ACX 2.0 Coolers

thatguyyouknow75

Do all ACX 2.0 coolers look exactly alike? Im going to buy a second 970 but might not necessarily be able to get mine (the 04g-p4-2972-kr) the sc gaming or whatever (clocked at 1165mz) at the best price. If i get a similar one that is ACX 2.0 will they look exactly alike but with slightly varying clock speeds?

yeah except the classified and kingpin which are way bigger

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It would appear so, but the 2.0+ look like a lighter black/grey. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

yeah except the classified and kingpin which are way bigger

I wasnt really looking at those, no point in spending more for an outrageous clock speed that wouldnt be used, but a good tip to think in mind thanks!

It would appear so, but the 2.0+ look like a lighter black/grey. 

Ill keep that in mind, i think the IO plate is different too

I wasnt really looking at those, no point in spending more for an outrageous clock speed that wouldnt be used, but a good tip to think in mind thanks!

what??

what do you mean it "won't be used"?

it increases fps in game...of course its used

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what??

what do you mean it "won't be used"?

it increases fps in game...of course its used

in sli if two cards are running at different speeds the faster one will match the speed of the slower one. I already own this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product

in sli if two cards are running at different speeds the faster one will match the speed of the slower one. I already own this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product

nope, that's not true

used to be a long time ago, not anymore

you can SLI cards with different clock speeds and they will each run at what they are set at, no downlocking the faster one

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/515193/sli-ing-cards-with-different-clocks/?offset=7

Spoiler

nope, that's not true

used to be a long time ago, not anymore

you can SLI cards with different clock speeds and they will each run at what they are set at, no downlocking the faster one

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/515193/sli-ing-cards-with-different-clocks/?offset=7

interesting...im still not planning on spending a lot more on the FTW model, but i learned something. 

what ever happened to VRaM stacking on dx12?

interesting...im still not planning on spending a lot more on the FTW model, but i learned something. 

what ever happened to VRaM stacking on dx12?

you dont need to spend more for an overclocked card, most of the other cards will overclock just as much or more

and vram stacking was allowed by DX12

doesnt mean that developers will implement it in their games

or that AMD and nvidia are going to make drivers that support it

so yeah dont expect vram stacking any time in the next few years

Spoiler