Anyone in Vancouver feel that minor quake?

eLucid

Holy balls! :blink:

The usgs site registered it as only a magnitude 4.8... I know Vancouver is due for the "big one" so hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm not sure, but I think that Vancouver should be relatively protected from a large earthquake, while coastal regions in the USA will be much more vulnerable. I think the fault line runs through California, along some of Washington's border, and eventually heads into the ocean, and is on the far side of Vancouver Island from the BC mainland. So Vancouver Island would get it rougher, and so would Washington and California, but Vancouver would, I hope, be spared from the worst of a big earthquake.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

My buddy that lives within an hour of LA apparently felt it.

....Oh, we're talking about the Canadian one.

Probably the same one, that just travelled up to say hi.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Correction, San Bernardino had an earthquake that caused smaller earthquakes along the eastern rim.

You only just now felt the repercussions of it, but that was like ~5 hours ago. and the one in BC was aprox. 50km down, so nothing crazy.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

funny in Austria there was a Little earthquake too, but nothing Major and even if our houses withstand more than those Inch thick Wood housings in SoCa :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

i wonder if linus and the crew felt it there office is only a mile or two away from me. not sure where they live. they might live further

it was 4.9 magnitude

4.8 magnitude at ~50km depth.

We had only a handful of hours ago, 5-7 hours a 4.6 at 3km depth, far, far more powerful. and responsible for many more smaller quakes in the region around LA and north.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

inb4 people start blaming Fraking.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.