Motherboard Install - The standoffs aren't all lining up perfectly

DKL

The standoffs and my motherboard aren't lining up perfectly in my case, although it appears to be flush against the IO Panel. 

This is my very first build and I'm not sure what to do or even how to tell which ones ARE actually lined up properly(Not THAT much light in my room). 

The parts being used:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JTYzQ7

Is my motherboard warped(it APPEARS straight to me but I also failed Geometry back in High School so...) or is this a common thing with mATX Mobo in ATX chases?

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

You typically have to push the board into the IO shield...sometimes fairly hard...to get things to line up.  Make sure none of the "springs" on the IO ports (USB etc) are getting bent up though.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

You typically have to push the board into the IO shield...sometimes fairly hard...to get things to line up.  Make sure none of the "springs" on the IO ports (USB etc) are getting bent up though.

^

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

You typically have to push the board into the IO shield...sometimes fairly hard...to get things to line up.

When I do push I hear the metal of the IO shield making sounds so I'm afraid of breaking it D:

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

The standoffs and my motherboard aren't lining up perfectly in my case, although it appears to be flush against the IO Panel. 

This is my very first build and I'm not sure what to do or even how to tell which ones ARE actually lined up properly(Not THAT much light in my room). 

The parts being used:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JTYzQ7

Is my motherboard warped(it APPEARS straight to me but I also failed Geometry back in High School so...) or is this a common thing with mATX Mobo in ATX chases?

Simply take your time and give it a good push. Everyone was at that point when you think your motherboard is broken because it doesn't fit ;)

Motherboards aren't that fragile, so it won't brake.

When I do push I hear the metal of the IO shield making sounds so I'm afraid of breaking it D:

Peek your head around to the back of the case and look at the IO shield from that side while you're doing this.  You'll notice quickly if something is wrong.  Are you sure you have the IO shield fully inserted into the case?  Those things sometimes take a shitload of pressure to get popped in place. (EDIT: pressure at the corners...never put pressure on the center).

The noise you hear might be the metal springs around the IO ports getting caught or maybe the IO shield is just flimsy and flexing.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

It never lines up with the standoffs unless you're magical. You have to push it in until it lines up than screw it in. Motherboards are stronger than you would think.

Peek your head around to the back of the case and look at the IO shield from that side while you're doing this.  You'll notice quickly if something is wrong.  Are you sure you have the IO shield fully inserted into the case?  Those things sometimes take a shitload of pressure to get popped in place. (EDIT: pressure at the corners...never put pressure on the center).

The noise you hear might be the metal springs around the IO ports getting caught or maybe the IO shield is just flimsy and flexing.

Okay, I noticed that the display port keeps getting caught on one of the metal springs. Tried reinstalling a couple times and no dice, same problem.  

>.<

I thought this was gonna be easy lol.

Push on each corner of the IO to make sure you don't have one corner popped out. Then have someone hold the case as you hold the motherboard by the edge (not holding it by the ram or heatsink or 24pin connector, don't hold it by anything you could damage or break off) only holding by the edge of the motherboard and apply gentle force. Its not uncommon to have to push one over 2-3mm.

Wait for a second set of hands if you are attempting it by yourself and can't make any headway. 

+1

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

Push on each corner of the IO to make sure you don't have one corner popped out. Then have someone hold the case as you hold the motherboard by the edge (not holding it by the ram or heatsink or 24pin connector, don't hold it by anything you could damage or break off) only holding by the edge of the motherboard and apply gentle force. Its not uncommon to have to push one over 2-3mm.

Wait for a second set of hands if you are attempting it by yourself and can't make any headway. 

Okay. Time to call my older brother then. He's usually good at fidgeting things into place. =/

Any chance someone can tell me this is the hardest part of a build? :D

Okay. Time to call my older brother then. He's usually good at fidgeting things into place. =/

Any chance someone can tell me this is the hardest part of a build? :D

Ha? This? Hardest? Hahaha!! My computer was broke for a month and I tried everything but I fixed it by taking out the button cell, than putting it back in. Computers are weird man.