Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I will be getting a Caselab case later this week, didn't realize that a local distributor has brought in the Leopold FC660C. Damn, looks like I am going over budget again this month.....should be getting the Leopold at about the same time.

I've acquired Caselabs :D

KMAC PAD is currently in the post office waiting for me to pick it up, I think I'm done with the whole PC and keyboard thing ; and start moving to other toys

but I found myself participating in Dolch,CMYW and gold springs group buy, and just ordered some 3mm LED for my KMAC

when does it end :(

KMAC PAD is currently in the post office waiting for me to pick it up, I think I'm done with the whole PC and keyboard thing ; and start moving to other toys

but I found myself participating in Dolch,CMYW and gold springs group buy, and just ordered some 3mm LED for my KMAC

Which color KPad did you get? And where was that gold spring GB II need/want some.

Which color KPad did you get? And where was that gold spring GB II need/want some.

I think he was referring to Sprit's GB that included complimentary gold plating in R1.

I think he was referring to Sprit's GB that included complimentary gold plating in R1.

Gold plated KPad o.0

Springs :P

You had me confused. I was hoping they were the ones from OTD. I assume their just the ones from KBD Mod gold plated?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.0

That's the GB for the springs

I acquired a red KPAD, yeah it doesn't match my titanium KMAC2 but I can't risk to re-anodized it and ended up not getting the exact same color

but to gold plated it, that gets me thinking since I just bought a Yellow ember LED which look similar to gold

That be the topre one?

Yep, the FC660C is topre Capacitive switch while the FC660M is for Cherry MX switch. With the FC660C, I'd have one Cherry MX Clear and a Topre keyboard to complete my Leopold keyboard collection....not interested in anything larger as of now.

It'll never end I'm afraid, thinking of going under water for my R9 290X'es after getting the Caselabs.......it never ends!!! :wacko:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Yep, the FC660C is topre Capacitive switch while the FC660M is for Cherry MX switch. With the FC660C, I'd have one Cherry MX Clear and a Topre keyboard to complete my Leopold keyboard collection....not interested in anything larger as of now.

It'll never end I'm afraid, thinking of going under water for my R9 290X'es after getting the Caselabs.......it never ends!!! :wacko:

Yeah, those cards really need that extra cooling

my PC is all done, and can last me for at least the next 2-3 years

My next upgrade going to be a new monitor probably 4K but it's still a long way to go since it's so pricey right now, heard your "local" distributor is importing those 4K soon

why not get one of those aluminium keyboards? it really is worth it and goes along with your beautiful full Al case

I'm actually looking for a mechanical keyboard.

I'm usually gaming and also typing sometimes.

Currently I use a membrane keyboard, it's ok but... it's just ok. 

I was looking for a Corsair Vengeance K60, and I only found K60's with Reds.

I heard that Red switches are simillar to rubber dome switches and that they are mostly for gaming.

Are they good for typing too? I was also looking for some Blue switch keyboards, are Blues good for gaming too? I really like the "clicky" click sound of Blues  :D 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.0

That's the GB for the springs

I acquired a red KPAD, yeah it doesn't match my titanium KMAC2 but I can't risk to re-anodized it and ended up not getting the exact same color

but to gold plated it, that gets me thinking since I just bought a Yellow ember LED which look similar to gold

Wait what you got a red one? Was it one oof the ones that was originally red or one that was anodized? the reason I ask is the originally red ones are kinda more rare.

oh and I really didnt see much about springs there.

Wait what you got a red one? Was it one oof the ones that was originally red or one that was anodized? the reason I ask is the originally red ones are kinda more rare.

oh and I really didnt see much about springs there.

I'm pretty sure its the original one

I have it on hand but still busy at work, will post some pictures by tonight

I have one...

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I'm pretty sure its the original one

I have it on hand but still busy at work, will post some pictures by tonight

Cool please share id like to see one of the originals again as I nearly bought one once but we couldnt settle on a price that I was comfortable paying at the time. i think a red one would go great with a KMAC Happy. Which BTW is the next big keyboard purchase on my list. I think itll be quite some time though before I have the money to get one.

Do you have any more info on the springs?

you have one what?

I have one of many things. In this case I was referring to a mech

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I have one of many things. In this case I was referring to a mech

You have a mech like macross or gundam? :P

so which one do you have? :D

You have a mech like macross or gundam? :P

so which one do you have? :D

Ducky zero and a kuratas

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Ducky zero and a kuratas

what dis "a kuratas"

what dis "a kuratas"

A google for "kuratas" reveals a human piloted robot developed by the Japanese with a price tag of USD $1,353,500. :P

I'll just assume hazy has a miniature model of one. :rolleyes:

Finally got my hands on an FC660C and it's a great Topre experience.....looking to get more 60% keyboards. The top is an FC660M Cherry Clear with the FC660C below.

20140210_203834_zps77cb62cb.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Cool please share id like to see one of the originals again as I nearly bought one once but we couldnt settle on a price that I was comfortable paying at the time. i think a red one would go great with a KMAC Happy. Which BTW is the next big keyboard purchase on my list. I think itll be quite some time though before I have the money to get one.

Do you have any more info on the springs?

As promised

picture attached

What kind of info do you need for the springs?

All I know is that it's gold plated springs, and vary from 60g to 120g, yes.... 120g

I bought various kind of it including the 100g and 120g

@GamerDude

more member in your family hey? :D

nice catch there

post-1624-0-49454400-1392040690_thumb.jp

post-1624-0-90694200-1392040707_thumb.jp

@Jokrik that KMAC Red is look sexy, though I dont know if the caps fit it.

So i'm in the market for a Ducky Shine 3 with brown switches and a blue back light but cannot find them ANYWHERE. I'm in the US if that matters

Im planning to get a corsair k70 keyboard. Honestly i prefer the blue switches because i tried them out before and it felt great. I have never tried red switches before. Unfortunately the k70 does not have a red backlit version of the blue switches. As my rig is themed red, i was thinking of taking a shot in the dark and getting the k70 with the red switches. I would want to ask gamers who use cherry mx red switches out there, how does red switches feel for gaming and typing. I play mostly mobas (dota 2) and mmos. Rarely fps games. How would red switches perform in these type of games? I also heard typing on red switches are terrible, is that true?