Scammed

Pony080905

I was just scammed in csgo, do you guys have any being scammed stories

I was pretty stupid, I was trying to trade a knife on csgo lounge and the guy left a offer for a 100$ steam card for my knife, he had a pretty convincing steam profile, we started talking and we agreed to trade, he showed half the code I gave him the knife he gave the full code and it was already used. I did start a steam support ticket but they probably won't do shit

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

#StatusUpdateGate

You know, because this is a status update quality post.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i got scammed, its sucks deal with it and make it a lesson.

I sort of got scammed when I was younger and an idiot. It was back in the day when I played on a ps3. I found a hacker in a CoD modern warfare 2 lobby that promised he would give me max lvl and max prestige with all items if I gave him $20 playstation network credit. The idiot that I was, agreed. I sent him the code for a $20 gift card and the guy immediately signed out. He deleted and blocked me. I reported him many times, but nothing came of it.

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I was pretty stupid, I was trying to trade a knife on csgo lounge and the guy left a offer for a 100$ steam card for my knife, he had a pretty convincing steam profile, we started talking and we agreed to trade, he showed half the code I gave him the knife he gave the full code and it was already used. I did start a steam support ticket but they probably won't do shit

“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

a 250e knife.

a 250e knife.

a 250e knife.

a 250e knife.

a 250e knife.

not trying to tell you how to spend your money or anything but

Why.

real money for a knife made out of pixels?

Wat

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Am I the only person on this site that really does not get the point of CSGO knives?

Everyone seems to be paying stupid money for these things.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

real money for a knife made out of pixels?

Wat

But but .. ITS A KNIFE

Like, it's a KNIFE, but a 250 EUROS KNIFE

IT KNIFES PEOPLES

BUT NOR REAL PEOPELS

But but .. ITS A KNIFE

Like, it's a KNIFE, but a 250 EUROS KNIFE

IT KNIFES PEOPLES

BUT NOR REAL PEOPELS

Oh but I've seen knives being sold for 5k dollars. Some stickers alone cost 1800.

Its real enough if you use it lol

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

250e is a lot to spend on a high quality hand-made real knife. WTF are people spending real money on CSGO knives and weapons when the only difference is the camo on them?

When in doubt, re-format.

250e is a lot to spend on a high quality hand-made real knife. WTF are people spending real money on CSGO knives and weapons when the only difference is the camo on them?

Gotta look dope af yo

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Once for a 4euro skin, 2 months later I unboxed a 250e knife.

5/7 would get scammed again if I got another knife

I lost 70$

Oh but I've seen knives being sold for 5k dollars. Some stickers alone cost 1800.

Its real enough if you use it lol

Do you realize how stupid it is

It is so stupid that when you think of it enough, the minds behind this are brilliant

People are buying something that does not exist, for real money. Holy shit this is brilliant.

At Costco you can get 4 or 5 set of knives for a lot less and they're in HD

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Do you realize how stupid it is

It is so stupid that when you think of it enough, the minds behind this are brilliant

People are buying something that does not exist, for real money. Holy shit this is brilliant.

Oh I know but that doesn't stop me from being able to profit from it, I regularly buy stupid expensive skins and sell them for more.

Its really cool imo to have a cool/expensive skin for a few games and see the reaction of other people but in the end I'm greedy af so I sell for money

Same thing happened to me once, I'm only doing trade offers from now one and using this one Chrome plugin that shows prices of items.

At least you learned a lesson. How does half a steam code amount to any evidence? It can be easily generated randomly or somebody can just tell you a BS code. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

When I was new to tf2 and no idea what things were worth I got one of these from random drop and somebody said they'd give me three weapons for it and told me it was a really good deal. For reference its priced at 2 ref which is equivalent to about 36 weps. Dang traders man.

fwk_heavy_lumber_large.c569ed62666b8be79

I've never been scammed because I don't lack common sense and can usually tell when something smells fishy.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8