Tech that you think will go extinct soon (Discussion)

Gandek

Well I don't have AUX, just find a nice radio.

The shit that I listen to doesn't get played on the radio.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

The shit that I listen to doesn't get played on the radio.

Well, then you can continue using CDs.

Well, then you can continue using CDs.

I will be the last person using them :P

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Tablets need to die. Just fucking die. And best buy salesmen. They will hopefully die soon.

What, so you can have 50 books taking up your whole wall ? Tablets won't die.

Got one of those a while ago, but it's broken xD.

What, so you can have 50 books taking up your whole wall ? Tablets won't die.

Most people who use tablets don't use them for reading... They are mostly used as Facebook machines and in schools for taking *gasps* notes.

THANK YOU !! VGA sucks!

I see no issues with VGA its a standard that any well respected computer or at least laptop should still have. VGA is the most comparable video standard for projectors and such. And it supports at least 1920x1200 60hz. Not bad for such an old spec.

Without pixel peeping tell me you can actually see a difference.

i believe sata will become extinct in about 6 years it cannot reach the same speedss as m.2 and pcie

i believe sata will become extinct in about 6 years it cannot reach the same speedss as m.2 and pcie

Nope. Mass storage doesn't care about speed, just cares about number of drives, and it's a lot easier to have 20 sata ports than 20 PCIe slots or m.2 slots

Java

Adobe Flash

Proprietary software.

Optical media

Consoles

walkman1_1436143i.jpg

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

Monitors

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Java

Why would Java die out? It's used in billions of devices and it's one of the most popular programming languages.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

A standalone MP3 player can be nice to have in a place where you can't take camera cell phones.

can't think of many situations like that, but fair enough - still a pretty niche usage

Any where ther is a place that is covered by Federal Safe Place laws (US), camera phones are not allowed.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Proprietary software.

and hard ware.

Not if Apple has a say.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Most people who use tablets don't use them for reading... They are mostly used as Facebook machines and in schools for taking *gasps* notes.

I use my tablet primarily for reading, and email, sometimes on the run a little bit of netflix or the occasional card game

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

and hard ware.

Not if Apple has a say.

Apple is actually behind the Open-Source Movement.

They are in fact, one of the leaders in the development of the UNIX kernel, which the Linux kernel traces its roots to.

Why would Java die out? It's used in billions of devices and it's one of the most popular programming languages.

It's old, it's unstable, it's a very security-hole prone language.

I see something like Rust replacing it in the future.

LED lighting on setups. 

But for real probably CD's.

Hello fellow night theme users