Overclocking 4790k... these temps alright?

So I tried OC'ing my 4790k. 

I'm currently sitting at 4.7 GHz @ 1.31 v. My temps are fluctuating at idle around 35 C and then randomly bounce up to 40-43 C at times... Is that normal? 

All under water. 

140mm rad + 240mm Rad running with a R9 290 OC'd to 1200/1400. 

Its normal.

idle temperatures don't mean anything

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What are the load temps? Idle means almost nothing.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I'm about to stress test. Just thought it was weird that it fluctuated so much. 

idle temperatures don't mean anything

Before I stress test... what temps would scream "stop stress testing now" while testing? 

Before I stress test... what temps would scream "stop stress testing now" while testing? 

90C

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

90C

Currently hitting 73-77 C using Intel extreme tuning.. Heard prime 95 wasn't good for devil's canyon. So does that mean its so far?

90C

It starts poking its head above 90c I would be ready with the finger on the stop button. 

Mid 90s prob best to go ahead and shut it off and either work on fan profiles or downclock a little bit with a little less voltage, I don't think you'll have any issues though especially since you are only at 1.3v with a nice set up. 

Currently hitting 73-77 C using Intel extreme tuning.. Heard prime 95 wasn't good for devil's canyon. So does that mean its so far?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/411603-how-to-overclock-your-cpu-intel-haswell-haswell-refresh-cpu-overclocking-guide-4670k-4770k-4690k-4790k-5820k-5930k-5960x/

Spoiler

It starts poking its head above 90c I would be ready with the finger on the stop button. 

Mid 90s prob best to go ahead and shut it off and either work on fan profiles or downclock a little bit with a little less voltage, I don't think you'll have any issues though especially since you are only at 1.3v with a nice set up. 

Hitting 78C Max on my stress test. I guess time to push a little more. 

Golden, you can prob try to push 1.35v and see how much more you can get out of your chip. 

I would save the current profile of 1.3v as your 24/7 OC though, only run 1.35 or 1.4 when you are pushing for benchmarks or screenies. 

Hitting 78C Max on my stress test. I guess time to push a little more. 

Is that core, or CPU? BIG difference.

Is that core, or CPU? BIG difference.

Observing temps using CoreTemp, the cores were hitting those temps all around. 82 being the highest for a bit. 

Observing temps using CoreTemp, the cores were hitting those temps all around. 82 being the highest for a bit.

That sounds more like it. Peak temps while stress testing are what matters.

That sounds more like it. Peak temps while stress testing are what matters.

should i be worried it hits 82? 

should i be worried it hits 82?

No, just mindful.

No, just mindful.

did another test. 4.7GHz @ 1.33v and 3 out of 4 cores peaked at 88/89C. Should I just clock it down if I'm reaching that? 

I would, but I'm cautious. 100mhz is beyond your ability to perceive. No reason to run 4.7 over 4.6 other than bragging rights

I would, but I'm cautious. 100mhz is beyond your ability to perceive. No reason to run 4.7 over 4.6 other than bragging rights

How far do you think I should tune back the Voltage? back to 1.3v for 4.6 GHz? 

Personally I don't go over 1.25v for Haswell. I set it to that, see how far I can uberclock, and then drop the voltage as far as I can at that clock speed. I'm not an aggressive overclocker though.

Personally I don't go over 1.25v for Haswell. I set it to that, see how far I can uberclock, and then drop the voltage as far as I can at that clock speed. I'm not an aggressive overclocker though.

that is pretty much exactly what I do when I overclock Haswell. :)

So I never wrote down what my stuck voltage was. When I load optimized default, it has my cpu at 1.34v in bios. Nevermind showing up as 1.05v. Something seems strange with that