FX9590 Overclocking

5.2GHz @ 1.488v with CPUNB and HT Link at 2200MHz @ 1.275v and 1.225v respectively (bit arbitrary volt selection, might not need that much...; offset voltage mode), Ram 2133MHz, Digi+ CPU LLC Ultra High, CPUNB LLC High etc

http://valid.canardpc.com/qdnr11

5.2GHz no effort at all with my configuration and CPU

Are you gonna try to go higher? looks like you've got some voltage headroom. Like 5.5?

Funny how both the Yoda's have a 9590.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Are you gonna try to go higher? looks like you've got some voltage headroom. Like 5.5?

Funny how both the Yoda's have a 9590.

It's going to 5.5 weather it wants to or not...  :D

Just notice the Yoda thing LOL...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Hey guys, 

I received my 9590 two days ago but didn't have too much time yet for tweaking. As with Spannerhands, mine seems to run a bit cooler out of the box, does not need as much convincing to go higher. My 8350 was at 5GHz with pretty much 1.51v, and never entirely stable like that but only b/c I didn't want to give up on my 2400MHz Ram - I bought it like that and it shall run at 2400MHz HRHR :D (was stable p95 FFT but not stable p95 Blend / OCCT, only with 2133MHz ram).

Anyway, looks like if I want to go beyond 5GHz with my 'new' 9590, I will have to give up on my ram a bit, maybe settle for 2133 or 1866MHz on ram, with CPUNB at 2200 and HT Link at x...

My board suggests 1.4v for CPUNB and 1.3v for NB HT for just changing CPUNB Frequency to 2400 from 2200, keeping HT Frequency at 2600 :/

I think with some lower memory frequency, this 9590 should go for 5100 / 5200 p95 FFT and Blend stable.

Anyone who likes me to try a certain setting, let me know - I do it  ;)

@ Spannerhands - Do you mind exchanging some advanced UEFI settings for the CVFZ to not overlook anything maybe?

WELCOME to the the FX9590 Club  :D

Will post my settings once new cooling loop is in and I am getting better results...

The first overclock was a quick will it do it? so not really played with all the setting from my old FX8350 5Ghz profile to really give it a workout...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

ha - everyone likes yoda lol - didn't realize either earlier!

Thanks for the welcome!

About 5.5Ghz, will give it a try, but not today, need to finish some work :/ But there might be something left - subject to cooling mainly...

I was trying earlier with 2400MHz ram but I just cannot get it to f... work - Blend always fails. And I am way to stubborn to just change it to 2133 :/ - Higher CL, different timings, CPU / CPUNB / NB HT / VDDR / VDDA, all Digi+ stuff - nothing left to try.

Ah well, OCD aside, my 9590 does have more room than my week 02/13 8350 - and that was a pretty good one apparently. Main issue with both is heat. The higher TDP everyone complains about does not matter anyway, probably the 9590 will get away with slightly lower wattage than 8350 due to potentially lower vcore required at the same level, i.e. 5GHz. My 8350 gets into Windows @ 5.2Ghz as well, but it surely doesn't like it.

At the end of the day, a good 8350 is much better value than the 9590. For about GBP300 it is still too expensive compared to what Intel has to offer in the same range (and that is no fanboy speak either side, who cares what anyone buys).

I have a feeling that with what I do, mainly for work, the more threads help a little...

Laters :)

5950X • Asus B550-I • 32GB GSkill 3800 C14 • 3090FE • Samsung 990 Pro 2TB • Winter One • custom loop

It's going to 5.5 weather it wants to or not...  :D

Just notice the Yoda thing LOL...

this should be good.... popcorn, sunglasses sun cream at the ready  B)

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

why?

why?

why?

why?

why?

why?

why?

why?

why?

why?

you should have just burned that $1000 than buy that

Assassin, I'm banning you from this thread. You don't even know what they cost anymore... ~400 USD ( 300 euros = 396.81). Get out of here with your anti AMD views. You're upsetting the fanboys (me)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Assassin, I'm banning you from this thread. You don't even know what they cost anymore... ~400 USD ( 300 euros = 396.81). Get out of here with your anti AMD views. You're upsetting the fanboys (me)

Before assuming they're anti-AMD...try searching in all stores. On Amazon, it's till over 624 euros. http://www.amazon.com/AMD-FD9590FHHKWOF-FX-9590-FX-Series-Edition/dp/B00DGGW3MI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377806872&sr=8-1&keywords=FX9590

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Before assuming they're anti-AMD...try searching in all stores. On Amazon, it's till over 624 euros. http://www.amazon.com/AMD-FD9590FHHKWOF-FX-9590-FX-Series-Edition/dp/B00DGGW3MI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377806872&sr=8-1&keywords=FX9590

I know assassin though. Like personally. He's anti amd :P

Still, it's not cheap everywhere.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

this should be good.... popcorn, sunglasses sun cream at the ready B)

Changed my profile pic to something more suitable....

excellent :D  

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Lets face it, it's almost doing that out of the box isn't it :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm not anti- AMD, but that's a fucking waste if he bought it at the original retail price

I'm not anti- AMD, but that's a fucking waste if he bought it at the original retail price

OMG

First off I paid £299

Secondly I really cant stand it when people start going, why did you buy that its so expensive etc... if you dont like the FX9590 and you think its a totall ripoff then fine thats your opinion, but dont worry it does not effect you as noone is forcing you to buy one.

