Schiit Releases Vali 2 Headphone Amp

SSL

I'm still not sure Watt i would use this for though

I just don't have the energy for this conversation anymore you see over time it's like that, you just result to higher powers. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well, I think I need to get this amp and try this out.  Good price.  Also @SSL if you ever get a chance to try the Enigma Acoustics Dharma D1000 - do post some impressions!

Unlikely, but I will if the chance arises.

Have I just been to a stupid website, or do these actually cost £2400? Who the actual FUCK would pay over 2 grand for FUCKING SOUND. Anyone who spends more than like £250 in total is wasting money, I mean after the novelty factor wears off you will quickly forget the difference.

Cool. I hear smartphones play music pretty well these days.

I just don't have the energy for this conversation anymore you see over time it's like that, you just result to higher powers. 

I'm really surprised at the volume of replies to this thread, I thought we'd get more puns than we have

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

Well, I think I need to get this amp and try this out.  Good price.  Also @SSL if you ever get a chance to try the Enigma Acoustics Dharma D1000 - do post some impressions!

Confirmed from the horses mouth, you can use LISST.

That's not a terrible price compared to other tube amps, that's Bravo territory 

congratz on 13k

Confirmed from the horses mouth, you can use LISST.

Excellent.  Now I know my Christmas gift to myself.

congratz on 13k

:D ty

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Unlikely, but I will if the chance arises.

Cool. I hear smartphones play music pretty well these days.

£250 can get a lot more than a smartphone mr. Pretentious. Sennheiser HD598 and the like is far more than necessary for headphones, and that costs kick half the amount.

£250 can get a lot more than a smartphone mr. Pretentious. Sennheiser HD598 and the like is far more than necessary for headphones, and that costs kick half the amount.

Cool. If a 598 is enough for you, stick with that and save the money.

I'm really surprised at the volume of replies to this thread, I thought we'd get more puns than we have

I think that post was a little "Schiit" :P

The Dick of the audio page!

Have I just been to a stupid website, or do these actually cost £2400? Who the actual FUCK would pay over 2 grand for FUCKING SOUND. Anyone who spends more than like £250 in total is wasting money, I mean after the novelty factor wears off you will quickly forget the difference.

Schiit is a 'Murican company, which is probably why you're seeing that price.

Go to Amazon. Their stuff shows up there all the time.

Schiit is a 'Murican company, which is probably why you're seeing that price.

Go to Amazon. Their stuff shows up there all the time.

Best place to buy Schiit is from them directly or one of their authorized dealers. Amazon prices are relatively marked up. Electromod is their UK distributor.

That said, Schiit does make some stuff over $2k.

You think diminishing returns starts at £250? That's rich...

1. Generally, people with plenty of disposable income.

2. For some people, it's more than a hobby. It's a passion.

Why do people spend ridiculous amounts of money on computers, cars, home theater systems, art, etc. Do you see where I'm going with this?

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Why do people spend ridiculous amounts of money on computers, cars, home theater systems, art, etc. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Well I don't care about it that much, therefore anyone who does is stupid.

Well I don't care about it that much, therefore anyone who does is stupid.

The thing is, I have tried even a set of HD 800s. They barely sound different to my HD 280 Pros. Maybe my ears are just shit, but soundstage and warm or cool or muddy sound is for me as much hogwash as wine adverts.

Based on the reliability issues I've read about with the T1, this seems safer to me.

And it can be used as a pre-amp, which could be quite interesting.

As in a pre-amp for a microphone?

The thing is, I have tried even a set of HD 800s. They barely sound different to my HD 280 Pros. Maybe my ears are just shit, but soundstage and warm or cool or muddy sound is for me as much hogwash as wine adverts.

Cool. Like I said, stick with what sounds good to you.

As in a pre-amp for a microphone?

No, for a power amp or active speakers.

You may not have that great of hearing, then. Or you just don't care enough to pay attention to the differences.

I remember my friends trying my HD280s when we were recording music and said they sounded like garbage, but all they use are Monster headphones or something similar.

Reason I said that is because they're so used to hearing a certain sound signature that they just immediately think anything else is "bad".

Other thing is, if you can't notice a sound stage difference then that's on you, mate. You may be listening to shitty audio files or something, maybe?

At the same time, Vali 2’s specs are class-leading, even when compared to hybrids that cost much more. Delivering a full 1W of power into 32 ohms, with an output impedance of only 1.2 ohms in low gain mode (5.8 ohms in high gain), and impressively low noise, the Vali 2 is suitable for virtually any headphone or IEM.

post-29949-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-Imgur-eTg

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?