Need The Help of Someone Who Knows German :P

theereal

So, I bought a code (Black Ops 3) off Ebay and I just got this email from the seller. Google translate Is -meh-. Can you translate this please? :P Was I just scammed and what should I do?

wie Sie sicher in unserem Angebot gelesen haben, führen wir Stichprobenartige Transaktionsprüfungen durch.Leider sind wir dazu gezwungen da immaterielle Güter, wie in Ihrem Fall, nicht vom Paypal Käuferschutz abgesichert sind.  Hier wird ausdrücklich kein Datenmißbrauch betrieben. Die von Ihnen geschickten Informationen dienen ausschließlich der Verifizierung und werden in keiner Weise anders verwendet oder an dritte weitergegeben. Wir möchten Sie bitten, die angehängte PDF Datei auszufüllen und an verification@mmoga.com zurückzusenden.In der selben Email ein Bild von Ihnen mit Ihrem lesbaren Ausweis in der Hand.Dieses Bild können Sie auch mit einem Mobiltelefon machen.Für uns irrelevante Daten können Sie ausblenden. Wir brauchen nur die Bestätigung des Namens des Paypalkonto Inhabers. Dieser Vorgang ist einmalig und für weitere Bestellungen nicht erforderlich.Wir bitten um Ihre Zusammenarbeit, damit wir noch mehr Sicherheit für Käufer und Verkäufer garantieren können. Wie beschrieben, sollten Sie diesen Vorgang nicht wünschen, so teilen Sie uns dies bitte mit und wir werden umgehend Ihre Zahlung zurück erstatten lassen.

Don't it's a scam.

Google Translate is bae <3

Yeah, I saw something about my passport, like wtf... What should I do next?

Don't it's a scam.

Google Translate is bae <3

Yeah I saw something about my passport, like wtf, what should I do now?

this is what google translate said 

Here  is explicitly operated no data abuse . Those of you skillful information purposes only and verification be used in any way other or to third parties.   We ask you to fill in the attached PDF file and return it to verification@mmoga.com . In the same e-mail a picture of you with your readable passport in hand . This image , you can make using a mobile phone . For us, irrelevant data , you can hide . We only need the confirmation of the name of the Paypal account holder .   This process is unique and does not require further orders . We ask for your cooperation so that we can guarantee even greater security for buyers and sellers .   how  described , do not want this process , please let please us with this and we will immediately refund your payment  leave.

Yeah, I saw something about my passport, like wtf... What should I do next?

Report it to the police would be an awesome first step and then just ignore it.

Report it to the police would be an awesome first step and then just ignore it.

Ignore the 32 euros I spent?

Wait a bit

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Ignore the 32 euros I spent?

You did it through PayPal? Phone them up and get it back. eBay will also do it if you want.

Otherwise call your bank and ask them for help.

They want to verify your identity because purchases of immaterial goods aren't protected by Paypal.

So they want you to fill out the pdf form they attached and send a picture of you holding your readable ID card.

You can leave out information they don't need. They only want the name of the owner of the Paypal account.

You did it through PayPal? Phone them up and get it back. eBay will also do it if you want.

Otherwise call your bank and ask them for help.

Will I have to phone them Immediately or Is It possible to wait untill tomorrow (Its kinda late)?.

They want to verify your identity because purchases of immaterial goods aren't protected by Paypal.

So they want you to fill out the pdf form they attached and send a picture of you holding your readable ID card.

^^

this

It's not a scam, don't worry, I'm still translating it tho

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Will I have to phone them Immediately or Is It possible to wait untill tomorrow (Its kinda late)?.

Yeah of course wait until tomorrow.

^^

this

It's not a scam, don't worry, I'm still translating it tho

Ah, well so If I still want to get my money back, how do I go about this? It just sounds shady and Im not doing It :P PayPal wont refund my money beacuse I didnt purchase a physical Item? Who do I contact then?

Ah, well so If I still want to get my money back, how do I go about this? It just sounds shady and Im not doing It :P PayPal wont refund my money beacuse I didnt purchase a physical Item? Who do I contact then?

I don't know

lemme ask some people here if they bought a mmoga

@KamiKatze

@xTrekStorex

@Speakerator

@LarsReviews

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

bring it to the court xD

You paid for an item that you didn't receive.

you paid for a service that you didn't get

that right there, is against the law

They say you can just tell them if you don't want do this verfication thing and they will refund you

@Ceatra knows german

@Minibois knows german

@Stijncat knows german

Who else?

I dunno

In don't speak German, I speak Dutch :P Same for Stijncat  I think

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

In don't speak German, I speak Dutch :P Same for Stijncat  I think

Oh yeah

Dutch

Same thing doe

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

They say you can just tell them if you don't want do this verfication thing and they will refund you

I responded to their email stating that I would like a refund, however they are yet to respond.

How long have you been waiting?

If you want I can translate your message to German.

just as Woolfer said. Send them a reply that you don't want to participate in their verification and you should get a refund. I don't know if it's a scam, I have bought a few games at mmoga as well (2 times also through ebay) and I never had to do this nor had any issues with them.

But since it's ebay they should handle any upcoming payment issues for you since you basically have to use the customer protection mechanism when you use PayPal on ebay.

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

Last paragraph tells you how to get your money back. It basically states "If you do not want to do all the BS we need to complete the purchase, please let us know immediately (I guess via E-Mail) and we will refund you". The rest is @Woolfer said. They want a picture of you holding your ID, with only the name visible to verify that the paypal account is yours.

I sent them an email and they have yet to respond (stating that I would like a refund) but Im also going to contact PayPal/Ebay, Im just wondering which one of them I should contact, someone here mentioned that PayPal does not ensure refunds on digital Items.

Since it's the weekend I wouldn't expect a reply before Monday.