pricing of the current lineup, 6900K should be around where the 5930K is or maybe a little more.

There are CPU's that costs A LOT more than $1,500, I don't see you crying and complaining about that.

10 cores 20 thread is A  L O T  of power, and 80% of the users on here wouldn't have a clue what to do with it.

My point is, the people that actually need this, will buy it, a lot of them will be the same people that bought 5960x's, and 4960x's, and 3960x's before that.

Don't bother. Most people here don't even realize how much power their current Haswell and Skylake CPUs have and how much goes unused by modern software. No non-workstation, non-server user needs more than a 6700K. Software needs to get better at using available resources, period.

Tbh if I bought one, I'd just use it to slap everyone around on HWBOT :D

There are CPU's that costs A LOT more than $1,500, I don't see you crying and complaining about that.

They are fucking Xeon's. Not consumer grade and a CPU in the consumer market that costs even a $1,000 is a stupid amount of money. Why don't you stow the sarcasm because there is no need for it.

They are fucking Xeon's. Not consumer grade and a CPU in the consumer market that costs even a $1,000 is a stupid amount of money. Why don't you stow the sarcasm because there is no need for it.

Why on earth do you think a 10c20t cpu is intended for average consumers?

There are E5 Xeons that cost less, but the extreme edition is a very niche product that's used only by the highest end of overclocking enthusiasts. Intel knows it's market. Either the market can revolt and prove Intel wrong by voting with its feet against the blue beast, or people will buy what they buy and you will buy what you buy. Free market economics is both efficient and equitable.

Why on earth do you think a 10c20t cpu is intended for average consumers?

Because it is in the consumer market. If this was intended for professional applications then why doesn't it have a Xeon badge on it?

There are E5 Xeons that cost less, but the extreme edition is a very niche product that's used only by the highest end of overclocking enthusiasts. Intel knows it's market. Either the market can revolt and prove Intel wrong by voting with its feet against the blue beast, or people will buy what they buy and you will buy what you buy. Free market economics is both efficient and equitable.

You have a good point

Because it is in the consumer market. If this was intended for professional applications then why doesn't it have a Xeon badge on it?

Professional apps do not always require ECC capability actually.

I'm still taking hold of that 6900k and holding on for dear life.  The sub $1000 dream of a real 8-core shall be mine.

9590 started at $1000.

you know what I mean... 8 core with two SMTs per core...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Z170 is consumer anything higher is the prosumer or enthusiast/professional grade hardware.

But but but... I just want an 8core for 500bucks :(

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

"screw us over"

Ha "same price"! 1500 dollars. Your just an intel fanboy, zen looks very promising. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614