Cities: Skylines, CS:GO, or Something Else?

theninja35
Go to solution Solved by yannickverc,

I'm not worried about them ruining my game, but I just don't want to or feel comfortable talking to them.

Are the matches really that long? I've got stuff to do, people to see!

I think I'll go for Cities, but I'll wait for a few more opinions.

Yea you gotta take in account that a CSGO comp game CAN go up to 90 minutes. So I think cities is the best way to go here

*Insert generic hello message here*. I have precisely $12.04 in my Steam account, and cannot decide between Cities: Skylines and CS:GO. Cities looks like an amazing game with a lot of custom mods/maps/objects and it has a nice set of music, but on the other hand, CS:GO seems really fast-paced and competitive. 

I like the thought of CS:GO, but I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to a bunch of a******s who I don't always play with. I also won't have money for keys, so I'll look like a loser (but whatever).

So, what do y'all think? Also, do you guys have any other suggestions for <$12? I already got Just Cause 3 and have 3 hours, so I can't refund it for $47 back. It's an awesome game, though.

If you can't handle Russian and Polish kids ruining your game in CS:GO I'd go with Cities. It's a nice game and will keep you busy for hours and hours.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

if you like competitive fps games and 30-45 minute matches, buy cs go

else buy cities skylines

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

If I was in that situation, I'd take Cities Skylines.

Since CS:GO was pretty cheap, I'd expect a fair few more hackers out there.

Skylines does need a decent build to run after the Night update but it's so much better than CS:GO IMO.

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

If you can't handle Russian and Polish kids ruining your game in CS:GO I'd go with Cities. It's a nice game and will keep you busy for hours and hours.

I'm not worried about them ruining my game, but I just don't want to or feel comfortable talking to them.

if you like competitive fps games and 30-45 minute matches, buy cs go

else buy cities skylines

Skylines does need a decent build to run after the Night update but it's so much better than CS:GO IMO.

But CSGO will probable give you much more play time. 

CPU: i7 6700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V @ 2400mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr | Case: Corsair 300r windowed | Storage: 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Monitor: BenQ xl2420z | Cooler: Corsair h60 | Sound: Astro A40 | Mouse: Razer Taipan | OS: Win 8.1 | PCPartPicker Link: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/xV7tZL

*Insert generic hello message here*. I have precisely $12.04 in my Steam account, and cannot decide between Cities: Skylines and CS:GO. Cities looks like an amazing game with a lot of custom mods/maps/objects and it has a nice set of music, but on the other hand, CS:GO seems really fast-paced and competitive. 

I like the thought of CS:GO, but I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to a bunch of a******s who I don't always play with. I also won't have money for keys, so I'll look like a loser (but whatever).

So, what do y'all think? Also, do you guys have any other suggestions for <$12? I already got Just Cause 3 and have 3 hours, so I can't refund it for $47 back. It's an awesome game, though.

If you buy CSGO,

Write a farewell letter to your family and friends because they won't be hearing from you anytime soon.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

Yea you gotta take in account that a CSGO comp game CAN go up to 90 minutes. So I think cities is the best way to go here

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

simple if you cant be bothered to talk to assholes.. skip cs.go..

I really enjoy cs.go (300 hours or so) but it is reallly toxic... id say like 7/10 games there is probably at least 1 toxic player and it sucks since you want to try and communicate and just end up muting them..

If you got some friends to join you then go for cs.go if not save yourself from the pile of toxicity which is cs.go full of annoying whining kids..

But CSGO will probable give you much more play time. 

Gmod gave me 690 hours for 69p. That is a good playtime for me!

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

Yeah, definitely. I could not deal with a match that long, and neither could my parents. I'll probably get CS:GO in the future, but for now, I think Cities is the one for me.

If I was in that situation, I'd take Cities Skylines.

Since CS:GO was pretty cheap, I'd expect a fair few more hackers out there.

You have to include the time it takes said cheaters to reach level 3 on the accounts to actually be allowed to play MM. Its not as simple as buy and play anymore.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You have to include the time it takes said cheaters to reach level 3 on the accounts to actually be allowed to play MM. Its not as simple as buy and play anymore.

That's a good point, but if they play casual, they could get more kills (Unless they're really bad, even with hacks at which point, that's just sad) which = more score x 4 (Which is the Casual multiplier) = EXP. I doubt it would take that long, and they could be paying other people to get those accounts to level 3 as well.

That's a good point, but if they play casual, they could get more kills (Unless they're really bad, even with hacks at which point, that's just sad) which = more score x 4 (Which is the Casual multiplier) = EXP. I doubt it would take that long, and they could be paying other people to get those accounts to level 3 as well.

It takes longer than you think.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Another vote for cities here: Even though I haven't spend too much time on it myself, it's a great game whenever it's your introduction to city builders or if you grew up with Simcity since it's the best spiritual successor to the series (Yes, better than Simcity 2013)

-------

Current Rig

-------