GTX TITAN X Custom Fan Speed - Dangerous?

Rob.S

Hi there,

I bought a PC with the reference card of the GTX TITAN X. It is in a small form factor PC, reaches normal temps while gaming. But I can make it cool without worrying about the sound, as I have great headphones. Can I set the fan speed to 80 or 100% while gaming without it damaging the fan/card?

- Rob

its fine , if its dangereous why should it be an option then

my rig ( fx-8370@ 4.6GHz / Nepton 240m/ msi 970 gaming / 16 Gb corsair xms / antec VP700P /  aerocool xpredator x1 white / costum rgb lights / r9 290 direct cu2 / 1 TB hhd/ sandisk 128gb ssd / adata SP900 128gb )

peripherals ( steelseries apex / sharkoon fireglider black / razer goliathus / lg25ub55 )

Yes you can.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Why oh why did you get a Titan X...

Because they have a lot of money and not a lot of sense

It should be fine. Nvidia usually dosent let you play with anything that would harm the card (cough, cough, +12Mv, cough).

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

It should be fine. Nvidia usually dosent let you play with anything that would harm the card (cough, cough, +12Mv, cough).

I can do +87 mV on my 970 :o

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

theoretically the high speeds will wear out the fan faster, but i'm sure modern cards are built to take it...

+12Mv, cough

PLUS 12 MEGAVOLTZZZZZZ -wrestling announcer voice-

because its the best. dont give me the rubbish about a 980ti overclocked will beat a titan x. if you oc the titan x it wont get close

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Titan X.. 980TI VRAM Edition?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

BULLSHIT ALERT

overclocked titan x vs overclocked 980ti is a respectable gap and where i am from the 980ti is like 600 and the titan is like 750

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

BULLSHIT ALERT

Because 2FPS is close.

and besides its a titan x. the card isn't completely impracticle. if you want the best performance it is the card to buy

overclocked titan x vs overclocked 980ti is a respectable gap and where i am from the 980ti is like 600 and the titan is like 750

For that difference then the titan X was a good decision. However I would like your titan X to go up against my 1562mhz 980ti on air  :P. But yeah the 980ti makes the most sense in America (and some other countries) because its a nice $350+ difference for minimal non OC performance gains, and then if you hit the lottery you get a titan X or better. 

But if I was in your situation where it was that much of a difference I probably would have gone with the titan X too. 

CPU i7 4770k (4.5ghz OC) | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-x | GPU 980ti G1 Gaming (1562 mhz) | Mobo EVGA z87 Stinger | RAM 16gb Kingston HyperX Beast 1866mhz | PSU EVGA 850w B-2 | Storage Seagate 2tb hdd 7200rpm(main storage) & Samsung 840 EVO 250gb (boot drive) | Case Corsair 250D

lmao, when I was buying the prebuilt, it was the same price as a pc with a 980

For that difference then the titan X was a good decision. However I would like your titan X to go up against my 1562mhz 980ti on air  :P. But yeah the 980ti makes the most sense in America (and some other countries) because its a nice $350+ difference for minimal non OC performance gains, and then if you hit the lottery you get a titan X or better. 

But if I was in your situation where it was that much of a difference I probably would have gone with the titan X too. 

I would have loved the 980Ti...

Yes you can.

its fine , if its dangereous why should it be an option then

Because they have a lot of money and not a lot of sense

Cheers. I'll be keeping the fans up high while gaming. Anyone also know how to do the same thing with the stock intel cooler? I don't own any fan controllers.