Ok if 390x crossfire reaches 93c

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by Atmos,

so if I fold/mine at night Wen I sleep or whatever, it's ok for the gpu and case to be ~90c for a while?

The 2/390/X reference is still designed to run at 94-95c, a non-reference card with higher quality components should easily be able to handle those temps without any concern to damage or problem. Don't worry about it, you're completely safe.

760t case Asus formula v-z fx990 mobo

Also 90c+ is folding and mining gaming is much less. 90+ is peak

If it's only with folding/mining then there isn't really a problem xD If it were with gaming only then it would;ve been bad

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

760t case Asus formula v-z fx990 mobo

Also 90c+ is folding and mining gaming is much less. 90+ is peak

So you're perfectly fine and easily within safe temps, there's no need to worry at all.

If it really keeps eating at you, pickup a couple noctua nf-f12 fans or be quiet silent wings for the front to improve air flow, though, the default grass blower corsair fans that come with it are fine, just a bit loud.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If it's only with folding/mining then there isn't really a problem xD If it were with gaming only then it would;ve been bad

So you're perfectly fine and easily within safe temps, there's no need to worry at all.

If it really keeps eating at you, pickup a couple noctua nf-f12 fans or be quiet silent wings for the front to improve air flow, though, the default grass blower corsair fans that come with it are fine, just a bit loud.

so if I fold/mine at night Wen I sleep or whatever, it's ok for the gpu and case to be ~90c for a while?

The 2/390/X reference is still designed to run at 94-95c, a non-reference card with higher quality components should easily be able to handle those temps without any concern to damage or problem. Don't worry about it, you're completely safe.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

The problem with running at such high temps is that if you go 1 degree higher your game just tanks and starts lagging. The reference 290x was designed to run at 94c and stay there. It didn't even need to go above 55% fan speed but it was still super loud. If an aftermarket 390(x) is nearing 94c it's already running at max fan speed to dissipate the heat. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

The problem with running at such high temps is that if you go 1 degree higher your game just tanks and starts lagging. The reference 290x was designed to run at 94c and stay there. It didn't even need to go above 55% fan speed but it was still super loud. If an aftermarket 390(x) is nearing 94c it's already running at max fan speed to dissipate the heat.

sorry 55%

sorry 55%

As long as you're fine with the noise that's ok. The temps definitely won't degrade the lifespan of the card

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

As long as you're fine with the noise that's ok. The temps definitely won't degrade the lifespan of the card

alright. Thanks