Tech that you think will go extinct soon (Discussion)

Gandek

LED lighting on setups. 

But for real probably CD's.

RGB on everything, fucking hell, how to make your gaming rig look shit in 2 steps...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Most people who use tablets don't use them for reading... They are mostly used as Facebook machines and in schools for taking *gasps* notes.

My Nexus 7 completely replaced any need I had for a laptop. It's smaller size makes it way more convenient to travel with and the large screen makes them more enjoyable to use compared to a smartphone. Used it as my primary electronic device while working in San Diego for several weeks and in Japan for a month.

If anything I see tablets becomming more prevalent.

AM Radio

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Physical media will fade away (flash drive, cd/dvd/blu-ray , floppy , even large hdd's and external storage) . I personally don't find it OK for someone to own my stuff (cloud) but many people already use cloud storage like it's water ... so i will continue to buy hdd's .

Optical disk will die first . There are many laptops and pc and aio pc's that don't have a disk drive , also many custom builders 'forget' about dvd's.

I hATE sIGNATURES  ;)

hopefully everything made by apple

another PC master race fanboy? shocking...

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

by which I mean do you think its right to overcharge innocent and oblivious customers who think what they're getting is going to be good?

another PC master race fanboy? shocking...

by which I mean do you think its right to overcharge innocent and oblivious customers who think what they're getting is going to be good?

How is Apple overcharging its consumer base?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

pretty much everything you just said was opinion....

yes, there are people who buy expensive MacBooks to use them as fancy Facebook machines. However, there are also people who like Macs for their features. I personally like the retina display as I am a photographer, and seeing my photos in full resolution makes editing easier. I also like the 10Gb/s thunderbolt interface that my MBPr has for transferring the large RAW photo files and gopro footage to and from an external hard drive. I also like the sturdy aluminum construction. 

Did I mention the magsafe power plug that saved my computer countless times when people tripped over my power cable when i was in college?

(I have watched pcs fall to their doom with many cracked LCD panels because of barrel power plugs)

No, my macbook pro doesn't play crysis. but it does a damn good job of doing the things I need it to do, and those are things your pc can't even be spec'ed out to do.

ESXi SysAdmin

pretty much everything you just said was opinion....

yes, there are people who buy expensive MacBooks to use them as fancy Facebook machines. However, there are also people who like Macs for their features. I personally like the retina display as I am a photographer, and seeing my photos in full resolution makes editing easier. I also like the 10Gb/s thunderbolt interface that my MBPr has for transferring the large RAW photo files and gopro footage to and from an external hard drive. I also like the sturdy aluminum construction. 

Did I mention the magsafe power plug that saved my computer countless times when people tripped over my power cable when i was in college?

(I have watched pcs fall to their doom with many cracked LCD panels because of barrel power plugs)

No, my macbook pro doesn't play crysis. but it does a damn good job of doing the things I need it to do, and those are things your pc can't even be spec'ed out to do.

I appreciate that what I'm saying is purely opinion based and I'm sure that your macbook is great for your needs but I'm hardly alone in my dislike of apple's way of operation, or it's technology.

by charging over 150% of the production cost for yesterday's technology

Show me that number from a credible source.

If I recall correctly, LTT made a video about cost to performance of macs vs pcs and it turned out they were pretty much on par for their components.

ESXi SysAdmin

I appreciate that what I'm saying is purely opinion based and I'm sure that your macbook is great for your needs but I'm hardly alone in my dislike of apple's way of operation, or it's technology.

Yes there are plenty of ignorant people in the world that adhere to the hive mind of, "The tech community hates this so I hate it too" without any experience with their products whatsoever. 

Same people who say things like, "Oh don't build on the anti static bag because it's conductive" nonsense because they heard it once and it gets ingrained in their memory even though they have no experience. Or, "Don't spread thermal paste let the heatsink spread it!" Your computer will blow of otherwise!

Or the people that recommend the ATH M50s because they're the tech community fad headphone of choice. 

Yeah like PCI SSDs. Oh wait, everyone else is still using SATA. 

Like the NVME iPhone 6S then right?

I'm not sure NVME is exactly justifiable for use in a smartphone mostly bought by unintelligent businessmen with more money than sense, especially as use of a slightly better SSD increases the price considerably for what is a minor increase in performance

The fact of the matter is, too many people bash Apple for the wrong reasons. Don't be one of those people. Don't jump on the "PC Master Race" bandwagon.

ESXi SysAdmin

Well I'd say FDD, but some modern server mobo still have the connectors. So I'd say Seagate 3TB HDD unless they improve the quality.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm not sure NVME is exactly justifiable for use in a smartphone mostly bought by unintelligent businessmen with more money than sense, especially as use of a slightly better SSD increases the price considerably for what is a minor increase in performance

PCIe SSDs are actually ALOT faster than SATA...... Thats why so many people in the PC market resort to RAID 0 on their boot drives. 

ESXi SysAdmin

Show me that number from a credible source.

If I recall correctly, LTT made a video about cost to performance of macs vs pcs and it turned out they were pretty much on par for their components.

I'm talking more about iPhones, I read an article recently about their price-performance. I'll see if i can find it for you

The fact of the matter is, too many people bash Apple for the wrong reasons. Don't be one of those people. Don't jump on the "PC Master Race" bandwagon.

I totally get what your saying | just personally dislike apple

I'm talking more about iPhones, I read an article recently about their price-performance. I'll see if i can find it for you

We weren't talking about iPhones, we were talking about personal computers... I didn't say you jumped on the "Android Master Race" bandwagon, did I?

ESXi SysAdmin