Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Ok, so can someone explain what the deal with these is?

They are ugly as fuck, yet I see people on Geekhack raving about their rare ones, cos someone made like one and sold it to them?

On another note all together, I've gotten rid of my K70 (ages ago in fact) and gotten a Ducky Black Mamba (German layout, since it's the same as Swedish/Finnish except for a few keys) that I've added some Ducky "stealth" caps to (only the lettering, just to fix the German layout to Finnish one). This is a rather nice 10-keyless keyboard with engraved caps (except for the ones I switched) and brown switches. Has blue LEDs on caps lock, num lock and optionally on the WASD keys, but it's a bit of a waste since the caps are not transparent, so it's just a halo on them.

Here is a picture of what it looks like (shamelessly stolen from a Google search):

dscf1629.jpg

I've also gotten a Ducky Mini. However that one is the old black model with white LEDs and black switches.

I'm still debating if I should get a Ducky Legend, black with browns or Shine 4 with clears. And I also have my eyes on the YotH with whites. However, I'm going to switch my table shortly and need to get me a monitor arm, so those will have to wait a while still.

I actually adore these keycaps, and have you tried clears? I've been on the fence about blacks or clears on a wasd v2/ code

Just got my Corsiar K70 W/MX Browns in and wow! What a difference! It takes a little getting used to as the height of each key is taller than a normal keyboard, but it feels so good! I love just pressing the keys!

Sometimes i troll...

3D Mark Fire Strike Score: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3854240 +215mhz Core Clock +440mhz Memory Clock @4.6ghz 1.325v

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/b1aze/saved/qQFxFT

I've been offered as well, but I dont think it's good for use/typing

it's more of a collection or showcase in the shop

but man it's one heck of a keyboard, so colorful

It does kind of look interesting, but I'm pretty positive I wouldn't like typing on a board with different switch types. 

Yeah, I'm going for limited edition keyboards, the fact that it's so colorful is a plus to me. ;)  I actually don't mind such keyboards, my DS2 78Version is a good example of a board that takes a little getting used to.  I guess I might have to make the time after the Lunar New Year to git my lazy butt all the way to the shop to get it.  :o  I may even delay it till after the 4th of March when I get back as I'll be headed to China later this month.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Yeah, I'm going for limited edition keyboards, the fact that it's so colorful is a plus to me. ;)  I actually don't mind such keyboards, my DS2 78Version is a good example of a board that takes a little getting used to.  I guess I might have to make the time after the Lunar New Year to git my lazy butt all the way to the shop to get it.  :o  I may even delay it till after the 4th of March when I get back as I'll be headed to China later this month.....

I so want to get the Ducky 69 Edition just for collecting reasons. But I already have three Duckies... Thinking of selling off the Shine II that I have for ~50 dollars or so.

But I already have three Duckies... Thinking of selling off the Shine II that I have for ~50 dollars or so.

Is it TKL?

I joined the mechanical keyboard club right after the Shine II went out of production.

The Shine II TKL is by far one of my favourite keyboards.  :wub:

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Is it TKL?

I joined the mechanical keyboard club right after the Shine II went out of production.

The Shine II TKL is by far one of my favourite keyboards. :wub:

Full size only. Comes with two kinds of dual-LED's and nine, yes you heard that right, NINE different switches.

http://i.imgur.com/z0ieV5b.jpg

Full size only. Comes with two kinds of dual-LED's and nine, yes you heard that right, NINE different switches.

http://i.imgur.com/z0ieV5b.jpg

Ahh sorry, I guess I should have left out some of my quote.

My question was regarding your Shine II  :)

Ahh sorry, I guess I should have left out some of my quote.

My question was regarding your Shine II :)

Oh, yeah. It's a full sized one as well. Blues with Red LED. It's nice, but I prefer the compactness of my Mini's.

So my DayDream LED covers arrived from china, not quite RGB but they work. http://www.banggood.com/DayDream-LED-Cover-for-108-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-Backlit-p-925837.html

I'm thinking of sanding them down to let the light seep through a little more. Looks fine in photos but it's actually very subtle irl.

