looking for 34" 3440x1440 IPS G-Sync curved monitor without QA problems

Ginka

Nobody makes IPS panels immune from backlight bleed/glow. When it comes to that there is 0 quality control across the board.

Metro, is going to burn you at the stake for condemning Asus like that. ;-)

It's ok if he's pro-ASUS. If ASUS fixes their horrible QC issues on these damned panels I will be all for recommending their panels, but when it seems that Acer offers the superior product, why would I go for ASUS if I have double the chance of getting boned by their pathetic QC?

When they fix it, I will recommend them. Until that time, I will stand by the 271HU recommendation(or in this case X34) unless you want to tempt lower panel lottery chances with the ASUS. (If you DO want to tempt it though, then best of luck, I certainly hope you get one with minimal issues)

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

I'll wait for the asus's one to be released and compare

But i guess that I'll go for ACER anyway^^
The asus design is not my taste :) In that matter Acer is a bit less bad ^^

Will be a panel lottery for both, but as history has shown, ASUS doesn't tend to do much in regards to changing their QC, so Acer would be your best bet either now or waiting for better QC from them in the future. That said, if you have the money, is there somewhere local it can be purchased perhaps? Somewhere with a good return policy for either the Acer or the ASUS.

ACER has better QC, what are you on about, ACER are on of the worst monitor companies. You seen how bad the XH 1440p monitor was, it had so many returns. You know how many issues the ACER Predator X34 has, about 6 issues. It has had 2 recalls.

The ASUS PG279Q has a large amount of backlight bleed and IPS glow due to AU Optronics (ACER) awful QC on the panels.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

ACER has better QC, what are you on about, ACER are on of the worst monitor companies. You seen how bad the XH 1440p monitor was, it had so many returns. You know how many issues the ACER Predator X34 has, about 6 issues. It has had 2 recalls.

The ASUS PG279Q has a large amount of backlight bleed and IPS glow due to AU Optronics (ACER) awful QC on the panels.

Yes, far better QC than ASUS can offer(bringing up the XB270 that I already mentioned that Acer fixed? The 278Q did worse and still gets returns, the 279Q is in that same hot water, ASUS looks weak right now in the Gsync/144(165)/1440p segment), simply fact. I already explained initial release alongside Acer fixing their issues and the 271HU showing far superior QC than the 279Q, you may be an ASUS fanboy that relies on twisting truth, but when people can look it up for themselves you just look silly. Why do you keep relating AU Optronics to Acer? This isn't 2001, you can chill with the conspiracy theories. I'm sorry your favorite brand can't fix their products but Acer can.

Why is it so hard to see that Acer went from budget crap to ruling the nest currently. Like I said though, I prefer ASUS design, and HOPEFULLY they fix the horrible qc issues that their 279Q has to put it more on par with the 271HU.

As for X34, yes, it's well known to have issues, back to playing that wonderful panel lottery. Even though Acer may be doing better than ASUS, does not make them immune to bad panels for either monitor, you will be playing a panel lottery with Acer as well, no matter the panel you choose to go with.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Yes, far better QC than ASUS can offer(bringing up the XB270 that I already mentioned that Acer fixed? The 278Q did worse and still gets returns, the 279Q is in that same hot water, ASUS looks weak right now in the Gsync/144(165)/1440p segment), simply fact. I already explained initial release alongside Acer fixing their issues and the 271HU showing far superior QC than the 279Q, you may be an ASUS fanboy that relies on twisting truth, but when people can look it up for themselves you just look silly. Why do you keep relating AU Optronics to Acer? This isn't 2001, you can chill with the conspiracy theories. I'm sorry your favorite brand can't fix their products but Acer can.

Why is it so hard to see that Acer went from budget crap to ruling the nest currently. Like I said though, I prefer ASUS design, and HOPEFULLY they fix the horrible qc issues that their 279Q has to put it more on par with the 271HU.

As for X34, yes, it's well known to have issues, back to playing that wonderful panel lottery. Even though Acer may be doing better than ASUS, does not make them immune to bad panels for either monitor, you will be playing a panel lottery with Acer as well, no matter the panel you choose to go with.

We do not know if the ACER Predator X34 issues are down to the panel, as ACER managed to fix two of the issues, so that just shows you how bad ACER QC is, also the 271HU has more "cherry picked" panels in it, as AU Optronics (ACER) made them, therefore why would they give the best panels to ASUS. AU Optronics is ACER, you might want to look it up, the 270HU has not been fixed, might want to look on Overclock.net, many people are reporting that they still have problems.

ACER ruling the nest, is that a joke?

If anyone it would be LG, Dell or Samsung. ACER is at the bottom, due to all the QC problems.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

The 270HU was already confirmed better qc over on overclock.net with the initial summer revision batches, many people have already gone over this with you on the forums(does not mean there will be no bad panels, as Ive already said twice now, still a lottery, you just have a higher chance of winning it with Acer). If they were "cherry picking" panels, the 270HU would have been a far smoother launch, so I'm not so sure about that theory.

Show me an LG that competes with the 271HU or 279Q. GSync/ULMB + 165Hz + IPS + 1440p, Im only aware of ASUS and Acer's offerings, in which Acer is doing better between the 2, thus the ruling the nest comment, figured that would have been self explanatory. But since I may be out of the loop on others, if you don't mind linking Dell, Samsung, or LG with the same features.

If Dell offered an UltraSharp panel with similar features for $100 more, I'd go Dell, but sadly that's not the case.

Can I ask, why are we only comparing the 270HU/271HU, when they both have bad QC. All AU Optronics panels have terrible QC on them. Dell has made the 1440p TN 144hz Gsync monitor.

It seems the ASUS PG348Q might do 100hz out of the box now, according to PCper, even if it does not, it should be much better than the ACER Predator X34 (due to all the issues with ACER QC)

Just seems to have been targeted, no worries. And yes, the 348Q will do the same 100Hz with Gsync as was shown 3 months ago as the X34.

Was there a confirmed release date from CES on ASUS's take on the LG panel? Last I saw it was "early 2016". Hopefully their release qc doesn't end up like the X34 release qc.

It seems that it might be different from the ACER Predator X34, as the ASUS version might do 100hz out of the box and not the "up to" 100hz on the ACER Predator X34, where many people did not get 100hz on it.