Post your milestones, ranking, etc...

Message added by SansVarnic

Please go to the following link if you are requesting for a F@H or BOINC Badge

FAH and BOINC Badge Request

83, climbing rather quickly now. Becoming tempted to get some actual dedicated hardware for folding, it's a little bit thrilling!  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Linus

83, climbing rather quickly now. Becoming tempted to get some actual dedicated hardware for folding, it's a little bit thrilling!  :rolleyes:

<raise's hand in the air> It's a bug I tell ya! :)  Now looking into acquiring la third unit...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I'm currently 776  :( But i am trying to fold more often now. But I am gaming too much! lol I have seen some places that some people have dedicated graphics cards for folding, is this true and how do i go about doing this? (sorry if this is already somewhere, i might have missed it)

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

I'm currently 776  :( But i am trying to fold more often now. But I am gaming too much! lol I have seen some places that some people have dedicated graphics cards for folding, is this true and how do i go about doing this? (sorry if this is already somewhere, i might have missed it)

wow, i feel silly now, ive been trying to set up an old rig to use another old card for folding, i never thought about just sticking it in my current rig....

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

wow, i feel silly now, ive been trying to set up an old rig to use another old card for folding, i never thought about just sticking it in my current rig....

Yeah, like i said though, i am not sure if it is even possible.

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

that is 100% possible, just stick another gpu into your mobo.

I actually have a 780 as my main card and a 7970 underneath it. the 7970 is folding 24/7 and I only pause the 780 when I play games or go some editing.

here's the link to the thread I made https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53402-amd-or-nvidia-why-not-both/ if you need any more info on my rig, feel free to send me a PM.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

I actually have a 780 as my main card and a 7970 underneath it. the 7970 is folding 24/7 and I only pause the 780 when I play games or go some editing.

here's the link to the thread I made https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53402-amd-or-nvidia-why-not-both/ if you need any more info on my rig, feel free to send me a PM.

awesome! thanks for the info, ill chuck it in and let you know how it goes :)

I'm waiting for someone to be like "I am Number Four." :)

Currently #10 and probably staying there for a while until I get that winter heat radiator of a 4P system going. And then still, I probably will produce much less than the top 2 people until I get a second one running or something.

jmrios just overtook me, hmpf. ;)

Alright, thank you. I will try it out. :)

-it24-

For dual cards, one dedicated to folding, it is quote simple, but save yourself some headaches and make sure they are same brand - don't mix AMD and NVidia - other then that, easy peasy.

Via advanced via you can actually pause individual slots, so when gaming, "pause" your primary card and leave the second one folding away...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Than wheres Muraus and Firefox...

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

overall #97...I'm at the point where I am conflicted, I can either game or fold but I can't do both. I really need to find a way to use my old 7770 that I have but my PSU doesn't have another 6 pin PCI-e connector :(

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

For dual cards, one dedicated to folding, it is quote simple, but save yourself some headaches and make sure they are same brand - don't mix AMD and NVidia - other then that, easy peasy.

Via advanced via you can actually pause individual slots, so when gaming, "pause" your primary card and leave the second one folding away...

Any massive reason i shouldn't mix the two? I honestly just finished putting the other card in my rig. everything seem to be working fine, or is there long term damage i could do if i leave it?

pics for proof! 

Dxqf06j.jpg

Any massive reason i shouldn't mix the two? I honestly just finished putting the other card in my rig. everything seem to be working fine, or is there long term damage i could do if i leave it?

pics for proof! 

No issues at all with doing it - just sometimes you get driver issues and one brand won't fold and it is a b$%^t to trouble shoot. If yours it working, perfect!!

overall #97...I'm at the point where I am conflicted, I can either game or fold but I can't do both. I really need to find a way to use my old 7770 that I have but my PSU doesn't have another 6 pin PCI-e connector :(

You can buy, online, Ebay, local computer store, a connector that will take 2 x molex to one PCIe 6 pin. That would do it, if you have two molex connectors free.

No issues at all with doing it - just sometimes you get driver issues and one brand won't fold and it is a b$%^t to trouble shoot. If yours it working, perfect!!

Awesome sauce! thank you sir!

You can buy, online, Ebay, local computer store, a connector that will take 2 x molex to one PCIe 6 pin. That would do it, if you have two molex connectors free.

so something like this? And I shouldn't have any problems using both my 7950 and 7770 with the Seasonic 550w?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

so something like this? And I shouldn't have any problems using both my 7950 and 7770 with the Seasonic 550w?

Is this the model you have: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119

That one has a single 12v rail, which is perfect - so, based on your hardware, and no overclocking - it should be able to handle it. If it was multi rail, then I would worry as you could easily overload one in a 2+ rail PSU.

Is this the model you have: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119

That one has a single 12v rail, which is perfect - so, based on your hardware, and no overclocking - it should be able to handle it. If it was multi rail, then I would worry as you could easily overload one in a 2+ rail PSU.

Yup that's exactly what I have. Sweet now I just need to order the 2 molex to 1 6pin and I can finally use that 7770 that has been collecting dust for a couple of months. Thank you Master Whaler Lord ;)

Yup that's exactly what I have. Sweet now I just need to order the 2 molex to 1 6pin and I can finally use that 7770 that has been collecting dust for a couple of months. Thank you Master Whaler Lord ;)

I have the molex to pcie adapter in my hand right now, if you were in Australia i would be more than happy to send it to you! :)

I have the molex to pcie adapter in my hand right now, if you were in Australia i would be more than happy to send it to you! :)

lol no that's fine I can get it cheap online where.

lol no that's fine I can get it cheap online where.

No problem mate

Today I had to RMA one of my 7970`s because one of the fans decided to retire!

I expect it to be gone for 2 weeks so I think that my short time @ #3 is over. :-)

I am moving up...Got to 214 today and am moving up fast :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!