Xbox One controller vs PS4 controller

MrTickle

Only reason I'm dedicated to the Xbox one over the ps4 is due to the controller. Yes the controller and if ps4 changed the layout of the joysticks I would happily get a ps4 over the Xbox one. What do you guys think? Do you prefer the ps4 controller or the Xbox one controller and why? Or it doesn't matter to you at all?

Xbone controller because I have big hands.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i prefer the Xbox

I7-4770K @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Z87-Deluxe | PNY GTX 780TI | 24GB of Ram |

2-120GB SSD's Raid 0|  2-WD 1TB Drives Raid 1 | Thermaltake sp-850m |

Corsair Air 540 | corsair H100i

Prefer ps controller because it is my first console.Xbox controller feel so weird, especially the joystick position..

In my opinion, the xbox brand of controllers are the best, but I don't hate the ps controller, though I can only play ps3 games for a short period of time because it's a little too small for my hands for long use. 

I prefer the Xbox Controller, I like the joystick position. Even though the first games that I really played were on PS2. I don't mind the Playstation controller but my hands hurt after using it for a while.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I like the Xbox controller but I love PlayStation.

Hopefully Mad Catz has those controllers where you can move around analogs. Make the PS4 controller have Xbox 360 layout.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I plan to try the Dualshock 4 with PC when I get a PS4. If the controller is good enough then I will buy an extra one for my PC but if it isn't then I may buy an Xbox One controller. I'm assuming its an upgrade over 360 controller but the smaller analogues and higher looking shoudler buttons may make it subjectively worse. Worst case and they're both downgrades (doubtful) its not like there will be a shortage of cheap 360 controllers anytime soon.

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz (1.36V) MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H GPU: Palit GTX 670

Storage: 32GB SSD System OS, 2x 1TB HDD (RAID0) and 2x 2TB HDD (RAID0) Power Supply: Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W 80+ Gold

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cooler: Corsair H100 Monitor 1: 27" Yamakasi Catleap 2560x1440 IPS Monitor 2: 23" LG W2363D 1920x1080 120Hz

mouse and keyboard :P. sorry i just couldn't resist.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I really cannot understand why people use keyboards. The multitude of buttons is about it but WASD? Eh, no.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

Playstation controllers are better in my opinion. Plus the PS4 conrtoller has a touch pad, and has rubber grips around the handles and they redid the triggers. 

Xbox cause i like to use them to smash my windows when i get game rage :| ps 1s just shatter when u drop them, useless at beating people up with

Character artist in the Games industry.

I have used a PS2 and PS3 controller and a Xboox 360 controller.

PS2/PS3 was most comfortable for me and better for button smashing/spamming.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

PS4

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I prefer the Xbox layout because it works much better for me considering I play mostly shooters on the console. I have a ps3 and I could never get used to the controller. I really don't like the joystick layout because it feels like my thumbs are crowding each other. My favorite controller to date is the original Xbox fat controller. I found it very comfortable and it fits me better than the 360 one lol

I prefer the Xbox layout because it works much better for me considering I play mostly shooters on the console. I have a ps3 and I could never get used to the controller. I really don't like the joystick layout because it feels like my thumbs are crowding each other. My favorite controller to date is the original Xbox fat controller. I found it very comfortable and it fits me better than the 360 one lol

The Dualshock 4 (PS4 controller) has reportedly fixed this. The controller is slightly larger with a more grippy material, a more ergonomic shape and a much greater distance between the two thumbsticks. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The best controller layout for me was the Sony Europe Playstaion (PSX) analogue controller that was foisted on us Europe when Sony didn't want to give us Dual Shock's. Folk forget that Sony had to be dragged kicking and screaming to give us those in the west.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

If the new xbox one controller will be as solid as the previous one they have me if I'd need a controller. Even though I have played lots of ps2 the controller is just inadequate for my use so I had to get a bigger aftermarket one. And I don't get what do people have against either of the joystick layout. I can switch between them no problem, no adapting needed

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Only reason I'm dedicated to the Xbox one over the ps4 is due to the controller. Yes the controller and if ps4 changed the layout of the joysticks I would happily get a ps4 over the Xbox one. What do you guys think? Do you prefer the ps4 controller or the Xbox one controller and why? Or it doesn't matter to you at all?

I have a legitimate reason to prefer the Playstation's controller layout over the Xbox's layout.

I learned this as a kid, and I have used it ever since. If you take your left index finger and move it to the D-pad on the PS controller, you can control the left and right Thumbstick, the D-pad, both sets of shoulder buttons, AND the right 4 buttons all at once.

You cannot do that with the Xbox's controller layout because you cannot adequately control the left thumbstick with anything other than a thumb (such as your index finger) and because the controller is too big. 

You might say "Well, why would you want to control all those things at once?" Simple. Complicated games.

Specifically, my favorite game ever. Kingdom Hearts. The D-pad and Right Analog stick both control the command menu. Since KH is an Action RPG, and is a Hack 'N' Slash game, you need that level of dexterity to be awesome at it. Or rather, it helps a looot.

Especially considering the fact that you have to use the L2/R2/R1 buttons to control the camera. The L1, D-Pad, X/O buttons, and Right Thumb Stick for command menu, and so on.

You get the idea. It enables me to be more dexterous in certain games. I like it. It helps in CoD too when I want to activate a killstreak or change my rate of fire while sprinting and diving/shooting/throwing a grenade/etc. 

If you think this is a silly reason, explain macros. Extra Mouse Buttons. Ergonomic keyboards (not for the actual ergonomic effect, but for faster reaction time and more key presses, faster). Cherry MX Reds. Again, you get the idea.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Off topic but I feel really old seeing someone talking about learning something about a dual shock "as a kid". I was legally drinking when that thing came out.

Stuff I try to use;

Off topic but I feel really old seeing someone talking about learning something about a dual shock "as a kid". I was legally drinking when that thing came out.

I am from the PS1/N64 gaming generation. Crash Bandicoot was my favorite and first real game to play aside from Final Fantasy Tactics and Legend of Dragoon. 

I am 19. Feel old yet?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Older, I bought Crash 2 and it did actually involve sacrificing beer money.

My first computer games were loaded off cassette tape. 16k of eyepopping colour.

Stuff I try to use;

Xbox one, because of that stupid light on the back of the PS4 controller.