Classroom Management software

Any suggestions on classroom management software. I'm trying to narrow down something that is network deploy-able, easy for non-techy teachers to figure out, and difficult to hack. Currently I'm beta testing Net Control 2 and NetSupport. They are meh...

...also here is what I want my students to look like when they try to access the internets. 

facepalm.jpg

Replace all Internet Icons with links to that picture on the server in house, Block HTTP/HTTPS ports.

PROFIT! 

:P

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Any suggestions on classroom management software. I'm trying to narrow down something that is network deploy-able, easy for non-techy teachers to figure out, and difficult to hack. Currently I'm beta testing Net Control 2 and NetSupport. They are meh...

...also here is what I want my students to look like when they try to access the internets. 

facepalm.jpg

Sid?

1v1?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Usually the proxy is set up in the school district, and then the individual teachers/schools have massive VNC setups.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Student here!

http://classroom.google.com - Is the best thing that's ever happened to our school. So simple, we have Chromebooks and accounts without email functionality. Google Classroom is so simple, even the least technical of our teachers have figured it out. Has a mobile app and a great desktop website, works well on every computer I've used, and is really simple. The other students in my class that are very tech illiterate have had no issues with it this year. Your teacher puts an assignment out, you go to classroom and open it, it creates a document and a folder for classroom in your Google Drive and you can collaborate with other students and turn it in before/after the due date or mark as done.

10/10 would use again.

TL:DR - Classroom is super awesome and is the best thing ever. Among others for study tools we use Quizziz, Quizlet, and DuoLingo. Quizlet for studying vocab and other stuff, has exam/practice test feature. DuoLingo, for learning a different language like Spanish. Quizizz for taking a Quiz online and teachers get like a spreadsheet from it I think. Also Kahoot! for a fun Quiz game. AFAIK All of the things I listed are free except for Classroom.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Student here!

http://classroom.google.com - Is the best thing that's ever happened to our school. So simple, we have Chromebooks and accounts without email functionality. Google Classroom is so simple, even the least technical of our teachers have figured it out.

I like the idea of Chromebooks with limited capabilities. Defiantly something I will push for as we start to advance technology here at our school. 

Usually the proxy is set up in the school district, and then the individual teachers/schools have massive VNC setups.

This^^

Proxy server will allow you to block sites and other things coming in. Then you will just run a VNC setup so you can connect and see the clients from the teachers desk. I know there are some softwares that allow you to block internet, but if its a permanent thing, then why not use Group Policy to disallow internet access,

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

This^^

Proxy server will allow you to block sites and other things coming in. Then you will just run a VNC setup so you can connect and see the clients from the teachers desk. I know there are some softwares that allow you to block internet, but if its a permanent thing, then why not use Group Policy to disallow internet access,

Occasionally we want to allow students the capability to access sites like YouTube, but then block it at other times. Same goes for applications, drives, and USB ports.

Our school uses LanSchool. It's the most annoying thing ever.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Our school uses LanSchool. It's the most annoying thing ever.

I've used LanSchool as well, its ok. My students hate it too. 

theres specialized software for schools that allows the teacher to watch and control students' computers.

That's what he's asking for.... stuff like it.

OP: LanSchool is pretty usable. My school uses it. That said, like anything else, there's ways around it.

Occasionally we want to allow students the capability to access sites like YouTube, but then block it at other times. Same goes for applications, drives, and USB ports.

I hate this plugin with a passion on our Chromebooks but, Hapara. Teachers/anyone can view what we're doing on our chromebooks, take a picture, open/close tabs etc, screen record. It's almost like the NSA but your school is watching you. We had to sign an Acceptable Use Policy to allow them to do this since it violates a good bit of privacy. It also doesn't work at home and only on Chromebook, but I'm not sure of the cost.

EDIT: Also check my first post, I edited it and added some more info for you.

EDIT2: Also with Hapara, pretty much no way around it except for Chrome://inspect and delete the plugin code, but I think it reactivates and comes back as soon as someone is accessing your Chromebook. Also, it can be activated/deactivated in incognito, but it can be forced to be allowed in incognito so it's basically like the black plague.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Student here!

http://classroom.google.com - Is the best thing that's ever happened to our school. So simple, we have Chromebooks and accounts without email functionality. Google Classroom is so simple, even the least technical of our teachers have figured it out. Has a mobile app and a great desktop website, works well on every computer I've used, and is really simple. The other students in my class that are very tech illiterate have had no issues with it this year. Your teacher puts an assignment out, you go to classroom and open it, it creates a document and a folder for classroom in your Google Drive and you can collaborate with other students and turn it in before/after the due date or mark as done.

10/10 would use again.

TL:DR - Classroom is super awesome and is the best thing ever. Among others for study tools we use Quizziz, Quizlet, and DuoLingo. Quizlet for studying vocab and other stuff, has exam/practice test feature. DuoLingo, for learning a different language like Spanish. Quizizz for taking a Quiz online and teachers get like a spreadsheet from it I think. Also Kahoot! for a fun Quiz game. AFAIK All of the things I listed are free except for Classroom.

Kahoot! is a huge hit in the classroom. 

Kahoot! is a huge hit in the classroom. 

Ya all of the people in my classes like it, I couldn't imagine playing it without a touchscreen though. One of our teachers gives each student a certain amount of points to the top 3 students and they get some sort of reward once they reach a certain amount of points.

How about impero? You can deploy it via the network, my secondary school used it. Currently college uses lanschool

Jeeze, that sounds like a really locked down school :/

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"