If you could replace your PC and console with a phone...

dizmo

ive had a setup with 9 monitors before... .-. currently at 4.5 because one is a TV that doesnt always feel emotionally stable enough to work 24/7 like i need it to.

BLOODY HELL HOW DO YOU EVEN HAVE HALF A MONITOR

DID YOU CHOP ONE IN HALF?

Of course, you wouldn't chop it in half.

Still, what'd you mean by 4.5? Is the resolution thing just taking up 4 and a half?

This empty space is sure awkward^

BLOODY HELL HOW DO YOU EVEN HAVE HALF A MONITOR

DID YOU CHOP ONE IN HALF?

Of course, you wouldn't chop it in half.

Still, what'd you mean by 4.5? Is the resolution thing just taking up 4 and a half?

im calling it half a monitor because ito nly seems to work when im not looking at it. which on my average work day tends to be 11 hours. so i rounded to half the normal ''24 hour day''.

''4.5 because one is a TV that doesnt always feel emotionally stable enough to work 24/7 like i need it to.''

:P x'D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Phones have 1080p and 1440p screens now, and there's even one with a 2160p screen. I'd like a phone that lets me run a full desktop OS, along with a mini display port (unless there's something newer) for the times I want to hook up a larger display.

Put an Intel Skylake (or Kaby Lake or Cannonlake) CPU in it, along with an NVidia Maxwell (or Pascal) GPU, 8 or 16 GB RAM, 128GB of storage, along with a couple USB 3.1 C ports and a MicroSDXC slot. Also a removeable battery would be nice, but having to use a screwdriver or soldering iron to swap out that or some other parts is fine. :) (Sometimes I accidentally drop my Samsung SGH-T699, and almost every time the back cover pops off & the battery falls out.)

So how much longer will it be before we can fit the same performance and storage capacity in a phone that you can have in a high-end desktop PC? (For example the equivalent of a Core i7-12980X, 4 TB DDR5-4800 RAM, GTX 1590X2 Titan x 4 SLI, 16TB x 8 HDDs, 2x 4TB PCI-E 4.0 x16 SSDs in Raid 0, etc, for the same price, or, for a more reasonable typical phone price, matching an i5-12600K, 1 TB DDR5-4000 RAM, GTX 1570, 16TB HDD + 2TB PCI-E 4.0 x8 SSD.)

No because typical input devices are trash on a phone.  Touchscreens are trash for trying to do anything remotely productive, and mobile OSs don't handle keyboard/mouse input very well at all.

A phone that I could dock and use a real screen and real input devices on?  I'd at least think about it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Short answer short: Hell No!

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO