Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I've added a Ducky Mini Year of the Horse Edition with Cherry MX browns to my collection:

002_zpsaju0ctvg.jpg

006_zpsg1qm7tuw.jpg

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I've added a Ducky Mini Year of the Horse Edition with Cherry MX browns to my collection:

What's your number? I think you are the third one here to get one.

Das Keyboard 4 Professional with browns. I bought it mostly for the looks and the no-nonsense, just good build quality attitude of the company. Browns are awesome for the compromise between noisiness and tactile feedback but if I were to buy another keyboard I'd definitely want to try out blues. After spending about $175 AUD on this thing I don't think I'm getting another keyboard for a while though.

What's your number? I think you are the third one here to get one.

0914/2014

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I need help finding the right mechanical keyboard. I want the corsair k95 with blue switches but they discontinued them. so Now I'm looking for a clean cherry mx blue keyboard with white back lighting and dedicated media keys. I would prefer if there was one with G keys in the same layout as the k95.

I need help finding the right mechanical keyboard. I want the corsair k95 with blue switches but they discontinued them. so Now I'm looking for a clean cherry mx blue keyboard with white back lighting and dedicated media keys. I would prefer if there was one with G keys in the same layout as the k95.

You may like this. It's identical to the g710+, but has blue switches instead of brown. It doesn't have as many G keys as the k95, but it has enough for most people.

You may like this. It's identical to the g710+, but has blue switches instead of brown. It doesn't have as many G keys as the k95, but it has enough for most people.

mmm nice :3

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

1020/2014 here :)

I got 2012/2014 :D although I really want to know where is 2013/2014 ><

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Hello all,

Thought i should get in early and create a central hub for all us Keyboard enthusiasts to congregate.

For those who don't know what a mechanical keyboard is, here is a quick, very brief outline.

On a regular rubber dome keyboard, ones you generally find in Schools, work places etc, under each key is rubber dome. When pressed, this rubber dome is pressed down, making contact with the underlying membrane, transferring the electrical impulse through the circuitry and thus telling the computer what button has been pressed.

A mechanical keyboard, on the otherhand, doesn't have such a set up. Instead, underneath each key is an individual switch. When pressed, this switch is forced down, connecting the contact and transferring electrical impulse. The advantages of using a mechanical switch are quite strong, firstly it provides a much more tactile and wholesome feedback, good for telling the user when they have actuated the key. This allows the user, when they have got used to it, to type at a much faster rate as they know the feeling of when they have typed a letter, and thus can increase their word count. Also, mechanical keyboards allow for NKRO, or N-key roll over. Basically this means that the user can press down as many keys as they like, the computer will register all the key strokes. With a membrane board, there is a limit.

For a much more in depth talk, check out

There are many, many switch variants out there. However the ones you are most likely to come across are: Cherry MX switches. These come in a variety of names, denoted by their colour. Each switch feels slightly different, and provides the user with different reasons to use a switch.

Cherry MX Blues: Tactile, clicky. - Good for typing, not so much gaming.

Cherry MX Browns: Tactile, non-clicky. - Good gaming and typing due to their quietness, but still maintaining the tactile feedback (you can feel a bump when you press the key)

Cherry MX Reds: Linear, non-clicky - Good for gaming, similar to Membrane in linear motion; no bump as it's not tactile.

Cherry MX Blacks : Linear, non-clicky. - Similar to MX Reds, slightly heavier

There are many other variants of the Cherry MX line up, however these are the main constituents which filtrate into the mainstream market.

Simply post what Keyboard you're running, what switch type, TKL or not, and any other mods you've done to it.

Here is my Filco Majestouch 2 TKL:

Thank you for the outline, very informative

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Ok, so can someone explain what the deal with these is?

They are ugly as fuck, yet I see people on Geekhack raving about their rare ones, cos someone made like one and sold it to them?

Nothing really to explain.  If people like something enough they will pay more money then the average person to get it.  Then the next thing you know you have a collection started, and it's hard to stop :P

LsdQFA7.jpg

Nothing really to explain.  If people like something enough they will pay more money then the average person to get it.  Then the next thing you know you have a collection started, and it's hard to stop :P

+1 

I also love Bingecaps especially moose cap

but it's not everyone cup of tea, yet I still pay to get all of em....

Thanks to Mr. Bro, he is sending over a Cap to me! My HHKB won't feel as empty now. I didn't anybody on these forums was really into the Artisan Cap thing. Well I'll throw up some pictures when it arrives.

Thanks to Mr. Bro, he is sending over a Cap to me! My HHKB won't feel as empty now. I didn't anybody on these forums was really into the Artisan Cap thing. Well I'll throw up some pictures when it arrives.

Noiceeee

Saw the whole story over GH of you acquiring HHKB, you get so much love over there :D

Guys any shop in europe that I can buy pbt keycaps and USA(Ansi I think) layout?

Guys any shop in europe that I can buy pbt keycaps and USA(Ansi I think) layout?

I would probably look at importing from the US, since there are not many locations in the EU that keeps stock of the US layout.

Been using a Poseidon Z for a few weeks, I love typing on Kailh Blues!

If only I could teach myself to not bottom out as hard, I'd make better use of mech switches...

[witty signature]

Yeah, I can see that. However after looking at the videos of the NerDy GUI I don't think I will have a problem with it.

Been wanting to get a grey/silver Kmac kit for a few months now, but i'm having a harder time finding one that I thought I would.

Do you mean the new noppoo Nano?  This --> http://www.banggood.com/Noppoo-Nano75-s-60-Cherry-MX-Red-Switch-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-966287.html

Nice :)

Thanks man :)

That is one nice board, color of switch?

Yeah that's the one

That's a nice layout, I'm not sure hows the quality of Noppo since I've never encountered one

Thank you :) 65g Clears on modifiers and 62g Clears on alpha

Has anyone gotten the DS4 69 Fire Edition yet? I got a call from the local distributor of Ducky, it seems the stock of this special edition keyboards is in. I simply have no time to go pick it up as I'm busy with the Lunar New Year preparations in my workplace, plus most of my staff are away for the seasonal break.....lotta work to do! :(

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Has anyone gotten the DS4 69 Fire Edition yet? I got a call from the local distributor of Ducky, it seems the stock of this special edition keyboards is in. I simply have no time to go pick it up as I'm busy with the Lunar New Year preparations in my workplace, plus most of my staff are away for the seasonal break.....lotta work to do! :(

I've been offered as well, but I dont think it's good for use/typing

it's more of a collection or showcase in the shop

but man it's one heck of a keyboard, so colorful

I've been offered as well, but I dont think it's good for use/typing

it's more of a collection or showcase in the shop

but man it's one heck of a keyboard, so colorful

It does kind of look interesting, but I'm pretty positive I wouldn't like typing on a board with different switch types.