This parts are compatible:

Mobo:asus hero

Psu:Evga 750 watts plus gold

Gpu:Gtx 780

Cooler:Be quiet

Hdd:2tb western digital red

Cpu:intel 4670k

Case:fractal define r4

Can you give more info about the mobo and the CPU cooler? chipset, model...

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Pick all the exact parts and then post the link of the build

http://pcpartpicker.com/

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Compatibility is a non-issue for PCs nowadays.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Unless your trying to jam a intel cpu into a am3+ socket the wrong way while using penut butter as thermal paste.

But the peanut butter smells so good when it heats up :)

Once the be quiet cooler supports socket 1150 you should be fine although i noticed you don't have any RAM choices listed, that also need to be considered.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Compatibility is a non-issue for PCs nowadays.

"Compatibility is a non-issue for PCs nowadays" ha, HA i say to you young man, you obviously have money to waste and like to like dangerously. Once you are building a PC compatibility will always be an issue unless you like BSODs.

"Compatibility is a non-issue for PCs nowadays" ha, HA i say to you young man, you obviously have money to waste and like to like dangerously. Once you are building a PC compatibility will always be an issue unless you like BSODs.

Tell me more about incompatibility of PCs I'm all ears.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I don't see a reason why these parts won't work together. Unless... someone has some strange voodoo magic going on O_o

Maybe the heatsink will overhang the RAM slots, but you didn't even post what type of RAM and I don't know your cooler :(

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Tell me more about incompatibility of PCs I'm all ears.

From experience i have found that the wrong drivers, RAM sticks and PSU can cause instability in a PC. Also, If the cooler does not support the socket it won't fit and yes some people have encountered this. I was asked once to fit a AMD cooler he had spare on an Intel motherboard. Now you may call this person a "noob" or whatever but the person was of the view that a cooler is a cooler and it did not matter. For haswell, you need the right(compatible) PSU for the new sleep states to work properly. Some mice cause instability, well mostly the driver for the mouse on windows 7 & 8. 

PC product makers would not put out a compatibility list of parts for motherboards If compatibility was not an issue. 

Why a RED HDD?

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Bit more info on cooler? If you want to be sure it fits with ram, get low profile sticks. Either from Corsair (lame colors imo) or G.skill.

E: or change cooler to some other with no issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

These are the parts:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1yOjW

Why a WD red drive? Those drive are for NAS storage. I would get a Seagate Barracuda 2TB instead of the WD drive if you are using this drive for backup storage. And why Windows 7 Ultimate? I would get Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 8. If you are only using this system for gaming, I would get 2x4GB CL9 1600Mhz ram.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Why a WD red drive? Those drive are for NAS storage. I would get a Seagate Barracuda 2TB instead of the WD drive if you are using this drive for backup storage. And why Windows 7 Ultimate? I would get Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 8. If you are only using this system for gaming, I would get 2x4GB CL9 1600Mhz ram.

I mostly agree with you, except with the ram. I currently have 16GB in my rig and I am using 7.1 GB under normal gaming load. I could imagine with games like bf4 and x86 support, you soon will exceed the 8GB.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

What's the system going to be used for?It could be better.

Why do you need Windows 7 Ultimate?

The ram will struggle to fit. Get some lower profile ram.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ya, everything is compatible. We could go into details about why did you choose something-over-the-other. But that's a VERY long story and it's kinda redundant. The only thing you need to know is everything is 100% compatible so pull the trigger.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Unless your trying to jam a intel cpu into a am3+ socket the wrong way while using penut butter as thermal paste.

There is a right way to jam a intel cpu into an AM3+ socket? :o I KNEW IT!!! YES!!! bring fourth the sledgehammer!

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

There is a right way to jam a intel cpu into an AM3+ socket? :o I KNEW IT!!! YES!!! bring fourth the sledgehammer!

LOL'd so hard

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.