LattePanda - An X86 Intel-based single-board computer running full Windows 10 for $69 USD

Decon

Generally I wouldn't report on Kickstarter projects but I thought this was an interesting first.  There are plenty of Raspberry Pi clones out there (roseapple Pi, banana Pi, PINE etc...) but they all run ARM based chips.  Lattepanda (strange name I know) is making their attempt at a single-board PC, but this time running an Intel Atom SOC will full X86 (-64 presumably) support.  I'll be interested to see where this goes...

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/139108638/lattepanda-a-45-win10-computer-for-everything?ref=category_popular

post-117080-0-31045300-1449769189.png

Some Highlights of the Kickstarter Campaign:

It includes everything a regular PC has and can do anything that a regular PC does, all at a low price of 69 USD.

LattePanda runs perfectly on the go. Creating documents with Microsoft Office, playing HD videos and running Windows apps on LattePanda is exactly the same experience as using a regular PC.  

LattePanda comes pre-installed with a full edition of Windows 10, including powerful tools such as Visual Studio, NodeJS, Java, Processing, and more!

Not only use it as low cost regular windows computer. LattePanda is also designed with an Arduino compatible processor, which means it even can help you to control and sense the physical world.

Hardware sensors and module extensions are designed to be plug and play for people without a background in electronics. Get the IoT development kit and open your mind to control the physical world.  

Using existing APIs, you can develop your own software and hardware.projects on LattePanda using familiar Windows,like C#, Javascript and so on. Say goodbye to your bulky laptop!

post-117080-0-89045500-1449768960_thumb.

Backer Units are expected to start shipping March 2016

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

the fact that it has bluetooth and wi-fi is pretty crazy and storage.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Your missing an important spec which is the ATMega32u4 AVR from Atmel on the board as well.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Your missing an important spec which is the ATMega32u4 AVR from Atmel on the board as well.

1 question, what is it and why is it important?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I still think the CHIP was better...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

thats the arduino interface module

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

It's a AVR running the Arduino boot loader right on the board making it almost a X86 Ras Pi. I say almost because the GPIO pins on the PI are more capable do to in being controlled by an ARM chip rather than an AVR.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

cherrytrail is a mobile soc right ?

and 69$ for that is actually pretty amazing

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

cherrytrail is a mobile soc right ?

and 69$ for that is actually pretty amazing

yeah I see this as a direct competitor for the intel compute stick and such if it becomes popular

LattePanda runs Windows 10 Home Edition.

NOT Windows 10 IoT Core.

There is NO license fee required, it is completely pre activated.

wait wait

full win 10  and not the IoT version

how did they manage to get the license for free ? - i would be surprised if inte/Win l didnt have a part in this

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It has a Cherry Trail CPU, so yes. It does have an x86-64 CPU on it.

awesome

I want NEED this in my life.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

This looks like a good platform for a x86 windows based HTPC. I way want to back it to see whats it is like if it is successful.

I have the CHIP on order.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

i'm quite sure this thing can emulate ps1 games @ 50-60fps (depends on version of course).

Sounds stupid but something that costs 400 dollars new can't even do that, yes i'm looking at you ps4.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

i'm quite sure this thing can emulate ps1 games @ 50-60fps (depends on version of course).

Sounds stupid but something that costs 400 dollars new can't even do that, yes i'm looking at you ps4.

It is more like the PS4 can but will not emulate ps1 games. I bet sony does not see it as something profitable to invest in.

I think this would be awesome for home-grown x86 tablets considering the onboard 40pin TFT driver and touch support as well as running on 5v... 

So Cherry trail is 64 bit right?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

yes, I dont think AMD or Intel make any x86 chips that are not 64 bit

Yeah. Atoms have been natively 64-bit since Bay Trail.

yes, I dont think AMD or Intel make any x86 chips that are not 64 bit

Clover trail wasn't 64 bit I guess.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide