Question:

Is it true that amd's Zen Architecture is going to launch this year 2016? Is it advisable to purchase a brand new fm2+ platform cpu and motherboard? or should I wait out for the new AM4 platform? 

I'm planning to build an APU low end gaming PC for Dota2 and LoL. I'm uneasy that there might be no future upgrades coming on the fm2+ platform.

Hope you guys could help thanks :)

obsolescence by FM3/AM4

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

dead socket

i would wait till zen  the am2+ was relesed back in 2012 if my memory is correct it has long since died 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I does not have one

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

well it will be replaced, but its last cpu was releast last year, so its not dead and gone, just soon to be replaced...

hahaha thanks guys :)

But is the Zen going to as affordable as the fm2+/am3+? I've read they'll be using 14nm technology, same as the skylake ones.

If the zen pricing is going like intel's, and not budget oriented like their previous platform, I might not go with it.. hehwhe