I might do teal or something.

Teal could look awesome. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Time to paint my motherboard I guess.

Self adhesive vinyl. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I get what you mean, I plan to hide the HDD to the back and to do something creative with the SSD. But for now I really just want to play with my new toy. :D

HTC Desire X, not a bad phone but camera sucks ass. It can take decent looking photos in daylight though. :)

I posted at least these for you because it's already dark and I had to get the OS going. Plus my room looks like battlefield. :D

Gotcha. At least they look much better now that you scaled them down. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

following! (i love that case and i dream of some day buying it)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Gotcha. At least they look much better now that you scaled them down. :P

Yup. :D

following! (i love that case and i dream of some day buying it)

It has so much room for activities! :D Only thing that I'm kinda unimpressed about are the side panels, they are fine on the case but by itself they feel kinda flimsy. Other than that I like it. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

ooh i'v missed quite a bit here. 

build is looking swanky. Orange and white will look awesome :3

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

ooh i'v missed quite a bit here. 

build is looking swanky. Orange and white will look awesome :3

Thanks. :) I just want to add some orange accents to make it little more interesting, we shall see what I do. So far she runs great. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Thanks. :) I just want to add some orange accents to make it little more interesting, we shall see what I do. So far she runs great. :)

It does sounds like a pretty clean combo  ^_^

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

It does sounds like a pretty clean combo  ^_^

Hopefully will be, I don't want to go overboard with the orange. Right now I just want to have fun, play the games I couldn't play, for example yesterday I pulled the trigger on Witcher 3 with Hearts of Stone DLC. Next up GTA V and Fallout 4. :D So it will take a while until a start to play around with the modding hence the disclaimer.

I could post some benchmarks if there's any interest. Oh and feel free to ask me about stuff like HW if any of you planning to use something I have. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Hopefully will be, I don't want to go overboard with the orange. Right now I just want to have fun, play the games I couldn't play, for example yesterday I pulled the trigger on Witcher 3 with Hearts of Stone DLC. Next up GTA V and Fallout 4. :D So it will take a while until a start to play around with the modding hence the disclaimer.

I could post some benchmarks if there's any interest. Oh and feel free to ask me about stuff like HW if any of you planning to use something I have. :)

Hows about those AF120QE's? I have the Air 540 stock version of them (3 of the suckers). I was wondering how much air they move at like 400-500RPM where I keep mine.

Reason being, at this speed there's really just a really gentle flow of air, not quite the breeze I want. Or that my G3258 wants either lol

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hows about those AF120QE's? I have the Air 540 stock version of them (3 of the suckers). I was wondering how much air they move at like 400-500RPM where I keep mine.

Reason being, at this speed there's really just a really gentle flow of air, not quite the breeze I want. Or that my G3258 wants either lol

The stock Air 540 fans are cheaper version of AF140, from what I heard they are pretty noisy so I didn't even bother with them. So far I run 3x AF120 QE without the resistor extension and you can hear them, but they are not terribly noisy. Android dB meter is showing about 30db + - 40 cm from the case, right in the front of the case with three fans running about 42-43dB. The X31 Kraken is set as a exhaust with it's PWM fan and the temperatures even under some gaming load keep around 30-35C so I could probably run them even slower. Is this helpful ? :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

The stock Air 540 fans are cheaper version of AF140, from what I heard they are pretty noisy so I didn't even bother with them. So far I run 3x AF120 QE without the resistor extension and you can hear them, but they are not terribly noisy. Android dB meter is showing about 30db + - 40 cm from the case, right in the front of the case with three fans running about 42-43dB. The X31 Kraken is set as a exhaust with it's PWM fan and the temperatures even under some gaming load keep around 30-35C so I could probably run them even slower. Is this helpful ? :)

er derp I knew they were 140s. :P I'm a lil tired.

But yeah, it's kinda helpful. If it weren't for my 212 EVO my rig would be pretty quiet (especially after my PSU swap, that was incredible). But silent is key. Hency why I made a list for watercooling that comes out to just shy of $600 USD without coolant. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

er derp I knew they were 140s. :P I'm a lil tired.

