32 Cores 72 Threads Under 1300$

Sentryy

On ebay you can get a quad socket motherboard for 250 or so and xeon e5 4640 for under 200, and 12gb ddr3 ecc for each cpu  30$ each 250+200+200+200+200+120. Has anyone done this? It wouldn't be for gaming because the board does not have any pci slots, but if you had 1300$ burning a hole in your pocket, would you do this? you could also factor in a case (server) and heatsink (low profile) or even better, get  1.5 Tb of ram ( max supported by board) If anyone does this you dont need to give be credit as many other people have thought of it before (Im sure) But please if you can get it running, Send cinnebench scores!!! I'm sure you would beat me and most other people ( i get 274cb with my i3 lol) I am going to wrap this thread up because this is my third time typing this!

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

why is this in a hot deals section?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Becuase it is a deal?

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

nonono where was this 4 days ago :(

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Maybe because he added all the prices together and it may be a good deal (Price>CPU Performance)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Becuase it is a deal?

ebay is not hot deals

and this sounds more like a project

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

ebay is not hot deals

and this sounds more like a project

It is indeed a project, The price of this hardware is only going to go down as it gets older, So it is a deal. the hot part, i don't know the cpus will get hot if you invest in this deal.

It is indeed a project, The price of this hardware is only going to go down as it gets older, So it is a deal. the hot part, i don't know the cpus will get hot if you invest in this deal.

Also I did not post ebay links, I read the rules.

Probably best to put this in another section anyway.....you can ask a mod to do this. (General discussion maybe, cos its not off-topic material)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

its great for Folding

but the power draw from 4 CPU will be huge

go lga 1567

you can get lotsa core action for around 300

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

go lga 1567

you can get lotsa core action for around 300

i can get a x6550 for 13$ thats a good deal.

i can get a x6550 for 13$ thats a good deal.

ebay is littered wit 16 thread cpus under 15 bux.

the board is about 250 ish, for one that supports 4 cpu's :)

you said 1300??

send me 400. I will freaken blow your mind

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

nonono where was this 4 days ago :(

I dont know where it was, may i ask how much you paid?

ebay is littered wit 16 thread cpus under 15 bux.

the board is about 250 ish, for one that supports 4 cpu's :)

you said 1300??

send me 400. I will freaken blow your mind

I know this was made on impulse

I dont know where it was, may i ask how much you paid?

I bought a billion noctua fans for christmas, I  was just saying I would've gone for this if I saw it :(

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I bought a billion noctua fans for christmas, I  was just saying I would've gone for this if I saw it :(

I like noctua fans but they are out of my price range

I like noctua fans but they are out of my price range

yea, I spent my whole christmas budget on the fans alone (could usually never afford it, it's just the rest of my pc doesn't need any upgrades)

Oh?  Did you get a good deal on them? If so where?! I need to buy me a bunch for a upcoming build.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You did not include a Link and a Pic of the product.

Mod are coming! The. Mods. are. coming......

Besides hot deals are supposed to from legit sites like newegg or amazon I think. I need to check the posting instructions.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Oh?  Did you get a good deal on them? If so where?! I need to buy me a bunch for a upcoming build.

Got them on Amazon ($17 for 120mm's and $21 for 140mm's) So saved a little on the 120mm's :)

The models are NF-A14 and NF-P12 if you're curious

Got them on Amazon ($17 for 120mm's and $21 for 140mm's) So saved a little on the 120mm's :)

The models are NF-A14 and NF-P12 if you're curious

I'll need to compare prices. I heard jet.com has great prices on some pc fans.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^