Is the intel i5 4670k good?

Is it good for video editing and or live streaming on? Also is it good for gaming? 

DON'T BE THAT GUY AND RECOMMENDS AN I7

its good, yeah

a xeon 1231v3 would be better for streaming+rendering though, and cost the same

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

get an i7 or xeon for streaming / rendering.

(no, i don't care what your post says - i7 of the same generation or newer will be better for the use.)

I`m going to be that dude, because i7 is for the stuff you want, so why the hell not?

to game or not to game, that`s the question

if you already have it, should be perfectly fine.

if you still need to buy something:

- if you *want* your overclockable i5, get a 4690k instead.

- if you *want* an i5, but ocing isnt gonna be a thing, the 4460 will be cheaper

- if you want something around the price of what you said, the xeon 1231v3 is a very good pick

Is it good for video editing and or live streaming on? Also is it good for gaming? 

A Xeon 1231v3 would be cheaper than the i7 4790K, but the i7 can overclock.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Just get the cheapest available Skylake i5 (an i5 6400). You can overclock ANY Skylake CPU (yes, even the non-k models) through base-clock overclocking if you have a Z170 motherboard or any board from Super Micro. You'll save a hundred bucks and you'll get the performance of an overclocked i5 6600k.

Or you can spend as much as you would on the 4690k to get the cheapest Skylake i7 and overclock that to get the best performance you can get on a non x99 motherboard (comparable to an overclocked i7 6700k).

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Going to be that guy. Wanna know why? Because it's a much better option than the I5 for what you want to do. Don't like it? Congrats, welcome to the forum. 

I think everyone is disregarding your rule. Sorry not sorry.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock