Is Linus too 'afraid' to do new things with his videos?

SSOB
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

I don't like how the title and the poll itself are/have different questions.

Quite misleading...

Hey LTT members , i recently thought about how linus produced his videos and what his videos are all about , now we all know that many many vids on the LTT channel are in fact unboxings. Now don't get me wrong i love the geeky sometimes ghetto unboxings linus does but why not change it up a bit? I know many people don't like change but what if we as the comunity that supports LTT the most could detirmine what content linus can produce if you will. Of course the Linus style unboxings musn't go away but me personally and probably many others would like to see some change in the vids , something like ''Gaming monday'' or ''Overclocking wednesday'' some segment that a group of people like and that group of people can look forward to , to cheer up their week or something like that. What are your opinions about this? Is this a terrible idea or can it actually work?

Discuss 

Disclaimer : English is not my native languange , grammar and spelling errors can possibly be in this post.

Interested in Business and Technology

He has, and will continue to do so. I'm not sure where you're getting this, go back to when he began his career on YouTube - and look at how it is now.

I think he's too busy to be doing other stuff, @Slick said that Linus was going to do livestreams from his house but never did

Slick I'm sorry for making bad comments on your stream if you ever see this. If you do reply or on your next stream when you see me just say Ninja it's k

Ok good.

I think the three "over the top" tech quickies didn't quite work, though.

You guys get me wrong , the quality is increased by a hell of a lot , i'm not talking about the quality ( which is outstanding) but the ''concept'' if you will , i hope some people understand where i'm going and can explain it better if not many people understand this...

I think the three "over the top" tech quickies didn't quite work, though.

I've loved every tech quickies especially the over the top ones I don't like most recommendations for the channel to change but I would love to have something like gaming monday an other segments I'm not too fond of motherboard unboxings but I watch them anyway since its linus and he's my favorite youtuber

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I want him to do unboxings outside again! EXTREME

I really liked those video's

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I want him to do unboxings outside again! EXTREME

I really liked those video's

See you guys even likes this ''little'' change what if he will be doing some ''radical'' changes people will be going wild :P

See you guys even likes this ''little'' change what if he will be doing some ''radical'' changes people will be going wild :P

They should make the sexy calendar that they said in a steam. NOW THATS AWESOME

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

They should make the sexy calendar that they said in a steam. NOW THATS AWESOME

I think they should have made it a prize for donating $50 instead of the gold badge so many more people would have donated 

I agree with your idea for segments I really like the idea especially gaming monday, I love the case unboxings and benchmarking cards and of course the WAN show and pretty much anything linus does, its just all motherboard unboxings seem the same so I would rather something else fill that slot, but at the end of the day its his channel and he should do whatever he feels is best, but the outside unboxings were great 

Poll added i hope many people will like this idea...

Poll added i hope many people will like this idea...

HAHA  its 100% yes.  i hope linus gives us what we want

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

HAHA  its 100% yes.  i hope linus gives us what we want

We'll see if after a week or so there are like 10k votes on yes he can't ignore us :P

Meh, he added the WAN show and tech quickie to go along with his unboxing videos. Yes it would be nice to see another 1 or 2 mini shows come out of him but I think he doesn't have the time. It would be nice to see something new but not Gaming Monday or OC Wednesday since subjects like that he already talks so much about in his normal vids and in the WAN show. I am neutral on this.

New stuff will probably come once a while , but to see something which has a schedule like "gaming Monday " in my opinion won't work .

I don't think we should have to option to dictate what we want to see from LMG, it is always nice to be asked our opinion on an idea but I think if we had it down to a poll with community pitched ideas then every other thread will become a "Linus do this very specific walkthrough" which will benefit less then 10% of the community. Obviously that would get a low vote from everyone who didn't want it but I think it would be detrimental to the forums and the few great ideas that come from members. I mean look at the amount of begging that has cropped up recently due to the Humble Bundle giveaways. Some members will try to exploit areas of this forum purely for their own gain rather then the general improvement for everyone.

I want to see some PC gaming with Slick. His streams are enjoyable and some videos of the gang playing something could be cool. Like Slick Vs the rest at SC 2 or something similar would be funny I think. I really enjoy the Wan Show and it has improved so much since they added the structure to it. Some other shows or episodes with the same level of structure would be nice but along side the normal Linus content. I would prefer these sorts of episodes to just be randomly implemented rather then locked down to a 5pm Thursday release or something similar as that could lead to other areas being rushed or episodes being skipped and missed due to other commitments such as off-site events.

Basically YES to new but original content however NO to allowing the community to dictate what it is and NO to specific episodes on specific dates and times.

I think he's too busy to be doing other stuff, @Slick said that Linus was going to do livestreams from his house but never did

Slick I'm sorry for making bad comments on your stream if you ever see this. If you do reply or on your next stream when you see me just say Ninja it's k

Ok good.

You wanted to kick dogs! :P That is not okay haha! I enjoyed the bit of Slicks stream I caught.

I feel like recently there have been quite a few threads about linus's videos and its not going to be very encouraging when he looks on the forum that is here because of him and is meant to be full on people that support him ! Yes there's a way to put across a point about improvements , but it needs to be done in a respectful and good manor . Which I don't think this thread comes across as

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

I don't like how the title and the poll itself are/have different questions.

Quite misleading...

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You have poll upside down :/ Problem is not Linus making new stuff. It's them moving too much towards quality over quantaty. I have already started to miss little discoveries that he used to make during unboxings. Ok, case unboxings are my favorites since unboxing gpu is bit boring to watch if there's no review or performance testing included.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Linus us only scared off one thing. And that is Slicks mom.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Linus has created a system that works for him and his team. There is no apparent reason to change it. Especially just for the sake of change. The outro of his videos outlay his content, unboxings and other computer videos. He does just that. You don't build a channel on one thing and then go in another one. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning