The only reason why I would buy a "Xbox 720"

Zuba Twizta

4K output. I know I am asking a bit much, but seriously 4K is a must.

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

But where are the 4k tv's to go with it? (for a sensible price)

CES is around the corner. We'll see.

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

For a 720 to output 4K with decent quality/FPS it's going to have to cost a fair bit is it not?

"An Excellent Signature"

if people want a xbox they will pay the price i bet.

if people want a xbox they will pay the price i bet.
Even if the price is $600+? Highly doubt they will.

La`~

Seems like you would have to pay enormous amounts of cash for that, just think about that a single gtx 680 wouldn't even be able to power a 4k high AA game

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

I highly doubt Xbox 720 won't be 1080p max, but we will see.

Why is 4K a must? Just another gimmick that'll be as useless as 3D is now.

honestly hope consoles just stop happening;

for a couple reasons

1. online subscription fee: i see why, but honestly paying $400 bucks (i.e xbox extra controller,game,headset etc) then paying 60 bucks per year is pretty absurd.

2. fuctionality: honestly the gui for consoles isnt to bad for controllers, my biggest beef is backing out of a menu and losing progress in downloads and other stuff

3: old hardware: even when the console is new its old to probably anyone on this forum, games dont work as well, for example gears of war 2 on xbox had horrible framerate lag

4. starting cost: i believe the 360 was something ridiculous like $699.99 when it came out and the thing rrod like a champ early on

inb4 im quoting xbox things because i own one, mainly for halo and gears of war, got peer pressured into it; also ps3 had its issues same as xbox

not trying to be pc master race, but something like that new steam box would be nice

or whatever its going to be called i dont know if that even is the steam box

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

I am not buying (maybe) the next gen consoles, i prefer getting a 7990 haha (sarcastic)

In terms of gaming pc it must escale too for this Next Gen Times D:

I am not buying (maybe) the next gen consoles' date=' i prefer getting a 7990 haha (sarcastic) In terms of gaming pc it must escale too for this Next Gen Times D:[/quote']

7990? I hope you mean the ARES II? ;) Although, I am going to be upgrading to an 8970/8950 this year along with going from 1360x768 to 1440p, can't wait!

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Seems like you would have to pay enormous amounts of cash for that, just think about that a single gtx 680 wouldn't even be able to power a 4k high AA game
The thing about consoles is...

They up the resolution and lower the quality, massively.

You wouldn't need AA on a 4K resolution; you wouldn't see it.

All games are better on computers because the graphics on Xbox are usually terrible by default.

I am not buying (maybe) the next gen consoles' date=' i prefer getting a 7990 haha (sarcastic) In terms of gaming pc it must escale too for this Next Gen Times D:[/quote']

7990? I hope you mean the ARES II? ;) Although, I am going to be upgrading to an 8970/8950 this year along with going from 1360x768 to 1440p, can't wait!

That's an enormous upgrade from a 560Ti...

Enjoy rofl

That's an enormous upgrade from a 560Ti... Enjoy rofl

Yeah, should have a little more horsepower, and a whole lot more pixels. Should be good!

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Not really, while most of us will be fine with 1080p or 1440, if you have the horsepower to drive a 4k resolution why not? While I imagine most of the benefits will be noticed by artists or those with super large TVs(I actually dislike 1080 on those 60 inch TVs seems kinda off) it's not like you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in detail and the clarity on a more standard screen. It's going to be like going from the classic Mario on Nintendo to the new one on the Super Nintendo. But in terms of price point currently it may as well be considered gimmicky.

What Dim said, at 4K resolution, AA is basically a waste of resources as you can barely see the pixels even when you try to.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's not really a "gimmick". Calling that a gimmick is like calling 1080p over 320p a gimmick. Yes the difference is harder to notice, but it's there. Just like the difference between 120FPS and 60FPS.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

4k resolution is not a must in my book. it's a big leap that they are making in terms of HDTV capabilities also the smallest ones seem to start in the 60-80 inch and a price of $15000-$25000 even if I had the money to blow on something like I know that I'm frugal enough not to. I know people think that 1920x1080 resolutions have been around long enough to warrant an upgrade, but a resolution of 2560x1600 is where they should have started followed by a 4k and in 3-5 years. Just because the technology exist doesn't mean they should rush to bring to everyone's home just for the sake of doing it. I typically buy consoles for their exclusives if they are ones I like. I use to console game a lot but PC gaming was just cheaper in the long run. I spent about $300 on about 70 PC games this past year and most were AAA titles released within the past 4 years.

Point taken, didn't really think about that, but I totally agree now :-)

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

Lets be realistic, no console ever within the next couple years would support 4k. It is very unrealistic...

AMD FX-8350 Asus M5A-99X R2.0 EVO Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 (9-9-9-24 @1600MHz) - Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 (OC 1000MHz) - Corsair TX-650

Corsair H100i Fractal Design R4 Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 MadCatz R.A.T. 7 WD Caviar Black 2TB and Samsung 840 120GB

==="Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" ~ Master Yoda===

But where are the 4k tv's to go with it? (for a sensible price)
There are none at this time.

AMD FX-8350 Asus M5A-99X R2.0 EVO Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 (9-9-9-24 @1600MHz) - Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 (OC 1000MHz) - Corsair TX-650

Corsair H100i Fractal Design R4 Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 MadCatz R.A.T. 7 WD Caviar Black 2TB and Samsung 840 120GB

==="Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" ~ Master Yoda===

Seems pointless to me as the majority of users won't be playing at that sort of resolution (and probably won't know what 4k is) so I can't see MS risking sales by bumping up the price a fair bit.

4. starting cost: i believe the 360 was something ridiculous like $699.99 when it came out

that was the playstation 3. they both priced around the $400 mark around launch. with cheaper versions of them came without the bells and whitles

i'm excited to see blu-ray on the "720". and i think just a couple of days ago someone (from AMD NVIDIA?) leaked even more info the the cpu and gpu of both the next generation consoles.

If 4K comes out for the next gen console then i'd guess it'll be used as often as the current ones used 1080p... almost never