PSU for under £60?

c_marriott

Need the best PSU for under £60 that can support a 380 and an i5. If possible have at least semi-modular cables?

Thanks

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

Go for the corsairs CX500W Semi-Modular psu

http://goo.gl/xwKj6c

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Not too sure on spending that much, already spent over budget.

Go for the corsairs CX500W Semi-Modular psu

http://goo.gl/xwKj6c

While it certainly isn't the best psu, what about a Corsair CX600?

Suppose it wouldn't hurt, can't be that bad surely?

EDIT: It supposedly has a low heat tolerance, right? Well the build will be in the Bitfenix prodigy M so would it possibly get too hot in there?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

Not too sure on spending that much, already spent over budget.

Suppose it wouldn't hurt, can't be that bad surely?

EDIT: It supposedly has a low heat tolerance, right? Well the build will be in the Bitfenix prodigy M so would it possibly get too hot in there?

It's a few pounds more for it, I'm sure you can save a 10 for it. It'll be miles better than the CX.

I also added the GQ, they're really good PSUs that are semi-modular. http://www.cclonline.com/product/195962/210-GQ-0650-V3/Power-Supplies/EVGA-650-GQ-650W-ATX-Modular-Power-Supply/PSU0966/

Also, gold efficiency instead of bronze. Also not a CX PSU.

I used to be quite active here.

It's a few pounds more for it, I'm sure you can save a 10 for it. It'll be miles better than the CX.

I also added the GQ, they're really good PSUs that are semi-modular. http://www.cclonline.com/product/195962/210-GQ-0650-V3/Power-Supplies/EVGA-650-GQ-650W-ATX-Modular-Power-Supply/PSU0966/

Also, gold efficiency instead of bronze. Also not a CX PSU.

I really didn't want to spend anymore than £60, I'm already £60 over budget so I don't want to push it (Its not actually for me, its for my girlfriends brother)

Need the best PSU for under £60 that can support a 380 and an i5. If possible have at least semi-modular cables?

Thanks

You should of picked up a EVGA supernova G2 750w for £65 on black friday. My gf was fuming when I got mine as she paid full whack for hers lmfao.

Also I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone building a system, it's better to spend good money on a PSU than to skimp on it and replace parts when it pops.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

You should of picked up a EVGA supernova G2 750w for £65 on black friday. My gf was fuming when I got mine as she paid full whack for hers lmfao.

Also I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone building a system, it's better to spend good money on a PSU than to skimp on it and replace parts when it pops.

Didn't even know this was happening until a few days ago, could have saved loads if I knew!

I really didn't want to spend anymore than £60, I'm already £60 over budget so I don't want to push it (Its not actually for me, its for my girlfriends brother)

What that guy said, it's best not to skimp on the PSU. Even the Gq will last you a lot longer (65 after VAT, I don't know how that works but still.) and the heat tolerance is ~70C. That's pretty good.

Are you buying it as a gift, or building it for him? I'm sure you could pay a few bucks out of pocket if you're building it for him.

Probably the best you're gonna get is 

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/520w-antec-high-current-gamer-hybrid-modular-80plus-bronze-135mm-quiet-fan-atx-psu

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-evga-supernova-gs-psu-fully-modular-80plus-gold-45a-single-rail-sli-crossfirex-support-whisper-

Unless you're willing to sacrifice modularity

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

What that guy said, it's best not to skimp on the PSU. Even the Gq will last you a lot longer (65 after VAT, I don't know how that works but still.) and the heat tolerance is ~70C. That's pretty good.

Are you buying it as a gift, or building it for him? I'm sure you could pay a few bucks out of pocket if you're building it for him.

Building it for him.

How about this one?

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Modular+650W+or+less/650W+XFX+Pro+XXX+Edition+80PLUS+Bronze+Modular+Power+Supply+%5BP1-650X-XXB9%5D+?productId=53994&source=pcpartpicker

And is the site for it any good? Its an extra £20 on amazon

I probably could but I don't want useless cables in there really

Go with the Antec unit. It is semi modular and it is a good psu.

I probably could but I don't want useless cables in there really

I'd recommend those. They're pretty cheap, after all. The Antec is a great choice.

For that price? Not really.

I'd recommend those. They're pretty cheap, after all. The Antec is a great choice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Antec-HCG-520M-Current-Modular-Supply/dp/B0079IFHGS/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449612068&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Antec+HGC

This one?

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

The XFX is a good power supply for the money. 

Same one I recommended it's good just not a lot of upgrade headroom

I don't think he plans on upgrading any time soon and if he does it'll be most of the system so that's not a problem

VAT is a biatch, because the Government decides how essential something is to our lives.

Standard- 20% Most goods and services (AKA Computer stuff)

Reduced rate- 5% Some goods and services, eg children’s car seats and home energy (Stuff that would be useful to have)

Zero rate- 0% Zero-rated goods and services, eg most food and children’s clothes (Stuff we need)

The standard rate of VAT increased to 20% on 4 January 2011 (from 17.5%).

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

Check out my digital store for cool products! https://sellfy.com/Zolias

VAT is a biatch, because the Government decides how essential something is to our lives.

Standard- 20% Most goods and services (AKA Computer stuff)

Reduced rate- 5% Some goods and services, eg children’s car seats and home energy (Stuff that would be useful to have)

Zero rate- 0% Zero-rated goods and services, eg most food and children’s clothes (Stuff we need)

The standard rate of VAT increased to 20% on 4 January 2011 (from 17.5%).

hahahahahahha I feel sorry for you

thank god I don't live in the UK

The XFX is a good power supply for the money. 

I thought that it was 60 GBP before VAT, not after. RIP me.

@c_marriott That XFX PSU is good, too, better than the Antec one.

I don't think he plans on upgrading any time soon and if he does it'll be most of the system so that's not a problem

Before you buy make sure you check this site, you'll see why I recommend the supernova 750 G2 so much.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd