Microsoft Windows Piracy in business environment

Hello guys, I am currently in a very bad situation where my manager wants me to build a computer that would have windows 10 pro on it then would be running 4 Hyper-V virtual machine that would all be running a pirated version of windows 10 pro. That computer would be used in a business environment at one of our client's location. 

They want me to do that because it's the only way he found to stay competitive against our competitor. 

Would anyone be able to link me to the official documentation that I could show to my manager's boss about the consequences if they were to get caught? (or if I was to anonymously notice Microsoft of this fact myself)

Please note that I have been asked to pirate the windows operating system on multiple machines for other clients in the past as well, though I have done so under pressure of immediate termination of my employment.

Cheers.

they cant fire you if they are asking you to break the law =/ 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

No. Only pirate for personal use. 

If someone were to find out then it would trace back to him that authorized it. 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Nope dont touch that. If the client finds out then that will get your boss into a whole lot of trouble... not worth it.

---

Your boss sounds like an idiot they cant fire you for not breaking the law, find another job.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

No. Only pirate for personal use. 

If someone were to find out then it would trace back to him that authorized it. 

He would claim that he told the OP to use a legal version and that the OP decided to steal the keys and use pirated versions

BTW the clients will eventually find out and then the company will be sued and closed, so you will be on the dole one way or another

Please note that I have been asked to pirate the windows operating system on multiple machines for other clients in the past as well, though I have done so under pressure of immediate termination of my employment.

In the UK at least, I'm sure that would be unfair dismissal.

Anyway, I'd point your boss here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/piracy/

And here's an example (from India) of a company that got fined for selling computers with pirated copies of Windows http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/high-court-fines-firm-rs-two-lakh-for-pirating-microsofts-windows-7-232807

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

Take in a voice recorder to work and talk to your boss about it. Record him saying that you'd be fired if you didn't comply. Then report to whoever that you're being threatened with dismissal for being unwilling to comply with an illegal request.

If he retaliates, you can use it as evidence against him. He cannot fire you for that.

Don't stand for this sort of thing, man, especially in a business environment. A manager who is stupid enough to risk the future of his company on pirated software should not be running a company, especially if he moves the burden onto his employees.

Take in a voice recorder to work and talk to your boss about it. Record him saying that you'd be fired if you didn't comply. Then report to whoever that you're being threatened with dismissal for being unwilling to comply with an illegal request.

If he retaliates, you can use it as evidence against him. He cannot fire you for that.

Don't stand for this sort of thing, man, especially in a business environment. A manager who is stupid enough to risk the future of his company on pirated software should not be running a company, especially if he moves the burden onto his employees.

If this is taking place in the U.S...

As good as it sounds to record the conversation, that is not admissible in court unless they are notified they are being recorded.

The only exceptions to this are when there is a sign posted that recording equipment is in use, but only the owner of the building can authorize the recordings.

Also, if there is a warrant to conduct an investigative recording for police purposes.

~Cynical~

If this is taking place in the U.S...

As good as it sounds to record the conversation, that is not admissible in court unless they are notified they are being recorded.

The only exceptions to this are when there is a sign posted that recording equipment is in use, but only the owner of the building can authorize the recordings.

Also, if there is a warrant to conduct an investigative recording for police purposes.

Presumably this is taking place in Quebec, Canada, where OP says he is, so...

Maybe the law there permits it, I don't know. Either way, there has to be some ground for this argument. I mean, if we have a legal system that allows bosses to pressure employees to perform illegal acts under the threat of immediate termination, something has gone horribly wrong with the system.

Presumably this is taking place in Quebec, Canada, where OP says he is, so...

Maybe the law there permits it, I don't know. Either way, there has to be some ground for this argument. I mean, if we have a legal system that allows bosses to pressure employees to perform illegal acts under the threat of immediate termination, something has gone horribly wrong with the system.

I am not sure about Canadian laws, so I can't comment on that...

As for "permitting" employers to do this... Well, it's not permitted, but the laws are there to protect you as much as them.

Imagine, if you will, that you were recorded making a joke about wanting politicians to be buried at sea. Someone could then take that recording to the Secret Service, FBI, or NSA and get you in some serious trouble. You would have no real way to defend yourself, because it is very hard to establish context after the fact.

~Cynical~