Should I feel ashamed for liking Drake?

Oberon.Smite

Qoute: A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past. (so no, you cant feel nostalgia for that)

Why? That quote doesn't say that you have to have exprienced the things you long for first hand.

It just says that you have to long for something in the past. And that past doesn't have to have been experienced by you in the time itself.

Also, why won't you answer any of my actual points? You have now attacked my example twice, but you have yet to counter the arguments I have put forth.

You have also yet to present any proof of your claim, that there is more shitty musicr eleased today than there was 5 years ago.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Listen to whatever you want to dude. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Listen to whatever you want, i like Lady gaga and i dont care what others think.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Popular does not mean bad, I love all kinds of music.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I don't like any modern music really. Just sounds like crap to me. Although I do see a few gems in the rough, there's all not that much really good music that's been made recently. This is just my opinion though.

For example:

Justin Bieber's music used to be really shit, but now I could listen to one of his songs and not want to die.

Personally I can't really respect any modern music. Except EDM, that stuff requires a ton of skill to make if you're making it mostly from scratch, although some artists just use a ton of samples. I personally am a fan of some EDM subgenres as well, but as with anything there's some pretty crap songs too. Aside from that, all the new pop music sounds like the cast is this:

- 12 y/o who makes the drum loop in his free trial of FL Studio

- Famous, *possibly* talented singer (if they're actually talented then they're one of the people doing a lot of the work)

People who do most of the work:

- Songwriter 

- Audio tech guys who autotune the the vocals and make it sound like it wasn't really tampered with too much. Also do all the effects in the song that make it actually sound decent.

- Record company

And that makes it just so boring. To me, pop either makes me cringe or sounds really boring and it's just not something I like to listen to. I do like some older rock and metal, and even newer rock and metal. It's not my favourite though. I would have to say EDM is my favourite now after I tried listening to it.

For me to like music, it has to have a lot of sounds. It has to have a lot of variety and flavor. Most pop songs are just some drum loop with maybe a few synths mixed in, and some vocals. EDM is usually a huge mashup of tons of different things.

I don't like any modern music really. Just sounds like crap to me. Although I do see a few gems in the rough, there's all not that much really good music that's been made recently. This is just my opinion though.

For example:

Justin Bieber's music used to be really shit, but now I could listen to one of his songs and not want to die.

Personally I can't really respect any modern music. Except EDM, that stuff requires a ton of skill to make if you're making it mostly from scratch, although some artists just use a ton of samples. I personally am a fan of some EDM subgenres as well, but as with anything there's some pretty crap songs too. Aside from that, all the new pop music sounds like the cast is this:

- 12 y/o who makes the drum loop in his free trial of FL Studio

- Famous, *possibly* talented singer (if they're actually talented then they're one of the people doing a lot of the work)

People who do most of the work:

- Songwriter 

- Audio tech guys who autotune the the vocals and make it sound like it wasn't really tampered with too much. Also do all the effects in the song that make it actually sound decent.

- Record company

And that makes it just so boring. To me, pop either makes me cringe or sounds really boring and it's just not something I like to listen to. I do like some older rock and metal, and even newer rock and metal. It's not my favourite though. I would have to say EDM is my favourite now after I tried listening to it.

For me to like music, it has to have a lot of sounds. It has to have a lot of variety and flavor. Most pop songs are just some drum loop with maybe a few synths mixed in, and some vocals. EDM is usually a huge mashup of tons of different things.

actually hip hop has gotten a whole lot better over the years. like really good. more and more good rappers on the scene.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

WTF is this?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),