How hard is it to gain sponsors?

_JohnB330ci

Hey there, I've been looking around on Amazon just to plan my next streaming pc build, and was wondering, how hard is it to actually get sponsors for parts? For example MSI, Intel or just companies that sell parts like Scan? I've always wanted to do many pc builds but don't have the money, just as much as the next person. Probably wouldn't happen, but what do you need to do to get their attention?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

If you have a really nice looking build not hard

or very popular

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Simple, if you think you are useful to them, then you are a potential target.

Other then that no.

you stand outside there factory begging 

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Hey there, I've been looking around on Amazon just to plan my next streaming pc build, and was wondering, how hard is it to actually get sponsors for parts? For example MSI, Intel or just companies that sell parts like Scan? I've always wanted to do many pc builds but don't have the money, just as much as the next person. Probably wouldn't happen, but what do you need to do to get their attention?

You can do what that panhandler did with the child. She bought a mercedes bens and gtfo of the scene. You could always do that.

Well I honestly don't know, ummm you could maybe start a youtube channel. Or maybe you could contact someone from pcpartpicker because they have had sponsored builds, but I don't know, I am just spitballing ideas here.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Sponsore are a funny thing. We see them in vids and forum builds occasionally. We know they exist, but no one seems to know how they work, or how people actually go about getting them. Its as if its some kind of well kept secret among the super elites...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

-snip-

You need to have a body of clean and unique work prior to getting sponsored. That means extensive, really extensive modding and even fabrication from scratch which means that you must have an extensive background in fabrication and the tools required to do so. The end result must be very presentable as well considering most amateur modders can't even cut a straight line in most materials.

Additionally, most sponsored systems are either sent to the sponsor to be used for set pieces, showroom, etc and meant to be extensively documented in multiple locations for publicity purposes. Otherwise, why would they give you money to make a computer?

Thanks very much for the information guys:)

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

You need to have a body of clean and unique work prior to getting sponsored. That means extensive, really extensive modding and even fabrication from scratch which means that you must have an extensive background in fabrication and the tools required to do so. The end result must be very presentable as well considering most amateur modders can't even cut a straight line in most materials.

Additionally, most sponsored systems are either sent to the sponsor to be used for set pieces, showroom, etc and meant to be extensively documented in multiple locations for publicity purposes. Otherwise, why would they give you money to make a computer?

I think they also do it for pure advertisement purposes sometimes. I cant imagine that all of the linus media group servers are going on tour to seagate conventions...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!