IMG_0563.jpg

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

So my DayDream LED covers arrived from china, not quite RGB but they work. http://www.banggood.com/DayDream-LED-Cover-for-108-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-Backlit-p-925837.html

I'm thinking of sanding them down to let the light seep through a little more. Looks fine in photos but it's actually very subtle irl.

IMG_0563.jpg

That actually looks really nice! What board is that btw?

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

That actually looks really nice! What board is that btw?

It's a cm storm quickfire rapid i

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Oh, yeah. It's a full sized one as well. Blues with Red LED. It's nice, but I prefer the compactness of my Mini's.

Ah that's a shame, I would have taken it off of your hands in a heartbeat if it was TKL.

Don't get me wrong, I love compact keyboards. I think it's well over a year since I've touched a full size keyboard.

I used to use to Ducky Mini V1 as my daily driver and just made the switch to my YoTH, my laptop is a 60% as well  :D

Ah that's a shame, I would have taken it off of your hands in a heartbeat if it was TKL.

Don't get me wrong, I love compact keyboards. I think it's well over a year since I've touched a full size keyboard.

I used to use to Ducky Mini V1 as my daily driver and just made the switch to my YoTH, my laptop is a 60% as well  :D

I hear ya. Full size is just way too big for me right now. I looked hard at a YYY TKL earlier, but it went out of stock before I were able to grab one. My current daily driver is the Mini V1 just like you. Though, I have the pink/magenta LED's instead of the white (White ones look super nice as well).

My current daily driver is the Mini V1 just like you. Though, I have the pink/magenta LED's instead of the white (White ones look super nice as well).

When I was getting my Mini V1 1.5 years ago, I was arguing with myself wether I should get the magenta or white LEDs. I ended up with the white LEDs because it matched my Sensei RAW mouse.

On the other side, the YoTH have the magenta colour as well, so it's all good  :D

When I was getting my Mini V1 1.5 years ago, I was arguing with myself wether I should get the magenta or white LEDs. I ended up with the white LEDs because it matched my Sensei RAW mouse.

On the other side, the YoTH have the magenta colour as well, so it's all good  :D

How much did the Mini V1 cost back then?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

How much did the Mini V1 cost back then?

I paid 1,200 SEK for mine.

I paid 1,200 SEK for mine.

How much do the current Ducky Minis cost in your area?

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

How much do the current Ducky Minis cost in your area?

Current Mini is 1.200

Legend is 1,300

And shine 4 is 1,450

Prices in SEK. (Swedish kronor)

I paid €129 for my V1 which is the same as the current Ducky Mini costs in our area (Scandinavia).

Current Mini is 1.200

Legend is 1,300

And shine 4 is 1,450

Prices in SEK. (Swedish kronor)

Buying a Ducky is seriously much cheaper in Taiwan xD

Curently using a Maxkeyboard Nighthawk X8 !

Also, I'm in the process of building a 75% keyboard. Curently laying out the pcb :) Still unsure of the switches yet. Either going to go with MX Blues, clears or white :P waiting on massdrop to drop the maxkeyboard sampler kit

F5Zhp1K.png

Curently using a Maxkeyboard Nighthawk X8 !

Also, I'm in the process of building a 75% keyboard. Curently laying out the pcb :) Still unsure of the switches yet. Either going to go with MX Blues, clears or white :P waiting on massdrop to drop the maxkeyboard sampler kit

F5Zhp1K.png

nice. Have you seen swill's plate building tool that is being worked on over at geekhack? It seems like something you may be interested in.

nice. Have you seen swill's plate building tool that is being worked on over at geekhack? It seems like something you may be interested in.

Oh wow thanks a bunch !!!! I was getting kinda discouraged with having to make the whole plate in Autocad too. The PCB itself is very time consuming xD I wanted to make it in Altium originally but with the lack of online community support (seems Kicad is the norm), I figured I'd be better off with Kicad. However, I hate the software in a very profound way

Oh wow thanks a bunch !!!! I was getting kinda discouraged with having to make the whole plate in Autocad too. The PCB itself is very time consuming xD I wanted to make it in Altium originally but with the lack of online community support (seems Kicad is the norm), I figured I'd be better off with Kicad. However, I hate the software in a very profound way

If his tool doesn't work out there are also a few people that like to make draw up plates for people on geekhack as well