Counter Strike:GO Tips

So I wanted to get into CS:GO, I have the basics of it but cant start playing until Christmas (thankfully not that far away), I understand the shooting system and all of the physics but there was a few things I wanted to know. First of all; what are the best cases to start off with? I like the look of the Karambit and Flip Knife the most, so what cases should I buy to try and get those? (I know they're rare). What cases did you start with, and what ones do you think would be most beneficial to a noob player. Can someone send me a link or explain to me what skins and knifes you get in what case? (Sending a link would probably be easiest). Also, how much are keys? If you have anymore tips that you think would be useful to me then please let me know, as I want to try and get out of Silver ASAP... :)

Thank you for reading -Croum

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

Check out my digital store for cool products! https://sellfy.com/Zolias

Quit while you can.

I understand the shooting system and all of the physics but there was a few things I wanted to know. First of all; what are the best cases to start off with?

also, LOL

as I want to try and get out of Silver ASAP...  :)

unboxing cases is a huge waste of money. You spend a 1000 you get 200 back.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Quit while you can.

^

But more on topic, keys are $2.50 a piece and cases a few cents each, there is no way to tell what case is best for what kind of knife. Your best bet is to just pick one like Huntsman or Vanguard and just hope. Make sure youre not getting a specialty case, meaning done get one where its a specific knife like Falchion or Shadow.

If you ask me, just buy your skins on market or aftermarket like OPSkins, much cheaper in the long run and youre not wasting time / money with cases and keys.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Quit while you can.

i 2nd this

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I can only stand about an hour per day of it. It's very repetitive and mostly clunky.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Thank you to the first USEFUL comment of this thread. People telling me to quit, hah, I laugh in their faces whilst I rank up to global.

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

Check out my digital store for cool products! https://sellfy.com/Zolias

Don't invest money in it - sell the cases and buy cheap skins if you really want to.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Thank you to the first USEFUL comment of this thread. People telling me to quit, hah, I laugh in their faces whilst I rank up to global.

If you're silver it won't be that easy to get to GE - most likely at least a year. Trying a game vs GEs when I'm MG2 got me kicked in the teeth - 2-24 KDA

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

you are silver and claim to understand mechanics of the game. That is not even funny, it's your cat dying level of sad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I am global :P

Well, I was untill I played with a shitty team and got deranked

​Nothing Screams Professional Other Than Comic Sans

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bQVfqs

Dark Theme, GG

Do not spend any money on CS:GO, you bought the game- that's enough and unless you get sponsored you're wasting money on cases and skins.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Dude, don't worry about going Global right now, just worry about getting out of Gold Nova first. All the smurfs and derankers that are in the Gold Nova ranks just make it a pain in the ass. You pretty much have to be a lone wolf half the time just to win. Learn to carry your team first and foremost. Screw cases too. Sell your cases and buy the guns you want. The money you would spend on buying cases and keys to get one item you could have just bought that item off the market anyway. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

If you're silver it won't be that easy to get to GE - most likely at least a year. Trying a game vs GEs when I'm MG2 got me kicked in the teeth - 2-24 KDA

I played against DMG/LE and got like 15/24 KD when i was MGE and got deranked to MG2 because of idiot teammates.

There's a high skill difference between MG2 and MGE.

Don't open cases. That's how you get bored of the game and/or start hating it.

Get used to using only the AK47 and M4, then work into the Awp if you know what you are doing

Make sure your sensitivity is extremely low (about 180° across your entire mouse pad)

I'm LEM, so if you need specific advice on anything, lemme know.

Add me on steam:

Main account (LEM) - http://steamcommunity.com/id/comessy/

Secondary (Unranked) - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198262334547

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

There's a high skill difference between MG2 and MGE.

one is using his right hand to scratch his nose another both hands?  B)

Spoiler

one is using his right hand to scratch his nose another, both hands?  B)

Probably, MG2 isn't much different from GNM here in NA/US.

I seen MG2 score 2/24 K/D in a MG2/MGE game. :/

Wish i could go back to silver again when things were much easier...(Took me like 9-10 months to get from S2 to MGE, had breaks in between)

yeah but there are more than if you buy them in game 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Dude, don't worry about going Global right now, just worry about getting out of Gold Nova first. All the smurfs and derankers that are in the Gold Nova ranks just make it a pain in the ass. You pretty much have to be a lone wolf half the time just to win. Learn to carry your team first and foremost.

I 100% agree to this.

I got deranked twice this past week because I got into a game with throwers, went from GNM to GN3 that game, and went from GN3 to GN2 in one game today because there were hardly any comms, and because I didn't play in like a week :P

My tips for you, learn the callouts, practice with bots so you can get a good idea of smoke spots, spots where you can hide, put your time into deathmatches, solo queue as much as you can

This last one is a bit odd, but watch CS:GO majors. Watch the pro players play, and pick up something from them, like smoke spots, where to prefire, etc.

I 100% agree to this.

I got deranked twice this past week because I got into a game with throwers, went from GNM to GN3 that game, and went from GN3 to GN2 in one game today because there were hardly any comms, and because I didn't play in like a week :P

My tips for you, learn the callouts, practice with bots so you can get a good idea of smoke spots, spots where you can hide, put your time into deathmatches, solo queue as much as you can

This last one is a bit odd, but watch CS:GO majors. Watch the pro players play, and pick up something from them, like smoke spots, where to prefire, etc.

my advice to you is stop playing matchmaking and work on your basics.

MY PERSONAL TIP is to play arena servers, it's 1v1 and top arena places always have lem-ge players on top. Once you start working out how to beat the best players your game will improve massively. 

Everyone rages at me when I tell gold novas and silvers that they don't get the basics, but they never train the basics.

mg-le is players who either train the basics and just haven't gotten good or don't have the natural talent to get good or players that outsmart others. LEM is where the full package starts showing and LEM+ is players that either need to train more or need coaching advice to their playstyle to move up.

Spoiler

I 100% agree to this.

Exactly how it was for me. I went from Silver Elite to GNM in 23 comp wins then all of a sudden I start getting put with the shittiest of teammates and got deranked to GN3, won two games back to GNM, then lost two right after and back to GN3. The game is toying with my emotions and I don't like it. I'm on a current winning streak though of 6 games straight so maybe I'll get my GNM rank back soon. If I can keep this streak going. Just end up having to carrying the entire team majority of the time unless I play with my "squad".

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Exactly how it was for me. I went from Silver Elite to GNM in 23 comp wins then all of a sudden I start getting put with the shittiest of teammates and got deranked to GN3, won two games back to GNM, then lost two right after and back to GN3. The game is toying with my emotions and I don't like it. I'm on a current winning streak though of 6 games straight so maybe I'll get my GNM rank back soon. If I can keep this streak going. Just end up having to carrying the entire team majority of the time unless I play with my "squad".

less mm more training.

Spoiler