Finally if someone had bought a FX9590 at full price, do you know what I would say to them?

Well done your a f**king legend!

Now this is a discussion for overclocking the FX9590 not compling that someone bought one...

Finally if someone had bought a FX9590 at full price, do you know what I would say to them?

Why?

Why?

The point he is trying to get across is that we should discuss the topic at hand.......

He doesn't really care about anything else

OMG

First off I paid £299

Secondly I really cant stand it when people start going, why did you buy that its so expensive etc... if you dont like the FX9590 and you think its a totall ripoff then fine thats your opinion, but dont worry it does not effect you as noone is forcing you to buy one.

Now this is a discussion for overclocking the FX9590 not compling that someone bought one...

goddamn, you might want to read what I just said, I literally said "It would be a shame if you bought it at ORIGINAL RETAIL PRICE"

so your first statement just made you look like a moron, congrats on that, might want to edit that

2nd thing, if you want to blow your money, so be it, but I don't see the appeal of it, it's a highly binned version of a $200 CPU, I personally see no justification in that, I want fuller features, such as SLi x16 PCi-e 3.0, capable of 64GB of ram, more IPC's and other extensive features I could get on an intel and their 3rd parties line of x79 motherboard's that you can't on an AMD. Also, people who buy a FX 9590 (full price) aren't  legends, they're the same people who don't have any fore sight and just say "it's a thousand dollars? wow that must be amazing!"

it's stupid and irresponsible

goddamn, you might want to read what I just said, I literally said "It would be a shame if you bought it at ORIGINAL RETAIL PRICE"

so your first statement just made you look like a moron, congrats on that, might want to edit that

2nd thing, if you want to blow your money, so be it, but I don't see the appeal of it, it's a highly binned version of a $200 CPU, I personally see no justification in that, I want fuller features, such as SLi x16 PCi-e 3.0, capable of 64GB of ram, more IPC's and other extensive features I could get on an intel and their 3rd parties line of x79 motherboard's that you can't on an AMD. Also, people who buy a FX 9590 aren't  legends, they're the same people who don't have any fore sight and just say "it's a thousand dollars? wow that must be amazing!"

it's stupid and irresponsible

THEN WHY EVEN ENTER THE THREAD? FFS

Not really, more or less confused (no e in mad btw). Anyways, OP how far do you plan on pushing this? And what liquid cooling setup are you looking at? I think something like 5.7 Ghz would be really sexy, and possible if you can keep it cool enough, AND you got lucky in the 9590 lotto :P

-edit-

Looked back through the pages and found it, looks really sexy! I wouldn't go further than 1.55 voltage wise, I think the chip would keel over pretty quick, no matter how cool you keep it. Feel free to go for suicide clocks though, just don't keep this monster that high :P

Not really, more or less confused (no e in mad btw). Anyways, OP how far do you plan on pushing this? And what liquid cooling setup are you looking at? I think something like 5.7 Ghz would be really sexy, and possible if you can keep it cool enough, AND you got lucky in the 9590 lotto :P

Waiting on delivey of:

EX CPU & MB blocks

watercool MO RA3

Lang 450s

9X NF F12'S

And will push it as far as it will go and I am hoping that I won the lotto :-)

Waiting on delivey of:

EX CPU & MB blocks

watercool MO RA3

Lang 450s

9X NF F12'S

And will push it as far as it will go and I am hoping that I won the lotto :-)

I wish you the best of luck! Can't wait to hear the results! Hit 5.8Ghz, and I'll give you a copy of Malware Bytes Anti Malware :P

Seriously guys if you take exception to the content of the thread there is a pretty simple resolution - don't comment. No one wants to hear your personal views on whether or not it is a good buy; it's not that type of "advise me for the best CPU to buy for £X" - no, this is a thread dedicated to showcasing a CPU that not many people have personal experience with. If you want to flame, do it elsewhere. DO NOT derail the thread because of your personal views.

I want to see what this bad boy can do, have you considered sending it sub-zero to see how far it will go? Hell I would happily throw a few bucks towards the gear to see what it can pull on LN2.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)