Smart Projector Trouble shooting

coollll068

Hi guys my school was recently throwing one of there smart projectors out and i wanted to see if i could fix it so they just let me have it

the reason they where getting rid of it  is because of this overheating problem. When you start the projector it will immediately pop up on the screen and say that it is internally overheating. I have checked the fan on the side of the projector and am almost positive that this is not the case. So i have a question

1. Is their a heat sink fan on most projectors?

2. do you think that this might be a error ?

3. is there anyway to override the error? 

``links``

http://smarttech.com/us/Support/Browse+Support/Support+Documents/KB1/128329.aspx --- shows the error icon that im getting

Open it and take a look.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Open it and take a look.

i did it dose not seem to be the exhaust fan or the lamp

Open the projector head up and clean it out. Have you personally felt it to see if it is actually getting hot? If not, then the temperature sensor could be faulty.

What do you plan to use the projector for? From personal experience, they have very poor resolution.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD