Weird Tech Ideas

So I was on holiday and I went to visit these caverns, as I went underground I noticed how cold it was and I immediately thought to myself what an awesome place to run a power hungry server or an overclocked PC! Then I asked myself what sort of overclocks can you get if you run your PC on the north pole? ridiculous I know.

Do you have any weird/ridiculous tech thoughts/ideas that you would like to share?

Building a computer in a refrigerator.

0050f7fd565907c5f6290c508a863426.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That doesn't even make sense, yet it's so deep and spoke a lot to me.

You deserve worldwide appraisal

Shouldn't "condensation" be "condensate"?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

As already said, the climate in such caverns are waaaaay too moist to reliably run a PC down there.

Yeah, I agree it its very moist and just completely ridiculous.

why not build a PC?

IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Bad airflow. :P

Bad airflow. :P

you don't need airflow, when you have zero gravity fluid moving itself in your system, you just need to push it once, and it goes forever :o

I was thinking about putting a computer in a fish tank with nano coating technology.

you don't need airflow, when you have zero gravity fluid moving itself in your system, you just need to push it once, and it goes forever :o

Then why not run all servers in space? No need for cooling xD

And what run an extension cord from the ground?

solar panels :3

solar panels :3

10sq miles of solar panels for 1 small server?

10sq miles of solar panels for 1 small server?

Yup!

exactly, why haven't we thought of this before

I CLAIM ALL COPYRIGHTS MWHAHAHAHAHA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I said it D:

Instead of darknet and having every family member buy hardware, we'll build a flock of Air-Balloon computers, that can self-sustain their altitude via the sun or other means, and mesh network. If we can get enough of them up there, we could build our own communal internet, and the balloons in international airspace wouldn't be able to be shot down without starting a war. What's more is that if we could further develop or see actual Gigabit performance on Wireless AC with multiple clients, family members would only need one central hub that does the sending/receiving to/from the Air-Balloons, and then each member would simply buy a Thin Client because all the computing would be handled high in the sky.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I said it D:

YOU HAVE NO PROOF, *hacks server to delete your comment*

A physical internet D:

Every website is a place. that you can visit with your browser car.

why not build a PC?

IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

That won't work... Heat needs something to tansfer through, a vacume would just act as an insulator.

So I was on holiday and I went to visit these caverns, as I went underground I noticed how cold it was and I immediately thought to myself what an awesome place to run a power hungry server or an overclocked PC! Then I asked myself what sort of overclocks can you get if you run your PC on the north pole? ridiculous I know.

Do you have any weird/ridiculous tech thoughts/ideas that you would like to share?

or use liquid nitrogen

or phase change cooling

or dry ice

would be colder than the north pole...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020