The only reason why I would buy a "Xbox 720"

Zuba Twizta

Just thought I should add, it is probable for the next gen to support 4k. Video only though, not for the games. I read in an article on Kotaku that stated that the dev kits for the PS4 will have 2.2gb of video mem. Ofc, it is only a dev kit so the consumer product will be different. But why 2.2gb?

La`~

4k with the xbox 720 would be great but almost no one has a 4k tv. It is really easy to add 4k support to xbox, but to actually make it so that you can game at 4k would cost a lot for that fast of a gpu.

I game on a PC, and the only reason im getting a 720 is because of Halo. Halo the story is just so diverse, Halo universe its so deep for anyone who would have the time to dive into halo universe you will fall in love, im not talkin about playing all the games. Take a look at this: http://i.imgur.com/S3odM.png

The only console that will support 4K will be Sony. They wont' mention it, the same way the PS3 can do 3D. But don't expect true 4K... only upscaled.

One thing that Sony does right, is to intertwine their products together. So the day they'll have an affordable 4k TV, let alone update HDMI to support 4K at 60Hz, or (whichful thinking) ditch the crummy HDMI, and use DisplayPort which can do this kind or resolution with way more colors, latch system to that it holds properly, lower voltage consumption (great for laptop), support way more plug-in and outs (great for laptops), error correcting bit support for the best picture quality (DVI has that as well.. .only HDMI doesn't), support way longer cable, and royalty free so cheaper to implement and cables... then again Sony makes a lot of money of HDMI royalty fees, so why would they drop, that would be stupid.

If 4K comes out for the next gen console then i'd guess it'll be used as often as the current ones used 1080p... almost never
this is so true. There are 2 console games in total that run at native 1080p. The rest upscaled its sad to say that both the games are racing games. Gran Turisimo 5 and Wipeout HD.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Of course it will have 4K output, just as the Xbox 360 and PS3 have 1080p output which is only up-scaled 720p the next gens will have 4K which is up-scaled 1080p :P

i will defiantly buy the next xbox for one reason 1 console exclusives we will prob never see uncharted or halo 4 or reach Madden series or MLB the show on pc i know some of those are ps3 exclusives but it proves my point.

if people want a xbox they will pay the price i bet.
uuuhhhh no.

I agree, it's ridiculous that we have so few native 1080p games on console..

@OP, do you expect to see native 4K games on the next XBOX? Do you want to play at like 5fps?

How much are you willing to pay for a 4K display?

If you could afford a 4K monitor/TV, you could afford a true gaming PC.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

There is a bigger number at the end, so you should buy it.