looking for 34" 3440x1440 IPS G-Sync curved monitor without QA problems

Ginka

Hey guys :)

I am currently building my new rig. I already received most of my stuff but I am still wondering what to buy concerning the monitor.
I'll be running a 980ti.
As the title says, I am looking for a 34" 3440x1440 IPS G-Sync curved monitor without QA problems and if possible, without a gamer look.
I found the Acer predator X34, but the panel lottery is not my thing.

The Asus PG348Q is very interesting but again, comparing with the recent rog monitors release, I am afraid that the QA will be horrible again.
Also, I really, really, really hate that gamer aesthetic trend. I want something more minimalist-modern.
so here you are to save my day again ^^

I am counting on you guys ^^

currently i read this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/223163-aoc-u3477pqu-review-big-pictures/ ;)

minimalist as you wanted but without gsync

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

you may need a 2nd 980 ti to run that really well D: but even then its always a lottery no matter what for these monitors

You think a 2nd 980ti would be needed ?

If yes I may step down to a 27' monitor Oo

its almost a 4k monitor, you could get away with a single 980 ti with medium settings and such, but a 2nd may be better off for you :D But that all depends on what games you play and such and what you are doing

its almost a 4k monitor, you could get away with a single 980 ti with medium settings and such, but a 2nd may be better off for you :D

Well, **** me ^^

I hoped that the Ti would be powerful enough to run games in ultra on it flawlessly ^^

Anyway, I'll be checking tomorrow this topic ^^

I'm counting on you guys !

Well, **** me ^^

I hoped that the Ti would be powerful enough to run games in ultra on it flawlessly ^^

well for my games im running the 27 inch acer 1440p ips 144 hz monitor, with a 980ti and a 5930k. I limit my framecap to 144 hz and i havent noticed much hamperment. World of warcraft on everything ultra dips down to 20-35 fps in town, but gets around 80-110 in dungeons and raids (Though Dragon soul dips down to 30-45 due to how large it is) 

Creativerse gets 60-122 (mostly 90-122) 

Rocket league is capped a 65 fps by default settings 

CS:go is 144 fps

Ark is 30-80 fps

stuff like that you have to take into concideration

its almost a 4k monitor, you could get away with a single 980 ti with medium settings and such, but a 2nd may be better off for you :D But that all depends on what games you play and such and what you are doing

This isn't true at all.

A 3440X1440 display has 4,953,600 pixels, while a 4k display has 8,294,400.

Well, **** me ^^

A 980Ti will be enough for 3440X1440 OP.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Hey guys :)

I am currently building my new rig. I already received most of my stuff but I am still wondering what to buy concerning the monitor.

I'll be running a 980ti.

As the title says, I am looking for a 34" 3440x1440 IPS G-Sync curved monitor without QA problems and if possible, without a gamer look.

I found the Acer predator X34, but the panel lottery is not my thing.

The Asus PG348Q is very interesting but again, comparing with the recent rog monitors release, I am afraid that the QA will be horrible again.

Also, I really, really, really hate that gamer aesthetic trend. I want something more minimalist-modern.

so here you are to save my day again ^^

I am counting on you guys ^^

You will get about 70 FPS in Battlefront Ultra with one GTX 980ti, you will get about 35-40 FPS in the Witcher 3 Ultra Hairworks with one GTX 980ti. If you wanted SLI you will get 120 FPS in Battlefront Ultra and 60-70 FPS in the Witcher 3 Ultra Hairworks

So you will not really benefit from a 100hz panel, if you play the latest games.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Unless something gets announced at CES those two monitors are the only two options that fit the GSync 21:9 category. Either you don't want one bad enough or you get one of those.

Unless something gets announced at CES those two monitors are the only two options that fit the GSync 21:9 category. Either you don't want one bad enough or you get one of those.

I'll wait for CES and hope of the release of good stuff soon.

If nothing good comes out CES I'll take one of those two then ^^.

You will get about 70 FPS in Battlefront Ultra with one GTX 980ti, you will get about 35-40 FPS in the Witcher 3 Ultra Hairworks with one GTX 980ti. If you wanted SLI you will get 120 FPS in Battlefront Ultra and 60-70 FPS in the Witcher 3 Ultra Hairworks

So you will not really benefit from a 100hz panel, if you play the latest games.

I don't wanna go sli^^

I play new games as well as older one, shogun 2 etc...

I'll change my gpu in 2-3 years so it should be alright now :), even if I don't play in ultra ^^

This isn't true at all.

A 3440X1440 display has 4,953,600 pixels, while a 4k display has 8,294,400.

Thx :) You helped me make my choice :)

To everyone :

Any preferences between the acer predator and the asus PG348Q ?

Update : I just wandered online to pick up info concerning the Acer predator x34, and find out that it has much more problems than I expected. To the point that acer had to call back the monitors.

The X34 and the PG348Q will be using the same panel right ? does it mean that they will get the same problems ? Or I can hope a revised version from asus ?

The ASUS PG348Q has had more production time, so I expect many of the problems will be sorted. If you are still not sure, wait for user reviews.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

The ASUS PG348Q has had more production time, so I expect many of the problems will be sorted. If you are still not sure, wait for user reviews.

I'll wait for both of them to have reviews and then make my choice ^^

thx everyone :)

Will be a panel lottery for both, but as history has shown, ASUS doesn't tend to do much in regards to changing their QC, so Acer would be your best bet either now or waiting for better QC from them in the future. That said, if you have the money, is there somewhere local it can be purchased perhaps? Somewhere with a good return policy for either the Acer or the ASUS.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Will be a panel lottery for both, but as history has shown, ASUS doesn't tend to do much in regards to changing their QC, so Acer would be your best bet either now or waiting for better QC from them in the future. That said, if you have the money, is there somewhere local it can be purchased perhaps? Somewhere with a good return policy for either the Acer or the ASUS.

I'll try to find a local shop, but I don't have a lot of hope for that ^^.

Yes, if you want to run at the constant 100+fps, an SLI setup will be recommended...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

Not entirely if you are planning taking optimal advantage of the 100Hz refresh rate...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

Yes, if you want to run at the constant 100+fps, an SLI setup will be recommended...

No, I don't plan to run 100+ fps all the time ^^

Not entirely if you are planning taking optimal advantage of the 100Hz refresh rate...

Not either ^^

I just want a big screen with g-sync ^^

Metro, is going to burn you at the stake for condemning Asus like that. ;-)

you may need a 2nd 980 ti to run that really well D: but even then its always a lottery no matter what for these monitors

Not at all...

well for my games im running the 27 inch acer 1440p ips 144 hz monitor, with a 980ti and a 5930k. I limit my framecap to 144 hz and i havent noticed much hamperment. World of warcraft on everything ultra dips down to 20-35 fps in town, but gets around 80-110 in dungeons and raids (Though Dragon soul dips down to 30-45 due to how large it is) 

Creativerse gets 60-122 (mostly 90-122) 

Rocket league is capped a 65 fps by default settings 

CS:go is 144 fps

Ark is 30-80 fps

stuff like that you have to take into concideration

Those frames are great, and Ark is not optimized well at all.

Metro, is going to burn you at the stake for condemning Asus like that. ;-)

I have to agree with sobe though ^^ All the screens I ever wanted from asus were wasted by Q&A problems ^^

I have to agree with sobe though ^^ All the screens I ever wanted from asus were wasted by Q&A problems ^^

I'm certainly not disagreeing with them. I tend to avoid Asus products due to their lack of quality control, and abysmal RMA process.