What should I buy?

780blzit

Hello, I'm currently shopping for a new HDD and a new SSD.

Right now, I'm deciding between: Seagate Desktop SSHD 2TB & WD Black 2TB. The Seagate one is $50 cheaper.

SSD: OCZ Trion 100 240GB and HyperX Fury 240GB. Somewhat similar speeds, HyperX is about $15 more expensive.

Should I put another $35 down and get the Samsung one?

What are your opinions?

Thank you!

Get a WD Blue 2TB and a 850 EVO with the money saved. There's no real difference between WD Blue and Black unless you are a content creator.

SSHDs are dumb unless its for a laptop with only 1 drive bay

get a good HDD like a WD blue, black or red

and I would only recommend intel/samsung/crucial SSDs

its not the speeds that matter, its the reliability and life span

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

dont get an sshd there is no point i would recommend the wd black

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

~snip~

Hey there 780blzit,

SSHD drives are generally very good for certain types of usage. They are basically a regular HDD with a small (usually 8GB) SSD portion used for caching. SSHDs use their own algorithm to see what are the most used applications on the drive and store their files for faster loading and better performance. Everything else work as a regular speed. Those drives age great for single-bay systems as a mid ground between large capacity and faster performance. 
WD Black is a great performance-oriented drive with long warranty and good features for optimized performance. Since you are getting a separate SSD I would go with a HDD rather than a SSHD. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/