( warning) X99 boards fail for unknown reasons

this happened to me and one of my friend who owns x99... the board just dies..

Jus beware.. it happened to me yesterday and reasons are unknown. even to shop owners and repairman.. currently in service centre for R.M.A and will update further

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

is is all x99 boards? certain manufacturer? did it take anything else down with it?

as do all motherboards (eventually)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

List out your specs.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

What board? And failure is always an option.

you.. i like you

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

is is all x99 boards? certain manufacturer? did it take anything else down with it?

not sure abt my friend but mine is x99 msi krait

it happens to many boards... i googled solutions and i found many dead x99 threads

Just because it happened to you and to your friend doesn't mean is a common issue with ALL x99 boards.Failure can always happen

If you look up the problem in google,you will only see dead mobos,because the people that have a working board wont post it.The same happens with coil whine

Shoulda bought an Imac :P

NO APPLE... NO NO NO NO NO

Just because it happened to you and to your friend doesn't mean is a common issue with ALL x99 boards.Failure can always happen

rate seems higher.. so im raising awareness for it

List out your specs.

5820k 16gb ram

r9 390

.. details in my profile

rate seems higher.. so im raising awareness for it

x99 is there for 1 and half years. Never seen any one complaining about it's motherboard.. There may be 1 and 2 in 1000. But it may be unlucky or some sort of electrical short or you and your friend's PSU's fault or power fluctuation. There may be some other reason.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I know of 4 computers that have been running x99 since launch, and the only one that has had issues is due to a bad hard drive.

I know of 4 computers that have been running x99 since launch, and the only one that has had issues is due to a bad hard drive.

is my wd blue the possible reason?!?!?!

yeah its exaclty the same with non x99 chipset boards. lol

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

yeah its exaclty the same with non x99 chipset boards. lol

sadly :,3

sadly :,3

my x99 is dead now too

I think it's real...

should've got an iMac instead =(

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Is this supposed to be a public service announcement for everyone with an X99 board? Because technically, anything can fail. Just because yours failed, does not mean every single X99 board is going to suffer the same fate abruptly. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Is this supposed to be a public service announcement for everyone with an X99 board? Because technically, anything can fail. Just because yours failed, does not mean every single X99 board is going to suffer the same fate abruptly.

was just warning those who are interested in x99 boards that rate of failure seems higher in terms of percentage alone...

my x99 is dead now too

I think it's real...

should've got an iMac instead =(

apple gives me cancer

not sure abt my friend but mine is x99 msi krait

it happens to many boards... i googled solutions and i found many dead x99 threads

The X99S Krait's had a QC problem, the x99a Krait not so much, but they are the lower tier/cheapest x99 boards, doesn't mean they are all dud's.

5 Months in my MSI X99a Gaming 7 is still going strong with a 4.4Ghz overclock.

The X99S Krait's had a QC problem, the x99a Krait not so much, but they are the lower tier/cheapest x99 boards, doesn't mean they are all dud's.

5 Months in my MSI X99a Gaming 7 is still going strong with a 4.4Ghz overclock.

they changed my krait to X99A from S from rma :3

apple gives me cancer

what are you nine?

reported 9x perma

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K