Overclock with AMD Overdrive problem

Hmm. This is an interesting theory. Do you think I should use the vacuum cleaner in the socket and also in the cpu pins? (Carfully, of course). And behind of this hardware things do you know any other software thing that could cause this problem?

Hmm. This is an interesting theory. Do you think I should use the vacuum cleaner in the socket and also in the cpu pins? (Carfully, of course). And behind of this hardware things do you know any other software thing that could cause this problem?

Never vacuum computer components, it generates a lot of static and can cause hardware death. I would recommend canned air or If your super patient just taking a safety pin or needle and cleaning it out row by row. (I have resurrected more than one "Dead" board by doing that but it is time intensive.) you can also use the pin to clean cpu pins if their is thermal past on them. just have to be careful to bot push too hard.

The only other issues I can think of software wise would be if you migrated from an intel cpu and mobo to an AMD set without doing a clean install of windows (possible but it is always a bad idea) then there could be driver and registry errors.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

use Afterburner

no..

How to overclock FX:

Download Catalyst Control Centre

Open CPU Overdrive

Start automatic test of settings

Let it run till the PC hangs/crashes

RESTART PC!

ENTER BIOS

INPUT MULTIPLIER ONE STEP BELOW WHERE THE AUTOMATIC TEST CRASHED.

SAVE AND EXIT

MONITOR VOLTAGES WITH CPU-Z

MONITOR TEMPS WITH AMD OVERDRIVE

RECORD TEMPS

RECORD VOLTAGES

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

FORCE THE CPU TO RUN AT THE LOWEST RECORDED VOLTAGE

SAVE AND EXIT

RUN AIDA64/INTEL BURN TEST/PRIME95

MONITOR TEMPS USING AMD OVERDRIVE

IF NO CRASHES WITHIN 15 MINUTES, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

TRY LOWER VOLTAGE BY 0.0250V

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT:

LOG INTO WINDOWSRUN AIDA64/INTEL BURN TEST/PRIME95MONITOR TEMPS USING AMD OVERDRIVEIF NO CRASHES WITHIN 15 MINUTES, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO

TO STABILIZE FX CLOCKS

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

DISABLE COOL N QUIET

DISABLE C6

DISABLE TURBO

INCREASE LLC TO 130%

INCREASE NB VOLTAGE BY 0.0125V (YOU CAN INCREASE THIS VALUE BY A TOTAL OF 0.0500 BEFORE YOU RISK FRYING SOMETHING, DONT RUSH IT. THIS IS THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD INCREASE THE VOLTAGE OF)

DECREASE LAST USED MULTIPLIER BY 0.5

INCREASE CORE VOLTAGE BY 0.0125V UNTIL YOU REACH STABILITY

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT THIS PROCESS:

LOG INTO WINDOWSRUN AIDA64/INTEL BURN TEST/PRIME95MONITOR TEMPS USING AMD OVERDRIVEIF NO CRASHES WITHIN 15 MINUTES, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO

no..

How to overclock FX:

Open CPU Overdrive

RESTART PC!

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

RECORD TEMPS

RECORD VOLTAGES

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT:

TO STABILIZE FX CLOCKS

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

DISABLE COOL N QUIET

DISABLE C6

DISABLE TURBO

INCREASE LLC TO 130%

INCREASE NB VOLTAGE BY 0.0125V (YOU CAN INCREASE THIS VALUE BY A TOTAL OF 0.0500 BEFORE YOU RISK FRYING SOMETHING, DONT RUSH IT. THIS IS THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD INCREASE THE VOLTAGE OF)

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT THIS PROCESS:

Overdrive is and always has been a substandard way of overclocking. its bigest advantage is that it is easy (when it works)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Overdrive is and always has been a substandard way of overclocking. its bigest advantage is that it is easy (when it works)

its a nice pointer.

i use it as a quick and dirty way to find the "breaking point".

instead of having to manually test each frequency again and again... faster to use overdrive, find out where it tops out, then start working around those clocks.

no..

How to overclock FX:

Open CPU Overdrive

RESTART PC!

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

RECORD TEMPS

RECORD VOLTAGES

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT:

TO STABILIZE FX CLOCKS

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

DISABLE COOL N QUIET

DISABLE C6

DISABLE TURBO

INCREASE LLC TO 130%

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT THIS PROCESS:

I thought GPUs ._.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Yes, I still have throttle issue, never more than 60 degrees. I think the water cooling is doing his job well.

If you're hitting 60c then your watercooling ISN'T doing it's job well, my brother has a single tower air cooler on his 8350 and it never hits 40c...

You're being thermal throttled, the UD3 is notorious for thermal throttling on the VRM. Stick a fan over your VRM or upgrade the motherboard.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Here is how warm mine runs 

my chips is running cooler than yours by a lot while it is clocked a hell of a lot higher with a lot more voltage being thrown at it. I think there may be an issue with the mount, because the cooler you linked should be working good/great for that cpu.

Why, are you pumping 5ghz volts (aka 1.55v) into your CPU at 4.4ghz, you can lower that voltage to 1.38v...

no..

How to overclock FX:

Open CPU Overdrive

RESTART PC!

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

RECORD TEMPS

RECORD VOLTAGES

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT:

TO STABILIZE FX CLOCKS

RESTART PC

ENTER BIOS

DISABLE COOL N QUIET

DISABLE C6

DISABLE TURBO

INCREASE LLC TO 130%

SAVE AND EXIT

REPEAT THIS PROCESS:

Rubbish, I have all the energy saving stuff enabled and I'm fully stable. Also you should be using the AVX instruction set of IBT. 15 mins of Aida or prime is not enough to validate stability.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Why, are you pumping 5ghz volts (aka 1.55v) into your CPU at 4.4ghz, you can lower that voltage to 1.38v...

No I cant. If i go any lower than 1.44 it is unstable. (It is a really crap chip) it was at 1.55 in that pic because i changed my load line calibration and didn't adjust my voltage accordingly.

No I cant. If i go any lower than 1.44 it is unstable. (It is a really crap chip) it was at 1.55 in that pic because i changed my load line calibration and didn't adjust my voltage accordingly.

What are you using (cpu and mobo etc) and what clocks? 1.55v on a good cpu will net you 5ghz, 1.6v on a voltage pig like mine means 5ghz.  :ph34r:

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

What are you using (cpu and mobo etc) and what clocks? 1.55v on a good cpu will net you 5ghz, 1.6v on a voltage pig like mine means 5ghz.  :ph34r:

8350 & GA-970A-UD3 Rev1.0 (the 8+2 power phase version not the 4+2) This chip wont stay stable at 4.8 and 1.7V