But yeah, it's kinda helpful. If it weren't for my 212 EVO my rig would be pretty quiet (especially after my PSU swap, that was incredible). But silent is key. Hency why I made a list for watercooling that comes out to just shy of $600 USD without coolant. :P

I'm not spoiled, the C2D system sounded like a wind turbine so this thing sounds good to me. :D Damn son, rigid tubing ? :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I'm not spoiled, the C2D system sounded like a wind turbine so this thing sounds good to me. :D Damn son, rigid tubing ? :)

No, actually. Soft tubing. I probably could have made this cheaper by going to alphacools site for rads, but I was lazy and I like EKs logo more. :P

This is the list so far, if you're interested. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xSNJkvUUgjyLAoo4y-UABLOkjHYSkFbkKRzbE-7VrF8/edit?usp=sharing

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

No, actually. Soft tubing. I probably could have made this cheaper by going to alphacools site for rads, but I was lazy and I like EKs logo more. :P

This is the list so far, if you're interested. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xSNJkvUUgjyLAoo4y-UABLOkjHYSkFbkKRzbE-7VrF8/edit?usp=sharing

Shame, hardline is so pretty. :D Oh yeah EK does have pretty logo :P The Supremacy EVO has to be one of the sexiest CPU blocks out there. I also dig the black nickel choice on the fittings. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Shame, hardline is so pretty. :D Oh yeah EK does have pretty logo :P The Supremacy EVO has to be one of the sexiest CPU blocks out there. I also dig the black nickel choice on the fittings. :)

Yeah, but (if I were to do this in the first place), I simply wouldn't have the skill to do it. :P

And for the fittings, I was REALLY on the fence between black and black nickel, but @Darkman kinda made my mind up for me lol

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

I've been quiet for a while, enjoying my build, catching up on gaming and I feel like I should say something. :) 

There will be stuff happening, little bit of modding, little bit of painting but I'm waiting on warmer weather because I don't want to screw up the painting part. Spray paints really doesn't like cold weather. So expect something sooner or later. I'm alive and kicking. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I've been quiet for a while, enjoying my build, catching up on gaming and I feel like I should say something. :) 

There will be stuff happening, little bit of modding, little bit of painting but I'm waiting on warmer weather because I don't want to screw up the painting part. Spray paints really doesn't like cold weather. So expect something sooner or later. I'm alive and kicking. :D

No worries i have the same problem on completing my personal build xD 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

11 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

No worries i have the same problem on completing my personal build xD 

I just felt like being silent for too long. :D So you're planing to do some painting too huh ? The paint I got says minimum of 15 degrees celsius (59 fahrenheit) which is awesome when we are still getting like 2-3C and about 8C on a ''warm'' day. :D 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I just felt like being silent for too long. :D So you're planing to do some painting too huh ? The paint I got says minimum of 15 degrees celsius (59 fahrenheit) which is awesome when we are still getting -3C and about 8C on a ''warm'' day. :D 

No i just meant i havent gotten around to finishing my build for various reasons. I was planning on powder coating it but i think i am going to wait till i add the gpus to the loop in late 2016 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

No i just meant i havent gotten around to finishing my build for various reasons. I was planning on powder coating it but i think i am going to wait till i add the gpus to the loop in late 2016 

Ohh, you said I have the same problem, so I automatically assign it to painting. :) How's the paint on the Inwin beauty ? Could be better ?

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Ohh, you said I have the same problem, so I automatically assign it to painting. :) How's the paint on the Inwin beauty ? Could be better ?

no its just the inside of the chassis is black which is kind of boring so i was thinking of powder coating it red metallic. the outside is fine though (brushed aluminum)   

Just now, Maybach123 said:

no its just the inside of the chassis is black which is kind of boring so i was thinking of powder coating it red metallic. the outside is fine though (brushed aluminum)   

That could be interesting. :) I really want to do panel inside the case with holes just where they need to be, sized just to get the cable through. Looks way cleaner than grommeted holes all over the place. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Just now, Frankie said:

That could be interesting. :) I really want to do panel inside the case with holes just where they need to be, sized just to get the cable through. Looks way cleaner than grommeted holes all over the place. 

ya my motherboard since its e atx covers up most of the cable holes which is annoying especially with these annoying plastic cables (ill be getting sleeved soon)