It it weird that i dont mind Low End Graphics

ThatGingerKid

Ok so i am not the kind of person who will say things like..'Oh i need my Maxed out Graphics to enjoy a Game'. No thats not me. I am happy to Play Console and i barely pay attention to Graphics as i am immersed within a Game. I am gonna make a PC for Medium Textures and i will Fiddle with AA and Filters as i see fit. Is this weird or is it a good mind set

nope, i still play super mario 64. itsthe gameplay that matters.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Medium graphics are ok , low graphics are terrible. But it also depends on the game. For example MK Komplete Edition low textures are TERRIBLE , medium ones are exactly like high ones. Or the new splinter cell for example looks good even on low , SR4 aswell. 

PS:Shadows are the ones that usually make games drop in fps . I usually play my games without shadows. 

Ive never had a graphics card so low graphics has been mandatory anyways but if the game is good enough then its fine

It's good because Metro will bring you to your knees if you need maxed graphics.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's not a bad mindset no....

Often it's gameplay that matters more.

I always seems to care more about the game itself instead of its graphics, to me graphics are just some eyecandy aslong that game has some great gameplay (Example SimCity 4).

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Medium graphics are ok , low graphics are terrible. But it also depends on the game. For example MK Komplete Edition low textures are TERRIBLE , medium ones are exactly like high ones. Or the new splinter cell for example looks good even on low , SR4 aswell. 

PS:Shadows are the ones that usually make games drop in fps . I usually play my games without shadows. 

I play BF3 on all low, except mesh quality on ultra just so I can maintain 120fps because otherwise it doesn't feel smooth to me...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I play BF3 on all low, except mesh quality on ultra just so I can maintain 120fps because otherwise it doesn't feel smooth to me...

But you do know that 120 fps is only good if you're playing on a 120 hz monitor or tv right O.o

But you do know that 120 fps is only good if you're playing on a 120 hz monitor or tv right O.o?

That's only partially true since refresh rate and fps don't always match ups meaning some people can notice slight bits of lag, meaning the 120 fps on my 75hz monitors does help quite a bit..

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

IMO games are about gameplay, not graphics. Good graphics is just icing on the cake.

IMO games are about gameplay, not graphics. Good graphics is just icing on the cake.

I suppose it would depend on what game you play. I don't mind medium graphics myself, but when playing a game that's quite beautiful to look at, good graphics do make a big difference. But good graphics don't mean anything if the gameplay completely sucks.

Usually I'm the elitist...

Just built a MediaPC for the TV, Quadcore Phenom 955 and a 7790.

I've found as long as "Texture" detail is still medium or higher, I don't mind turning things down to gain closer to 60fps...

Low Texture Quality takes me out of the experience further than anything, its so distracting seeing low quality "smoothed out" bland textures.

My PC may be a different story, but it took owning a lesser capable machine to find the sweet spot in my own mind.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Gameplay > Graphics for me.

The wonder is, not that the field of stars is so vast, but that man has measured it. - Anatole France

I

I prefer a ~60 frame rate to ultra-graphics, but that does not mean that I am happy running games on low details when I know that the game can look so much better. I am not sure what your experience is but in my experience people who say they do not care about good graphics have not experienced really good, high fidelity graphics yet.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I prefer Maxed Graphics and 60FPS but I don't mind 30FPS thats why I have a GTX670 OC to play everything on Max with high FPS.
I rather spend extra Money to get high FPS and good Graphics.

RTX2070OC 

I can happily play games i played in the past such a settlers 2 or dungion keeper with the graphics being crap, however if i'm playing a new game I hate not playing at Max graphics, I Brought Skyrim and only played it a little till i upgraded my gpu. It sounds weird but for certain games i want the full experience and see the world at its full potential.

That said I cant play a game at low FPS, i dont get much time to play games any more so when I do I want the best experience possible.

Weird that you don't mind low end graphics ?  Maybe.

... but at least you don't waste huge money chasing what others and I are after at times :)

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

problem is when your on PC you get to up settings and discover what your missing.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Ok so i am not the kind of person who will say things like..'Oh i need my Maxed out Graphics to enjoy a Game'. No thats not me. I am happy to Play Console and i barely pay attention to Graphics as i am immersed within a Game. I am gonna make a PC for Medium Textures and i will Fiddle with AA and Filters as i see fit. Is this weird or is it a good mind set

No one says "Oh i need Maxed out Graphics to enjoy a Game". No one. Most people do say that they prefer better graphics, which is very much the norm and I can't understand why anyone wouldn't, but no one says they NEED it. Also, that's a very very very very bad mindset, and only one thing will happen: You buy the pc and and you'll be able to play with mediocre grahics, but 3 years from now your computer won't run any modern game. If you're content with buying a computer every 2 years just to play recent games on medium then sure, go ahead, but it's much smarter to buy a decent 1000$ computer now and have it last 7 years.

No one says "Oh i need Maxed out Graphics to enjoy a Game". No one. Most people do say that they prefer better graphics, which is very much the norm and I can't understand why anyone wouldn't, but no one says they NEED it. Also, that's a very very very very bad mindset, and only one thing will happen: You buy the pc and and you'll be able to play with mediocre grahics, but 3 years from now your computer won't run any modern game. If you're content with buying a computer every 2 years just to play recent games on medium then sure, go ahead, but it's much smarter to buy a decent 1000$ computer now and have it last 7 years.

no I was just saying for some people. I have no problem seeing max details as available but not using them. chill. that mindset doesnt represent me at all. I was thinkning baout the people playing at 3fps.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I don't mind it either which is why I'm still fine with my 560ti still but I'll upgrade once star citizen is out as that's the only game that urges me to upgrade my gpu

Nothing wrong being cool with low settings on games. Maybe I am just anal but If I cant play a game pretty close to maxed out and keep it well above 60 fps Id rather just get the console version. Even in typing this out I feel stupid for admitting it/saying it but it is what it is.