Choosing an R9 390

Gonza

Hello.

I need help choosing between these two cards:

Sapphire R9 390 Nitro Tri-x OC Version 8GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202164&cm_re=r9_390-_-14-202-164-_-Product

ASUS R9 390 Strix OC 8GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121974&cm_re=r9_390-_-14-121-974-_-Product

I know the Sapphire has better cooling but the main problem is that it comes with a Free Mouse Pad and Newegg states that it is a "Combo" so I cannot use Visa Checkout to subtract another $25 which on the Asus Card I can and would be getting that 390 for $250 ish vs $290. 

Thanks!

ASUS doesn't give a crap about VRM cooling, tends to be hotter and louder than competition. At least on AMD cards. Personally I would still go with Sapphire even for $40 extra. No the performance difference is not worth $40 extra.

ASUS doesn't give a crap about VRM cooling, tends to be hotter and louder than competition. At least on AMD cards. Personally I would still go with Sapphire even for $40 extra. No the performance difference is not worth $40 extra.

Asus has vrm cooling... It's the vram they're lacking.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Get a 970 instead cause it's bettter :P

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!