Anyone had tech supremacists like this in your school/college, if so share

asim1999

I hate when this happens. I bought my OnePlus 2 into school today. I was minding my own business when a number of these people started criticizing my handset

I will highlight 3 people:

1) Comes upto me in free period and starts babbling about how is iPhone 5C is better than my phone in terms of "performance" and looks. Simplly tell him to go look at the benchmarks to prove him wrong, and he didnt take any of it and told me to sod off

2) One girl starts complaining about how her Galaxy Note 3 broke due to her dropping it in the bath twice (LOL get a sony handset if u are going to do stuff like that). I said ti her to check out the OnePlus 2 as she wanted something "cheap". Next thing you know, she says screw it, i will buy an iPhone 6S or Galaxy S6. WTF (she actually said CHEAP BTW). 

3) 3rd guy: says his Nexus 5X 32GB is better "value" than my phone even though it costs £100 more. Wut? Also, he says that having Android 6.0 makes it automatically better. I calmly explain that my phone is better than almost every aspect in terms of hardware. He then rudely tells me to shut my mouth.

By the way, i simply took out my phone and these people made these comments, i did not provoke them. 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

In high school -No we were all too poor and busy getting high

In college- Mind your own damn business. Bet you bought your 'superior' device with loans. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

By the way, i simply took out my phone and these people made these comments, i did not provoke them. 

Good. People will be idiots, let them.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

In high school -No we were all too poor and busy getting high

In college- Mind your own damn business. Bet you bought your 'superior' device with loans. 

Nope. Parents made me buy it with birthday and other money given by relatives that i have saved up over the years. This is the UK dude, we dont get "college loans" here 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

That's life in a nutshell

" Look at these facts right here "

" WHAT FACTS? MAN MY OPINION IS A FACT SO STFU AND GO BACK INTO YOUR HOLE YOU DUMBASS "  

" I hate the human race "

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

3) 3rd guy: says his Nexus 5X 32GB is better "value" than my phone even though it costs £100 more. 

Okay, even though this person there probably doesn't know what they're talking about, maybe (if you're even telling his side correctly), I would wager Google/LG support being way more helpful than One Plus.

How do you think One Plus makes these phones so cheap? What do you think you're paying for when you buy from LG/Samsung/anyone else?

Haven't had that since a classmate scoffed at my gameboy color. (He had the gameboy advance)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Okay, even though this person there probably doesn't know what they're talking about, maybe (if you're even telling his side correctly), I would wager Google/LG support being way more helpful than One Plus.

How do you think One Plus makes these phones so cheap? What do you think you're paying for when you buy from LG/Samsung/anyone else?

tech support and warranty.

But he meant in the phone itself, not any other aspect

I hate when this happens. I bought my OnePlus 2 into school today. I was minding my own business when a number of these people started criticizing my handset

1) Comes upto me in free period and starts babbling about how is iPhone 5C is better than my phone in terms of "performance" and looks. Simplly tell him to go look at the benchmarks to prove him wrong, and he didnt take any of it and told me to sod off

2) One girl starts complaining about how her Galaxy Note 3 broke due to her dropping it in the bath twice (LOL get a sony handset if u are going to do stuff like that). I said ti her to check out the OnePlus 2 as she wanted something "cheap". Next thing you know, she says screw it, i will buy an iPhone 6S or Galaxy S6. WTF (she actually said CHEAP BTW). 

3) 3rd guy: says his Nexus 5X 32GB is better "value" than my phone even though it costs £100 more. Wut? Also, he says that having Android 6.0 makes it automatically better. I calmly explain that my phone is better than almost every aspect in terms of hardware. He then rudely tells me to shut my mouth.

Xbox can run 12K according to people I know, you're lucky. #XBOXMASTERRACE

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Haven't had that since a classmate scoffed at my gameboy color. (He had the gameboy advance)

lucky. Most kids at my school (i go to a grammar school) are spoilt by their parents with iPhones and crap. I feel left out 

I know only one other person who has a OnePlus Two, and i was the one who told him about OnePlus before the One was announced on his birthday 

lucky. Most kids at my school (i go to a grammar school) are spoilt by their parents with iPhones and crap. I feel left out 

I know only one other person who has a OnePlus Two, and i was the one who told him about OnePlus before the One was announced on his birthday 

I guess they would hate my Galaxy Xcover II in that school though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Sounds like me talking to console peasants

Why are you guys still saying this stuff outside of the subreddit?

Don't give me the "It's just a joke bro!".

tech support and warranty.

But he meant in the phone itself, not any other aspect

Yeah maybe. I'm just saying he's still right. OP's customer service is as existent as Austin Evan's understanding of PCs (#shotsfired).

Instantly knew you were English when your class mate said sod off

#OnlyEnglishThings

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Instantly knew you were English when your class mate said sod off

#OnlyEnglishThings

Yep, still living in the chavvy uk bruv 

I don't understand why people even bother arguing about the specs of a phone, all you'll be doing is internetting, phone calls, and light gaming, the only thing that really matters is storage space

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I don't understand why people even bother arguing about the specs of a phone, all you'll be doing is internetting, phone calls, and light gaming, the only thing that really matters is storage space

True, i wanted something powerful and cheap, so OPT was mo only option. I could either go with an iPhone 6S 16GB or iPad Air 2, or iPad Pro and OPT 64GB . decided ipad was more important cos of my bad eyesight and i will use it more. Now others are criticizing my decision left,right and centre 

Why are you guys still saying this stuff outside of the subreddit?

Don't give me the "It's just a joke bro!".

Yeah maybe. I'm just saying he's still right. OP's customer service is as existent as Austin Evan's understanding of PCs (#shotsfired).

It's just a prank

I'm just saying he's still right. OP's customer service is as existent as Austin Evan's understanding of PCs (#shotsfired).

lmfao xD. joke of the day winner!!!!

Thankfully most of my friends will cede when it comes to challenging my hardware picks. I have 1-2 Apple fanboys that sometimes challenge me and then I drop kick them both verbally and physically if need be.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Nope. Parents made me buy it with birthday and other money given by relatives that i have saved up over the years. This is the UK dude, we dont get "college loans" here 

by that I mean leftover money they owed anyway because we pay 29k USD a semester. So putting themselves in more debt basically. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

boohoo

Awww

People hurt your tech feelings huh

We had a guy at school that would be way too technical about everything, for example, we were talking about a computer and I said it has 8 GB of RAM and he rudely inserted "well it depends on which model you get"  :angry: Another instance I was talking about a mod pack for minecraft and every time I said mod instead of mod pack he would yell "IT'S A MOD PACK" then I would say "whatever" and then he would go rambling on about the difference. He would constantly insert smart alick comments and brag about his hardware in the process.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

We had a guy at school that would be way too technical about everything, for example, we were talking about a computer and I said it has 8 GB of RAM and he rudely inserted "well it depends on which model you get"  :angry: Another instance I was talking about a mod pack for minecraft and every time I said mod instead of mod pack he would yell "IT'S A MOD PACK" then I would say "whatever" and then he would go rambling on about the difference. He would constantly insert smart alick comments and brag about his hardware in the process.

that's called being a a worthless piece of dick cheese. I wouldn't really tech that tech supremacy I would just attribute that to him being worthless in general. 

muh specs 

All parts black

-snip- 

Yes but not just tech related. There was a supremacist in my high-school who always put his opinion on others as facts. it got to the point where hr ended up getting punched by someone. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

I had some scrub in my high school years go on and on about how Ubuntu was the best OS ever made and how he built his PC transistor by transistor. Bunch of nonsense. He was really dumb.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110