Best DSLR for $1300

ANewFace

I am going to buy and DSLR and I was looking at this Nikon D7200 bundle http://www.amazon.com/Digital-70-300mm-Batteries-Backpack-Auxiliary/dp/B0127W3TSI/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1450843643&sr=8-23&keywords=nikon+d7200

I don't necessarily need all that stuff, but it looked like a good deal. Anyway what's the best DSLR that comes with 2 lenses? 

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Get a used 6D or 5D MKII.

Both are excellent. Dont make the mistake I did and buy all your stuff brand new, you can get much better used equipment. For the loads of money Ive put into my crop setup (T6i + 50mm f/1.8 + Tokina 11-16 f/2.8) I could have gotten a much better used full frame setup.

Now thats not to say that Im not happy with my setup right now, but it would have been much smarter to get a used full frame body.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I am going to buy and DSLR and I was looking at this Nikon D7200 bundle http://www.amazon.com/Digital-70-300mm-Batteries-Backpack-Auxiliary/dp/B0127W3TSI/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1450843643&sr=8-23&keywords=nikon+d7200

I don't necessarily need all that stuff, but it looked like a good deal. Anyway what's the best DSLR that comes with 2 lenses? 

i suggest any thing nikon

What are you going to do with it? Video? Pics of the kids playing soccer? Take on vacation/travel? Learn the ins and outs of photography?

One perspective:

Those included lenses are pretty much not worth the $230. There is a reason you can go and buy them any day used/almost new with zero hassle for about $150 total for both. The longer lens, for example, doesn't look like it has vibration reduction which can make it difficult to use in lower light, especially when zoomed in. If you don't plan on studying photography and mastering the camera then it wont matter as much to you, but then this is the wrong camera for you in that case anyway. In that case, a nice mirrorless, like the Sony A6000, will get you just as good of pictures in a much smaller body.

If you do plan on really learning to use a DSLR to its fullest potential:

I would get the body by itself, and then a decent midrange zoom. Like a Sigma 17-50mm F2.5 - it has Stabilization, and a faster aperature - giving you that nice blur (bokeh) and also much better low-light performance. It will be a good somewhat wide angle, and be able to zoom to a focal length that can be nice for portraits. 

This is based on my own experience with an 18-55 I got with my D5200. As in, the 18-55 that is brand new, used twice, sitting in a box. I hated using it, and found a cheap $200 35mm 1.8 that I almost never took off. I wanted a good 18-55 equivalent and wished I had gone body-only and saved a few $$ to put towards the sigma 17-50. 

Body: http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D7200-DX-format-DSLR-Black/dp/B00U2W45WA/ref=sr_1_2_m?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1450853108&sr=1-2&keywords=nikon+d7200

Lens: http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-17-50mm-2-8-Aperture-Nikon/dp/B003A6NU3U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450853235&sr=8-2&keywords=sigma+17-50

Food for thought:

Buying used or refurbished is not a bad option at all. Getting a 7100, a D600, a D5300 (or canon equivalent) can save youy loads of money. If refurbished, most have a 90 day warranty. As we know, with electronics, it'll die in the first few days if it's gonna have problems.

Unless you need a specific feature of the 7200 or other similar $1k camera, a Significantly cheaper D5500 will get you the same quality of pictures and leave more money for more/better lenses. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I really want to say that D7200 kit is laughable, however I realized it actually has some useful stuff for someone buying their first DSLR.  The spare batteries, memory cards, wrist grip strap, the mount for people who want to shoot video and bags are helpful.

But here are a few things I wouldn't use:

• The included kit lenses can be purchased very cheaply second hand.  A lot of people who get them with their cameras sell them soon afterwards so most second hand kit lenses like these two are still in very prime condition.
  • The wide angle adapters are meh!

The advantage of the D7200 over the lower model D5xxxx and D3xxxx series in the Nikon line up:  in-body AF motor, enabling AF with older compatible lenses that do not have the motor in the lens' body.

Here are some additional options for cameras within your budget.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|1&ci=16158&setNs=p_PRICE_2|1&N=4288586281&mxp=1300&srtclk=sort

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|1&ci=6222&setNs=p_PRICE_2|1&N=4288586280&mxp=1300&srtclk=sort

Now for the wording you used "best DSLR"... very amusing.  I'm going to repeat myself another time:  Buying a camera is not like buying components for a computer. 

There is NO SUCH THING as a "best bang for the buck" because different people have different needs.  If you're just thinking about capturing just still photos, the entry level $400 camera kit to the more expensive $6000 pro range of cameras should all take equally good images... as long as you know how to take a photo.

But people who buy cameras look at additional features:

• How the camera handles High ISO and Noise, cameras with a higher ISO rating tends to produce a cleaner image at Higher ISO than cameras with a lower range.
  • Does the camera have a cropped sensor or Full Frame sensor?
  • Is the body made out of composite plastics or more durable magnesium alloy?
  • How good is the weather sealing?
  • Does it have an in-body AF motor?
  • The number of focus points.
  • Faster continuous shooting speed.
  • Wireless/wired network capability for remote photography.

After that comes something more important.  Choosing the lenses.  Wait until you've used pro grade lenses, you will never want to go back to using a kit lens again.  But pro glass is expensive.

Additionally, what will be the primary purpose of the camera?  There are certain caveats with each brand, Sony, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, etc.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Anyway what's the best DSLR that comes with 2 lenses? 

for what? video? action/sports? portraiture? landscape photos? urban/street photo?

Why two lenses? Any specific focal length? Why would you need two lenses instead of one good zoom lens right away?
Unless you only shoot prime lenses, which I doubt you do according to the bundle you mentioned in your original post.

Just asking for a bundle with two random lenses doesn't really make any sense to me at all.

I'd normally stay away from those bundles with all that random shizzle thrown into them.

Buy a body and a good lens to start off with, a memory card and maybe even a cheap bag if you really need it, then take it from there, figure out what you want and need as you go along.

That's what I did anyway, it really helps you figure out what you need and what you thought you needed but actually don't need after you've started shooting.

Get a used 6D or 5D MKII.

Both are excellent. Dont make the mistake I did and buy all your stuff brand new, you can get much better used equipment. For the loads of money Ive put into my crop setup (T6i + 50mm f/1.8 + Tokina 11-16 f/2.8) I could have gotten a much better used full frame setup.

Now thats not to say that Im not happy with my setup right now, but it would have been much smarter to get a used full frame body.

I recommend against this if you have no need for a full frame camera.

Everything about full frame is expensive, even if used. Bodies are more pricey. Lenses are MUCH more expensive. Even tripods and sliders get pricier to deal with the heavier weight of full frame. You can also get a used crop body to save some more cash to expand your lens collection, but do not go full frame just to go full frame. 

I recommend against this if you have no need for a full frame camera.

Everything about full frame is expensive, even if used. Bodies are more pricey. Lenses are MUCH more expensive. Even tripods and sliders get pricier to deal with the heavier weight of full frame. You can also get a used crop body to save some more cash to expand your lens collection, but do not go full frame just to go full frame. 

lenses are just as expensive for crop cameras as they are for full frame. There are not many canon lenses that are ef-s only. Also, the most notable crop only lens for canon or nikon, the sigma 18-35 f1.8, is still a $800 lens. If you have the option to go with a full frame option, there is no reason not to go that route. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

lenses are just as expensive for crop cameras as they are for full frame. There are not many canon lenses that are ef-s only. Also, the most notable crop only lens for canon or nikon, the sigma 18-35 f1.8, is still a $800 lens. If you have the option to go with a full frame option, there is no reason not to go that route. 

I stopped reading after that. The 18-35 f1.8 is considered a bargain. The full frame equivalent for primes would be upwards towards $2500. Full frame lenses are EXPENSIVE. If you do not have use case for a full frame system, DO NOT GO FULL FRAME. That money can be spent in other camera gear or even other hobbies. 

Ignoring field of view. Here are equivalent lenses of 35mm f/1.8 for DX and FX cameras. The DX lens is less than half the price. Not just as.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/606792-USA/Nikon_2183_AF_S_Nikkor_35mm_f_1_8G.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1023361-USA/nikon_2215_af_s_nikkor_35mm_f_1_8g.html

I stopped reading after that. The 18-35 f1.8 is considered a bargain. The full frame equivalent for primes would be upwards towards $2500. Full frame lenses are EXPENSIVE. If you do not have use case for a full frame system, DO NOT GO FULL FRAME. That money can be spent in other camera gear or even other hobbies. 

This might be a surprise to you but nobody is telling you to go out and buy canons top end L lenses. You DON'T NEED TO PAY THAT MUCH The only lenses wont work on a full frame are the ones made for crop sensors and those lenses are few and far between. Infact, the cheapest lens canon has ever produced, the 50mm 1.8, is a full frame lens. Full frame has its benefits and its draw backs just like aps-c sensors do. Either route is not a bad choice, but saying full frame is not worth it is simply not true.

DO NOT GO FULL FRAME. That money can be spent in other camera gear or even other hobbies.

^^ That right there tells me that you dont care for photography much as a hobby. People can spend their money any way they please. I have my own hobbies just like you have your own. You dont know what someones priorities may be. Assuming things gets you nowhere in the world.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

D7200 is not that different from the D7100 IMO, and everything in that bundle are going to be bad quality. 

I'd honestly just get the D7100 either body only or with 18-140 lens. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Wheres the guy advocating lenses over bodies?

Whatever you are doing I think there must be an emphasis on glass. With that budget buy used, and focus on lenses. Canon 60d or d7000 can be found easy for 400 dollars. Get that sigma 18 35 + a prime or a tele lens that you like and some accessories

This might be a surprise to you but nobody is telling you to go out and buy canons top end L lenses. You DON'T NEED TO PAY THAT MUCH The only lenses wont work on a full frame are the ones made for crop sensors and those lenses are few and far between. Infact, the cheapest lens canon has ever produced, the 50mm 1.8, is a full frame lens. Full frame has its benefits and its draw backs just like aps-c sensors do. Either route is not a bad choice, but saying full frame is not worth it is simply not true.

^^ That right there tells me that you dont care for photography much as a hobby. People can spend their money any way they please. I have my own hobbies just like you have your own. You dont know what someones priorities may be. Assuming things gets you nowhere in the world.

Lol. Resorting to attacks now to change the subject? Desperate move. Your 'insult' is nearly as unfounded as your claims. Seems like you need to work on your social skills rather than your photography ones.

The OP asked for the best DSLR under $1300. Which means he is under a budget. Full frame is, by fact as I have shown above, a more expensive system than its APS-C counterparts. 

Here is the FULL quote. Not some edited one to appease your delusional thoughts.

If you do not have use case for a full frame system, DO NOT GO FULL FRAME. That money can be spent in other camera gear or even other hobbies. 

I clearly state, if the user has NO USE FOR A FULL FRAME SYSTEM, it's simply a giant waste of money. The extra money spent on a full frame body alone can be spent on extra lenses, including PRICEY full frame glass. Not sure if this is a surprise to you, but full frame glass can be used on crop bodies. Nobody is asking you to only use crop lenses.

I will use your full quote instead of twisting your words as you did mine.

If you have the option to go with a full frame option, there is no reason not to go that route. 

You're right people can spend their money way they please. So stop forcing someone to adopt a full frame system even if they don't need one. He has his hobbies, just like you do your own. You don't know what someones priorities may be. Assuming things get you nowhere in the world. Just because you have the option to go full frame, doesn't mean it's the best option. 

Wheres the guy advocating lenses over bodies?

Whatever you are doing I think there must be an emphasis on glass. With that budget buy used, and focus on lenses. Canon 60d or d7000 can be found easy for 400 dollars. Get that sigma 18 35 + a prime or a tele lens that you like and some accessories

^^ Good advice here.