Nikon reveals its own VR-ready action camera

Agent181

Source:Nikon | Endgadet 

nikon-keymission-360-pr.jpg

360-Degree KeyMission Camera 

The Nikon KeyMission 360 features an image sensor and lens on opposite sides of the device, with images from each combining to create a single immersive, ultra-high-definition 360-degree video and still image. A terrific companion for a wide range of travel, sports or when an adventure takes a turn off the beaten path, the camera is designed be easy to use and withstand the elements. Waterproof (approx. 100 ft./30m), and ready to stand up to dust, shock and low temperatures, the KeyMission 360 also features electronic Vibration Reduction (VR), enabled through applications during playback, that reduces the effects of camera shake to help produce sharp and crisp video quality.

More Images 

keymission360-right-1.jpg

keymission360-top-1.jpg

keymission360-front-left-1.jpg

keymission360-front-right-2-1.jpg

Get ready to see a lot more camera ready for VR, one problem that I see is that there is no VR standard yet so trying to figure out what is perfect for the best VR experience will take a while especially with the amount of VR headsets and companies trying to join that market.

So its like a gopro, that can shoot 360 video? sweet, cant imagine the storage needed for that.

I saw VR-ready and assumed it meant a Virtual Reality Camera...

Was disappointed. 

Nice camera none-the-less.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii