Xbox One controller vs PS4 controller

MrTickle

xbox for sure but... keyboard and mouse would be always better (except for racing or fighting games)

I've used xbox controllers since the Duke(which I liked way better than the S ecxept for the size of the top of the thumbsticks) but Total Biscut said the grip around the side of the XBone's sticks is abrasive which might mean the wider spacing on the dualshock's sticks could mean the ps4 is a 10/10 on controller. Although I am a fan of feedback on input and the XBone can reportidly vibrate on the triggers which is probably more relevent feeback than a handle vibrating

I wish they would let you use mouse and keyboard. Console controllers are the one reason that I do not enjoy playing on a console.

I like the PS4 layout better but Xbox controllers have been more comfortable in my experience.

The perfect controller would be a Nintendo D-pad and regular buttons (ABXY) with Xbox 360 triggers, PS3 shoulder buttons and rubber buttons for start and select, and PS3 analog sticks. And then all built by Nintendo because they make their stuff extremely durable. Hell you could use an NES controller as a murder weapon.

If I had to pick one that actually exists, probably the Wii U pro controller. It's got the 360 design with Nintendo's superior build.

I like the ps3 controller BUT i have modded the triggers to slope outwards not inwards. after you do that there is nothing on the Xbox controllers that i would be interested in.

by the looks of the new ps4 controller they understand this and have sloped the triggers outwards as well.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

Just putting this out there, PS4's Dualshock 4 is bigger than the XBone's controller. But for me personally I prefer the Playstation's controller because it is what I grew up with. That being said, I do prefer the Xbox 360's controller for something like an FPS, for everything else I'd pick Dualshock.

The position of my hands holding the PlayStation controller is way better to me the Xbox feels like I bent wrist after using it, but the Xbox has a more beefy feeling compared to ps skinny body I like a little meat on my bones.

The position of my hands holding the PlayStation controller is way better to me the Xbox feels like I bent wrist after using it, but the Xbox has a more beefy feeling compared to ps skinny body I like a little meat on my bones.

Ive been an avid PS player since the dawn of PS one. Still though, the xbox controller will always feel better to hold. Given up on consoles a while ago and instead use the xbox controller on my PC. much better experience!

I'll wait to try then for myself as i used to like the PS2 controller but i found the PS3 to be very uncomfortable to use for long periods of time so i switched to the 360 which i love small changes can make a huge difference and until i get to try them out for myself i have no opinion

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

To be honest I prefer what ever controller I have played most recently in the previous 6 months.

Keyboard and mouse FTW!

But srly tho, X-box 360 controller because of it's native windows support and the analogs and triggers feel much better than on PS controllers.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/262-linustechtips-anagram/

Current system: i7 6700K @4.6GHz(Water cooled), 32GB of Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 @2600Mhz, 2-Way SLI EVGA GTX 1080 FTW(Water cooled), Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero,

Intel 750 Series 400GB NVMe SSD(boot), 6x Various SSDs for games, Corsair AX1200i PSU, Corsair Carbide Air 540 Case with Noiseblocker 120mm fans, NZXT Hue+ to run lighting and

Aquaero 5 XT to run all my fans and water cooling.

Old system: i7 2600K @4.5GHz, 16GB of G.Skill Ripjaws X @2133Mhz, 2-Way SLI Asus 780 DCUII OC @1081/7008Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus IV Extreme B3, Samsung 840 x2 in RAID0, Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler, Corsair AX750 PSU, Antec 1200 Case with SilverStone Air Penetrator fans, Asus Xonar Xense Sound Card

x360 controller. Best so far, feels the best in my hands. As of PS4 or Xbone controller... won't comment until I get my hands on them. But the PS4 one looks promising so does the Xbone one.. who knows.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

i don't understand how you can have an opinion at this point. Have all of you guys tried the new controllers?

If we are choosing between PS3 and Xbox360 controllers i would say the xbox because it was heavier and felt more solid. I also liked the thumb stick positioning better because i felt that the ps3 controller was too wide.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Using an XBone controller on my PC and I still have not gotten used to this poorly designed piece of junk ^^

I don't know, touching a PS Controller feels natural, like my g400s, just right.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Xbox controller for sure. I hate the positioning of the thumbsticks on the PlayStation controller. They feel out of place and uncomfortable.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Both the 360 and PS3 controllers are small for me but the Dualshock3 feels better in my hand. The original xbox's original controller actually fits my hand better. The only problem I have with the Dualshock3 are the triggers.

As for the next-gen controllers, until I get my hands on them I can't really form an honest opinion.

i don't understand how you can have an opinion at this point. Have all of you guys tried the new controllers?

If we are choosing between PS3 and Xbox360 controllers i would say the xbox because it was heavier and felt more solid. I also liked the thumb stick positioning better because i felt that the ps3 controller was too wide.

We've seen comparisons online, we've heard feedback from those who have used both, and we can assume how comfortable we'll be with them based upon the information we've got so far.

For example, I did not like the DualShock 3 controller as it was entirely too small, the triggers were terrible and the analog sticks were pretty poor. The DualShock 4 however looks perfect - it's quite a bit larger, has really good looking triggers and great looking analog sticks. Those who have had hands-on experience with it concur with this assessment, saying that it is undeniably a significant improvement upon its predecessor.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

We've seen comparisons online, we've heard feedback from those who have used both, and we can assume how comfortable we'll be with them based upon the information we've got so far.

For example, I did not like the DualShock 3 controller as it was entirely too small, the triggers were terrible and the analog sticks were pretty poor. The DualShock 4 however looks perfect - it's quite a bit larger, has really good looking triggers and great looking analog sticks. Those who have had hands-on experience with it concur with this assessment, saying that it is undeniably a significant improvement upon its predecessor.

Idk, I don't want to form an opinion without testing either of them. Doesn't the Xbox have new a vibration feedback system and the ps controller a touchpad in addition to better vibration? If either of those are implemented well then that would very much affect my opinion. And for the new designs, I really can't tell how its going to feel through pictures. As with the Xbox One and PS4 themselves, I cannot create an opinion without trying both controllers hands-on.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Idk, I don't want to form an opinion without testing either of them. Doesn't the Xbox have new a vibration feedback system and the ps controller a touchpad in addition to better vibration? If either of those are implemented well then that would very much affect my opinion. And for the new designs, I really can't tell how its going to feel through pictures. As with the Xbox One and PS4 themselves, I cannot create an opinion without trying both controllers hands-on.

Fair enough.

I've already formed my opinion though. I cannot wait to try the DualShock 4 controller. I just know it will fit me like a glove. :D

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

IMO i like both. i played a lot of PS1 and PS2 and i did not have any complaints about it. Then I skipped ps3 because i switched to PC gaming using Xbox 360 controller and it also felt good too.

So thumbs up for both  :P