For all that are skeptical of my SSD being faster than my monitor...

byalexandr

I mentioned a few times that my SSD boots into Windows faster than my monitor can turn on, and as you can see it's pretty damn close. I recorded the video in a pretty dark room so sorry for the noise and stuff. And btw, as soon as I log in everything is already usable, I don't have to wait any longer (even though the drive is 2/3 full now). WAY better than my old HDD.

And sorry for the mess, I'm working on modding my case. Specs are in the video's description as well as my signature, and I did install and set up UEFI booting.

Edit: This is a cold boot, not hybrid sleep, not sleep, not hibernating, etc. Cold boot. PC was completely shut down.

If my BIOS splashscreen weren't so slow, I'd be in a similar situation.

UEFI booting :)

I can't access the UEFI without a utility in Windows because it's so fast LOL

shit that's fast 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

If my BIOS splashscreen weren't so slow, I'd be in a similar situation.

I think you can change how long its up, well at least i can.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

can`t you just change the loading or waiting time for it?

to game or not to game, that`s the question

I think you can change how long its up, well at least i can.

If you do the UEFI Fast Boot it cuts it out completely.

Mine's the same, by the time the thing is on I get a split second flash of the Windows logo and I'm at the lock screen. I also have an 850 EVO, maybe they're just stupid fast.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

can`t you just change the loading or waiting time for it?

No, the UEFI doesn't show up, and as you can see the Windows loading screen doesn't show up either. To get into the UEFI I have to use a utility that AsRock made.

my h81 with i3 boot faster than my current setup

CPU:Intel I5 6700k (4.7GHz)  Mobo:Asus maximus viii hero RAM:HyperX 16GB  GPU:MSI gtx1080 Gaming X
Case:Fractal Design Define S SSD:Kingston 240GB HDD:1TB & 2TB raid 0 PSU:Corsair RMX750 Cooling:H100i v2 OS:Windows 10
Display:Benq GL2440,LG 29" Keyboard:Tesoro Durandal Mouse:Deathadder Sound:2.1 GENESIS NCS-0856, PC-37X, Razer manowar

Mine's the same, by the time the thing is on I get a split second flash of the Windows logo and I'm at the lock screen. I also have an 850 EVO, maybe they're just stupid fast.

They are aren't they? Look at the difference between my shitty HDD:

Old:

post-2597-0-22306800-1451505513_thumb.pn

New (I have the RAM caching enabled, so the speeds aren't exactly correct xD):

post-2597-0-10045000-1451505510_thumb.pn

my h81 with i3 boot faster than my current setup

Hey we almost have the same thing! Except mine is B85.

Which utility,i cant access my bios anymore

nice, tho there are fast monitors and slow ones, my old BenQ 144hz monitors are really slow, takes nearly 10s to turn on :P while my new x34 turns on right away within 1-2s

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Which utility,i cant access my bios anymore

If you have an AsRock board you can download the Restart-to-UEFI utility from their website. Just search for your board and go to Downloads.

nice, tho there are fast monitors and slow ones, my old BenQ 144hz monitors are really slow, takes nearly 10s to turn on :P while my new x34 turns on right away within 1-2s

This one is an average I guess, like 5-7 seconds.

is that really a full windows boot or just a wake from sleep?

EDIT: it has to be a wake from sleep state since this motherboard splash screen alone will take longer than that.

Edited by i_build_nanosuits

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

is that really a full windows boot or just a wake from sleep?

Full cold boot. PC was completely off.

Kind of hard to believe xD but it's true.

Is that booting from Hybrid Sleep? If so im not surprised :P --- even after a full "shut down" Windows 10 will by default go into Hybrid Sleep not full shutdown.

12681d1424033491-fast-startup-turn-off-w

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Is that booting from Hybrid Sleep? If so im not surprised :P

Nope, PC was completely off. Cold boot as I mentioned.

Nope, PC was completely off. Cold boot as I mentioned.

Updated my post :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Updated my post :P

No, the PC was unplugged since I was doing some stuff and then it sat for around an hour or so while I went to work on school stuff. I think it would clear any cache by then.