Is this Build good enough? Repost, with a better description

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

TC 101B, the one that comes with a really generic PSU ._.

Here's what I came up with:

549807d5675551e641ed5b66b8f3fab6.png

Hi, guys. I'm from Mexico and my currency is MXN, 1$ USD = 13.37 MXN as for today. Also My Budget is 720$, the build below cost 702$

So, for a couple of months, I've been think in build a New PC. I posted a couple of threads here and now i've decide what will my build be. I want a Gaming PC, i already have 126+ Games on my Steam + Origin account... I used to have a descent PC ._.

I'm from Mexico, so :1 USD= 13.37 MX (Thank you, Siria!!... That build was 500 MXN cheaper 2 weeks ago... Again, thank you, Siria for making the Dollar increas in 3 days!). 9,389MXN its 702$ USD...

I CAN'T STRETCH MY BUDGET ANY LONGER (Thanks to, Siria, again), So... What do you say, guys, is it okay for gaming on 1080?.
I can't upgrade the Graphic card, 2,900MXN= 219 USD, A 7950 is 5,100MXN (381 USD) and a 7970 It's like 7000 MXN. I do have plans to run a Crossfire later on to increse the performance, buy more RAM ASAP and a SSD.

BTW, I'm buying from CyberPuerta.MX which is the Cheapest Online Store, so... I won't find most cheaper prices

PS: I did flag my old post to the Admins, so... Sorry about the Repost, but i've already told the Admins :D

Juls3.png

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

You should just edit your post in your other thread next time.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

You should just edit your post in your other thread next time.

Indeed, i will. I'm sorry ._.

CPU: AMD FX6300@Stock - Motherboard: Gigabyte 780-ML-USB3 - RAM: 8GB Hyperx beast @1600 - GPU: Asus R9 280 Direct CU II@Stock - SSD Kingstone 240GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: EVGA 600B - Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate- Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma- OS: Windows 10 Pro

Indeed, i will. I'm sorry ._.

It's okay. Yuu're pretty new to the forum. Just remember that next time if you do decide to update your post.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I would really recommend a 2gb card. A 2gb 7850 is about ten bucks more

Good point, i think i will go with the 2GB edition, even here it is just 10 bucks more ^w^

What currency is that?

MX, 13.37MX = 1 USD

EDIT : Sorry for double posting =/

Good point, i think i will go with the 2GB edition, even here it is just 10 bucks more ^w^

Glad i could help

What currency is that?

MXN mean Moneda Mexicana Nacional (National Mexican Coin)... PESO for most of the People, but it's written MXN

Never heard of that motherboard. Other than that get a slightly better card. Looks pretty solid over all, although no case or SSD.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Never heard of that motherboard. Other than that get a slightly better card. Looks pretty solid over all, although no case or SSD.

I already have a Cooler Master HAF and unfortuntely, that SSD will have to wait... Budget :(.

It's an Elitegroup Mother Board: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1433&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=115&LanID=0 And it has great features, and at a very affordable prices.

Edit:For that price could go with a: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P (970 :/, at least it has Crossfire) or an Asus M5A97 R2.0 actually, those 2 are 30 bucks cheaper... So, i'm not sure

MXN mean Moneda Mexicana Nacional (National Mexican Coin)... PESO for most of the People, but it's written MXN

Ah ok peso's Thanks :)

hello

I already have a Cooler Master HAF and unfortuntely, that SSD will have to wait... Budget :(.

It's an Elitegroup Mother Board: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1433&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=115&LanID=0 And it has great features, and at a very affordable prices.

Edit:For that price could go with a: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P (970 :/, at least it has Crossfire) or an Asus M5A97 R2.0 actually, those 2 are 30 bucks cheaper... So, i'm not sure

I did a build for a friend with an m5a97 and it is a BEAST. I would definitely recommend it. If you're happy with your current board though then stick with it!

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I did a build for a friend with an m5a97 and it is a BEAST. I would definitely recommend it. If you're happy with your current board though then stick with it!

Well those 30 bucks, could be the diferrence between getting 8 or 4 GB of RAM... Though, i think in the Long run and when i get another 7850 for Crossfire, the Dual X16 Pci Will be better

Well those 30 bucks, could be the diferrence between getting 8 or 4 GB of RAM... Though, i think in the Long run and when i get another 7850 for Crossfire, the Dual X16 Pci Will be better

Didn't notice the 4gb. Personally i would go Asus and 8gb. But it's your choice not mine.

What's your actual budget? I'm avoiding conversions because it's a bad habit and you should avoid it whenever possible.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What's your actual budget? I'm avoiding conversions because it's a bad habit and you should avoid it whenever possible.

That build is my Budget, i can't go up even a penny... it's 720$ American Dollars. That build, should give you an idea of the prices on Mexico :) .

I'd highly recommend switching out the motherboard for an Asus M5A97 or a Gigabyte 970 D3P, as the ECS board really lacks in terms of features and overclocking potential.

I'm really thinking about it, but doesn't the 990FX chipset has more  advantages than the 970, even if it is on a ECS?

EDIT: Specially for a noobclocker like me, who also is  planing on making a Crossfire configuration later on?

I'm really thinking about it, but doesn't the 990FX chipset has more  advantages than the 970, even if it is on a ECS?

EDIT: Specially for a noobclocker like me, who also is  planing on making a Crossfire configuration later on?

There is really no situation where I'd recommend the ECS board, except if you intend to run your CPU at stock.

You'll be much better off with a good 970 board as opposed to a very low end 990fx board.

A good option if you want to crossfire later on is the Asus M5A99X EVO, it's a 990X board, which sits between the 970 & 990FX SKUs, it's an excellent board for overclocking & you good enough lanes for good crossfire scaling.

There is really no situation where I'd recommend the ECS board, except if you intend to run your CPU at stock.

You'll be much better off with a good 970 board as opposed to a very low end 990fx board.

A good option if you want to crossfire later on is the Asus M5A99X EVO, it's a 990X board, which sits between the 970 & 990FX SKUs, it's an excellent board for overclocking & you good enough lanes for good crossfire scaling.

Fair enough, i´ll get the Gygabyte 970 D3P and use the extra cash to get 8 GB of ram. I mean, it´s a "crossfire ready", so i doubt the scalling will be bad ;)